PDA

View Full Version : Midwest wood specialty

NewPyro93
10-26-2020, 05:55 PM
What is going on with Midwest? The dont respond to emails, when you call the number on their website some retired male and female answer the phone saying wrong number. I've been waiting on my order for weeks now and still nothing.... are they a sponsor on this page?

displayfireworks1
10-26-2020, 07:14 PM
If this was one of my advertisers I could help but they are not. Call email etc the company.

NewPyro93
10-26-2020, 07:23 PM
If this was one of my advertisers I could help but they are not. Call email etc the company.

Oh trust me I have dont both Dave. I emailed them about 3 weeks ago and still nothing. When I call a random person picks up and says you have the wrong number. I'm just hoping I didnt get scammed for my money

pyroboom
10-26-2020, 10:27 PM
I wonder if the owner of Platte River Fireworks knows what is going on. If you can call Russ (the owner of Platte) and see if he knows anything. I believe he is somewhat close to Midwest.

Salutecake
10-27-2020, 07:58 AM
So, I recognize the anger in your email. I did a WHOIS on midwestwoodspecialties.com and it looks like the registrar is Google -- I would file a complaint with Googles domain services and tell them they are hosting a fraudulent or scam company and you are going to file a complaint with the FCC. Perhaps Google is a little to big for it's britches, but filing a complaint usually leads to further action by the registrar, Phone calls, letters, and possibly removal of their domain name. Not really helping to solve your problem, but perhaps keep others from getting scammed.

topshelfpyro
10-27-2020, 09:57 AM
So, I recognize the anger in your email. I did a WHOIS on midwestwoodspecialties.com and it looks like the registrar is Google -- I would file a complaint with Googles domain services and tell them they are hosting a fraudulent or scam company and you are going to file a complaint with the FCC. Perhaps Google is a little to big for it's britches, but filing a complaint usually leads to further action by the registrar, Phone calls, letters, and possibly removal of their domain name. Not really helping to solve your problem, but perhaps keep others from getting scammed.

Midwest has been around for a long long time, I personally know of a company that orders 50,000+ plugs from them every year. Calm down until you actually know what is happening. COVID has F'ed up alot of things and businesses are not immune. From a personal experience they make probably the nicest plugs in the market but some vendors want to save a few pennies and cut their own.

Not sure what number your calling but I literally just talked to them and they answered in 3 rings. Are you sure you didn't order from a "spoof" website?

jknepp1954
10-27-2020, 07:42 PM
ok - so i have the North American Fireworks Directory - sort of the "BIBLE" of the fireworks trade. Has most of the contact info anyone in the industry or enthusuast would need.
www.midwestwoodspecialties.com
608-759-5514 Jamie Rice sales rep
hope this helps

NewPyro93
10-28-2020, 09:46 AM
So apparently Midwest Wood Specialties has changed internet providers and that is the reason for the mix up. I spoke to Jamie rice on Facebook messenger and that is what he told me