PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Mississippi

displayfireworks1
10-06-2020, 09:21 PM
A member of the pyrotalk forums out of the State of Mississippi is being told by the ATF Inspector he needs to apply for a business license in order to proceed with his Type 54. This dude has his own magazine and everything. Does all of this sound familiar to people in other states? Sure, its that same old stuff. This is one of these cases where I may get permission from the applicant to intervene on his behalf.
There is no where in the regulations that requires this. The local ATF Inspector can't place his own personal requirements on his duty to issue an ATF Fireworks license. We are going to soon add Mississippi to that list of locations that include Texas , Ohio, New York, Tennessee etc. I'll keep everyone posted.
https://www.mississippi-map.org/where-is-mississippi.gif

Crush630
10-07-2020, 09:20 AM
Some state its super expensive to start a business. Especially states with strict with law's with fireworks (cough)

Wholesale Fireworks
10-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Go get em DAVE!!!

Greenville Pyro
10-08-2020, 10:00 AM
I've heard South Carolina is like that. That's terrifying me to even get started on this process

NewPyro93
10-08-2020, 11:02 AM
I've heard South Carolina is like that. That's terrifying me to even get started on this process

I'm pretty sure NJ is like that too but that did not stop me from applying. You won't advance in pyrotechnics if you don't apply for it. I mean you will but just not as far as you may want to

hatsgoods
10-11-2020, 08:39 PM
I'm pretty sure NJ is like that too but that did not stop me from applying. You won't advance in pyrotechnics if you don't apply for it. I mean you will but just not as far as you may want to

yep jersey is the same but you dont need a bissnies anything. but even on private land you half million dollar liability insurance plan. one reason i loved my suppliers doing contecey and I mostly brought ematch and quickmatch. and the most i ever got was 1 and half cases worth of 2.5 inch shell that i shot all at a old ipi open shoot. and for any left over ematch and qouickmatch id put back in storage like im supposed to even though i knew a lot of type 54 holders that would keep ematch and quickmatch out of their mags, with me living in jersey then i just didn't chance it. all 3 of my suppliers i shot shot pro with on pro show and we all belonged to same clubs so they would bring me my 1.3 stuff out of their mags i brought it from to the next club shoots we would be at same time.