PDA

View Full Version : Size of cases

Greenville Pyro
11-17-2020, 01:57 PM
I'm going to ask a silly question. Roughly how large are cases of 1.3 product? Now I know every cake and manufacturer is different, but I'm trying to figure out if a 3 foot x 3 foot x 3 foot magazine will be big enough. I'm assuming I can stack cases. They're never wider/longer than 3 feet right? I only envision up to 6 cases total (couple cakes, few 3 inch shells). Will this be big enough?

BMoore
11-25-2020, 10:04 AM
There are certainly lots of cakes with a bigger footprint than 3’ x 3’. On average I’d say case sizes are similar to 1.4 cases. Just depends on what you are buying. 3’x3’ might work for a few leftover items but since you are talking about cases of product I think you will be disappointed.

SkipMartin
12-03-2020, 03:17 PM
I would shoot more for 6' X 6' X 20'. You won't fit much in a 3' X 3' X 3' area.

Greenville Pyro
12-04-2020, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. I wish I could get something much bigger. Right now, I'm only planning 2-4 1.3 cakes as an addition to my show. Just wanted to make sure that if I came home with a 100 shot thunderking and a 16 shot 4 inch cake that it'd fit.

jamisonlm3
12-04-2020, 06:22 PM
A 16 shot 4" cake? That's got to be quite a big cake.

Greenville Pyro
12-04-2020, 06:50 PM
I don't want to get in trouble with linking things, but Skysong has one called Big Spender. It looks taller than wide.

BMoore
12-05-2020, 09:45 AM
I don't want to get in trouble with linking things, but Skysong has one called Big Spender. It looks taller than wide.

Those big bore cakes are hard to find in the U.S. and for good reason. IMHO if you want shells 3” and up buy racks and do it the right way. Are you ATF licensed at this point? Do you have a distributor? Consider using contingency storage for a while before deciding if a magazine is right for you. Seems like an awful lot of extra work, time and money for a couple minutes of 1.3 enjoyment.

Greenville Pyro
12-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Working on first ATF. Not licensed yet. Spoke with Dave about options. South Carolina has NOTHING near it. The only contingency I might be able to arrange would be through a fireworks company. I haven't reached out yet. Looking to purchase product in Florida. That's the closest distributor to me I've found. They do offer contingency storage, but a 9 hour drive is too far. I'd love to find a contingency plan for SC first, but in the absence of that, at least I can afford a small magazine to get the process rolling. My wife won't allow anything "big and ugly"...

IndianaPH
12-05-2020, 04:58 PM
Greenville Pyro-

I don't know if you have searched this forum for job box magazines, but there is a lot of information available. Here are a couple of threads that I have participated in:

Discussion of Magazine Sizes (http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?8316-Best-Size-Job-Box-for-Indoor-Magazine)

My Magazine Build (http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?7465-Mailed-Application-Today-amp-Have-A-Couple-of-Questions)

Good Luck.

displayfireworks1
12-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Do you have an external unoccupied building or a shed? You can use a job box magazine. Of course it not going to hold all that much but it is enough to possibly get you licensed. I'm finding it is easier to get ATF licensed first using a contingency agreement. Once you are licensed and start using 1.3 fireworks you can then decide on your own magazine. If you are already licensed and then go for the ATF approval on the magazine its easier. Since states have some control on explosive storage, see what South Carolina has , if they have anything at all. If you attend an open shoot in Pennsylvania at Fire Art in Clearfield to purchase and shoot 1.3 fireworks plus attend an PGI shooter course that same day, we can help get you ATF licensed if you pass the background check, fingerprint etc.

shake the cove
12-13-2020, 05:02 PM
Do you have an external unoccupied building or a shed? You can use a job box magazine. Of course it not going to hold all that much but it is enough to possibly get you licensed. I'm finding it is easier to get ATF licensed first using a contingency agreement. Once you are licensed and start using 1.3 fireworks you can then decide on your own magazine. If you are already licensed and then go for the ATF approval on the magazine its easier. Since states have some control on explosive storage, see what South Carolina has , if they have anything at all. If you attend an open shoot in Pennsylvania at Fire Art in Clearfield to purchase and shoot 1.3 fireworks plus attend an PGI shooter course that same day, we can help get you ATF licensed if you pass the background check, fingerprint etc.

That is an excellent example and offer Dave has given you .It could take over a year and a half to do it yourself. By the way Dave has an excellent CD on how to navigate the ATF process. It is not difficult but any mistakes just drags out your time and dealing with the government.

Greenville Pyro
12-13-2020, 09:10 PM
I am looking at getting a shed this spring. Just got approval from the wife. I'll work on the job box this winter.