PDA

View Full Version : European market Fireworks

FinnAmerican
10-14-2020, 04:04 PM
I know this topic is bit of a taboo subject. Has anyone here in the U.S. had any experience with European fireworks..?

Arclight
10-14-2020, 08:37 PM
I know this topic is bit of a taboo subject. Has anyone here in the U.S. had any experience with European fireworks..?

No, but I want to visit that liquor store/professional fireworks shop in Poland!

PyroJoeNEPA
10-15-2020, 10:10 AM
Yes--there is a small supply line of items that make it here from Europe--Poland, Italy, Spain, etc. Makes for nice collectables. Match crackers, maroons, etc.

FinnAmerican
10-16-2020, 10:41 AM
Last 4th of July, I shot off a couple of these Polish plastic shell firecrackers. The black one: JaJa Dinozaura (Dinosaur Eggs) and the green & red: Football Boom XXL. They're heavy hitters, for sure...The only fall back is that they shoot plastic shrapnel.
I'll be lighting off a few more on New Year's Eve. Along with a few other Euro market crackers.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-16-2020, 10:47 AM
I got a bag of the red & green ones but the casing was smooth--not patterned like the ones in your pic. I will see if I can get a pic of some of the stuff the next day or two & post it. I never saw the black ones.

displayfireworks1
10-16-2020, 12:17 PM
I have video of me shooting those dinosaur eggs. The plastic came back and hit me. I'll post it tonight. Be careful if children are around

RalphieJ
10-16-2020, 07:07 PM
A LEO friend of mine gave me a (confiscated) bag of the smooth red and green "Bird Eggs". i thought they were dragon eggs. Surprise! The green half stayed whole while the red half fragged. Both parts flew 20-30 feet. Scary.

displayfireworks1
10-16-2020, 07:35 PM
Here is the video. Do not shoot these around small children, what hit he in the butt would be hitting a child in the face. I probably still have some of these somewhere. I remember they did not have a traditional silver looking flash composition in them , not sure what it is. Also, these things are notorious for poor cheap fuses. I think I got these at the conduit. Video is from 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R317QmzSAY

saulgoodman
11-06-2020, 11:17 PM
I know this topic is bit of a taboo subject.
Oh realy? I thought americans are allowed to use such things.
You guys can carry weapons. :eek:

I dont want to mess up with your rules here but when its ok just ask me everything.
I think i know a lot about (legal here) european fireworks. Especially german, polish and italian market. :)

Arclight
11-07-2020, 02:07 AM
Oh realy? I thought americans are allowed to use such things.
You guys can carry weapons. :eek:

I dont want to mess up with your rules here but when its ok just ask me everything.
I think i know a lot about (legal here) european fireworks. Especially german, polish and italian market. :)

True, we can buy guns but we're considered too irresponsible to have real Kinder Eggs.

displayfireworks1
11-07-2020, 09:03 AM
Speaking of fireworks outside of United States. I'll copy and paste a comment I received from my Facebook in regard to those large rockets we see for sale in the United Kingdom.
Hi Dave hope your keeping well. In the middle of watching one of your videos, it?s the one where you done a store tour in Sandusky and you where talking about rockets and how you didn?t know why we are big on rockets over here in the uk, just to give you some information that you can share with people over in the states.

The reason we are big on rockets here in Britain is up until 1994 we where able to purchase shells, this included ball shells and shells up to 3 inch, they got banned from the public as a teacher was doing a display and he lit a 3 inch shell, because of the size of the fuse he returned to it after he lit the shell thinking he had plenty of time, he then stuck his head over the mortar and as he did this the shell fired in his face and unfortunately killed him, there after the government decided that the public would be banned from purchasing/possessing shells and then brought in a law so that those of us who work in the professional sector of fireworks where the only ones aloud to use shells.

We still had rockets at the time but since the banning of shells they are the closet thing to a shell the public are aloud, over the years they have gotten bigger to the point nowadays we have rockets on the market which are that big the break is the equivalent of that of a 2-3 inch shell, these rockets have a powder weight of up to 163g, rockets that big are in the 1.3G category over here and the public are aloud to purchase them as 1.3G are retail fireworks and we don?t need to have a license to purchase 1.3G in the UK.