PDA

View Full Version : Perchlorate quickmatch blue wrap

Amaturepyro
11-14-2020, 07:38 PM
I may have asked before but don?t remember....I recently had the opportunity to get 10 rolls of this blue perchlorate quickmatch at a very very low price. I?ve never used it before tho. All I know about is Dave?s video and maybe one other demo I?ve seen on YouTube...My question is it really that violent and shitty of a match?? Has anyone used it before? All I?ve dealt with is grey quick fuse in the past but figured for the price, I couldn?t pass it up. But I also don?t want faults with my products/shows because of it or put myself in a dangerous situation if it?s really that bad?? I know it can be ?explosive???

displayfireworks1
11-14-2020, 09:51 PM
My experience has been , if the outer wrapping is blue and/or red no brand name on it , it is a perchlorate quick match. I am actually glad you reported you purchased it at very low price. To me, that means the word is out about this and distributors are dumping it. Not sure what application you are using this for. For basic transferring fire to single shell lift of black powder , it should be fine. For transferring fire to Visco or finale use. Its not going to work very well. Test it out before you use it. If feel comfortable posting a picture of it . cut the outer wrapping and post a picture of the threads.

PyroJoeNEPA
11-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Confirming what Dave said above--it is fine as a leader for a shell--does NOT pass fire to visco very well because it burns so violently, and is NOT reliable to make chains with.
On the up side, take a 4" piece & put a piece of visco in it--tie it off with a piece of string to hold the visco in--it goes off with quite a bang!!!

Scotty Rockets
11-16-2020, 12:26 PM
It’s becoming a big problem as bp quick match is coming in red and blue as well, and another problem the perc based is coming in black so it’s nearly impossible to tell be just looking at the fuse or pipe color.

PyroJoeNEPA
11-16-2020, 08:05 PM
It was also made with the brown waterproof jacket on it---that was the first stuff that hit the US--but that was several [6-8] years ago & I haven't seen it since then--only the red and blue.
DunPai [Dominator 1.3] was using it for leaders on their shells for several years--white jacket with "DUNPAI" printed on it. Some of their chains had it, some were BP. You never new what you would get! FWIW--we don't use them any longer.

displayfireworks1
11-17-2020, 09:45 AM
Joe brought back a memory when he said 6 to 8 years ago and this fuse. Only back then they didn't know how to properly formulate it. This is one of my unlisted videos from August , 2014. Please excuse my anger and swearing. When you work hard all day and your finale does not go well to no fault of your own, it hurts.
Starting at 2:46 in the video. I start to document the event. Take a close look at the fuse. Back then I thought moisture got to the product. Now I suspect 2014 was the start of the bad fuse coming out of China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRFg8Sal9sc

Amaturepyro
11-17-2020, 08:29 PM
I?ll try n get a pic for u. Yeah I was gona use it for a finale but not sure after that video. Lol. Maybe stick to my grey quick fuse then. I paid $10 a roll. Not sure if that?s cheap or expensive when it comes to this kind of shit match.

Amaturepyro
11-17-2020, 08:37 PM
What I noticed too was I had some 3” shells with this blue match on it and it sounded like an explosion itself when it left the pipe. That’s gotta be the same type of match??

jamisonlm3
11-17-2020, 10:30 PM
It looks like that stuff is so energetic, it's practially blowing itself apart.

215less
11-18-2020, 12:45 AM
It looks like that stuff is so energetic, it's practially blowing itself apart.

I got shook when Dave?s camera shows that one shell just sitting on top on the mortar. Yikes.... must have been made on a Friday