PDA

View Full Version : Single shot 60/62 mm AP question

Greenville Pyro
11-05-2020, 02:53 PM
I'm sure some guys here have used the 60/62mm dominator/76proline single shots. I really like the look of them and want to incorporate them into my shows. The websites say that they can be dropped into 2.5 or 3 inch mortars. Has anyone done it this way? How do you drop them in? Certainly not by the firewire. Is there a string? Is there a better way? Maybe someone has a picture. Thanks

jamisonlm3
11-05-2020, 03:30 PM
All the single shots I've worked with were pretty light. While probably frowned upon, I think a 2-3" piece of tape over the wire would have more than enough hold to support the weight of one as it's lowed down. I can't remember ever doing it though. They always went into a special rack just for them.

Rick_In_Tampa
11-09-2020, 10:46 PM
I don't know what you pay for tubes and racks but I shoot these single shot deals, and I use a 15 cent wood rod I buy from Wal Mart and duct tape. If you want to shoot 2 or more at a time, I duct tape them together and sink two wood rods between them into the ground at any angle I desire. Cheap, easy, effective. Save the wood rods for next year. I have pictures on here somewhere of the setup. You'll have to search for them though.

Mattp
11-10-2020, 09:22 AM
I like ricks simple method,, and frees up mortars for shells,, can even put them in a empty rack and zip tie them in place ... but if you did want to “drop” them into mortars... you do just that... drop em in... just like you would a shell