PDA

View Full Version : $100 ATF Application Fee Deducted on Oct 6th... No news = Bad News?

Chad101
10-23-2020, 12:03 AM
I purchased the DVD series on obtaining my Type 54 License last July (btw, thank you Dave).

I mailed in my application on Sept 28th via certified mail. The $100 fee was deducted from my checking account on Oct 6th.

I have not heard anything back (letter, email, or phone call). I’ve been watching my phone like a hawk at work, and I’m constantly checking my email. I feel like I’m watching a pot, waiting for the water to boil :(

On average, how long does it take before I hear back from the ATF?

displayfireworks1
10-23-2020, 07:03 AM
What state are you from?

Chad101
10-23-2020, 10:17 AM
What state are you from?

I live in Erie, MI

NewPyro93
10-23-2020, 04:27 PM
Don't feel so bad. Mailed my application in on sep 11th, charged my card on sep 22nd and I still haven't heard anything yet

displayfireworks1
10-23-2020, 09:10 PM
You are from Michigan but close to Indiana and Ohio. Lots of fireworks activity near you, they should get moving on it soon. The ATF seems to be doing everything by phone lately. Answer all phone calls that you get that correspond with the hours open you listed on your application. I'm predicting you will be licensed 30 days before New Years Eve.

Chad101
10-26-2020, 08:36 AM
Thank you Dave. I’ll keep an eye on things and report back when I hear from them.

Chad101
10-26-2020, 08:37 AM
Keep me posted NewPyro93

NewPyro93
10-26-2020, 09:39 PM
Keep me posted NewPyro93

I will. I actually just got a email from someone saying it can get 3 to 4 months on top of the month and a week its already been. I told him isn't the waiting period 90 days and then they have to either deny you or issue you your license and I still haven't heard anything back so we'll see what happens

ssmith512
10-27-2020, 12:24 PM
I purchased the DVD series on obtaining my Type 54 License last July (btw, thank you Dave).

I mailed in my application on Sept 28th via certified mail. The $100 fee was deducted from my checking account on Oct 6th.

I have not heard anything back (letter, email, or phone call). I’ve been watching my phone like a hawk at work, and I’m constantly checking my email. I feel like I’m watching a pot, waiting for the water to boil :(

On average, how long does it take before I hear back from the ATF?

I had my phone interview 1 week after they cashed my check. But, now 8 weeks after the interview, I still dont have my User Permit. It seems, sometimes it takes a while to get the interview but then the permit is issued quickly, other times interview happens quickly but takes a while to get the permit. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it all.

Chad101
11-12-2020, 07:37 AM
Update: Still waiting for my interview. I have not heard back from the ATF yet. I’ll post another update when I do.

Question: Should I call the ATF and see if they can provide a status update?

But, I don’t want to be nuisance either (and potentially get my application moved to the bottom of the stack).

My guy instinct is telling me that I should continue to be patient and wait it out.

ssmith512
11-12-2020, 08:58 AM
Doesnt hurt to check. My inspector was very accommodating when I touched base with him a few requesting status of my permit.

Chad101
11-17-2020, 05:56 PM
I ended up giving in and calling. I couldn’t get through to anyone at the Detroit office (tried 3 times throughout the day). So I ended up calling the Federal Explosives Licensing Center (FELC) #. I gave them my information and they said my application is pending. I’ll give it another month or so.

NewPyro93
11-17-2020, 08:38 PM
I ended up giving in and calling. I couldn’t get through to anyone at the Detroit office (tried 3 times throughout the day). So I ended up calling the Federal Explosives Licensing Center (FELC) #. I gave them my information and they said my application is pending. I’ll give it another month or so.

You still never had your interview yet????

215less
11-17-2020, 10:20 PM
I submitted mine on October 26th. Card charged on the 5th and still patiently waiting for the interview process. I?m guessing the offices are swamped.

NewPyro93
11-18-2020, 12:59 AM
I submitted mine on October 26th. Card charged on the 5th and still patiently waiting for the interview process. I?m guessing the offices are swamped.

I submitted mine on the 13th of September, they charged my card on the 22nd of September and my interview was on the 2nd of November. Im still waiting for my type 54 to come in the mail

215less
11-18-2020, 01:02 AM
I submitted mine on the 13th of September, they charged my card on the 22nd of September and my interview was on the 2nd of November. Im still waiting for my type 54 to come in the mail

Thanks for the heads up.

NewPyro93
11-18-2020, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Im also in NJ where fireworks are illegal. Only safe and sane is allowed so it would be weird if you didn't get yours before me. Unless there is an unusual amount of applications being turned in

Chad101
12-17-2020, 03:02 PM
Wow! What an amazing person!

My meeting concluded about an hour ago and I was approved!! I?m praying my license arrives in time for New Years Eve now Lol.

I have allot to share. We talked about everything (including career opportunities at the FBI & ATF). I?ll post a detailed update later on!