PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Pyro

FinnAmerican
10-04-2020, 04:50 PM
There are 89 days until New Years Eve. Anyone have any Pyro plans for the new year...? What kind of show do you have planned..?

Icooclast
10-04-2020, 11:52 PM
it's too cold for that here, lol.

Klass Pyro
10-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Im hoping I can find someone whose willing to bbq & light rockets with me allday lol my wife would but we have a 2 yr old so. . .😂

There are 89 days until New Years Eve. Anyone have any Pyro plans for the new year...? What kind of show do you have planned..?

Mississippipyro
10-06-2020, 09:37 PM
Yes, it will be for our neighborhood HOA approved like my July 4th show

PyroKing31
10-07-2020, 06:26 AM
I always say im gonna send some, then I walk outside into the snow and turn back around and say " Nope, I am going to bed"

RalphieJ
10-07-2020, 05:21 PM
I'm planning to shoot something loud and colorful whenever Biden concedes.

morrison2951
10-07-2020, 09:50 PM
Love shooting on the 4th.... on the 31st in the cold dead of winter, not so much.

Robbro097
10-08-2020, 12:03 AM
Im wanting to do another show this yr to use up my individual left over 500g cakes, but i know new years isn't goin to work so im guessing its just going to b a random Saturday

215less
10-08-2020, 05:29 AM
I generally will shoot some small ground things and maybe afew leftover 200g cakes. I splurged and bought a cobra system so this eve will be more playing and getting familiar with the system than anything.

Birdman
10-08-2020, 08:49 AM
I'm usually out out of town for NYE but because of the pandemic the event was cancelled. I'll likely be attending a house party and will light something. How much will depend mostly on the weather.

caleb90
10-08-2020, 06:20 PM
I'm planning to shoot something loud and colorful whenever Biden concedes.

yeup! we will lighting off more than fireworks on my hill when it happens

hatsgoods
10-11-2020, 08:25 PM
if not too cold out and not too much snow im doing a a cake board of about 10 200 gram cakes, a crap ton of random firecrackers and some homemade fused strings of larger crackers and finish with about 8 single shot old TK type single shots. all gonna be one one board and the white quick fuse that burns quarter second per foot and with one i match - firewire that ill hit with a 9 volt. prob ill use one of the few 15FT. firewires I have left.
I gotta do it fast cuz it will be cold but apartment complex hates fireworks so ill be in a middle of public park behind my complex and ill leave the board out there till daylight and if no one throws it out by then I will. ill have 3 cameras going on one at ground zero, one on the ground next to board at ground zero but looking up, a go pro on me so shooters view and the audience sky view. so all my normal video set up. i only have 3 can shell total in my all stash but i might add them too but ill see.

hatsgoods
10-11-2020, 08:28 PM
if i can mange to pull permit ill do the cakes and everything on my 32 cue system and do a real show instead of a sky puke light and run like a classic califiona street pyros do. where im at its fully legal but im in city limits so i gotta pull permit but if im take 10 min walk down my main street by me to next town over then i dont need a permit. it depend with covid and how bitchy my township office persons will be. if they bitchy ill walk 10 mins away.

FinnAmerican
10-13-2020, 05:30 PM
Hey Kelli, just curious about the "larger crackers" that you mentioned in your previous post. Are they Euro crackers or possibly home-made (how many milligrams or grams)..?

FinnAmerican
10-13-2020, 05:34 PM

hatsgoods
10-14-2020, 09:51 AM
Hey Kelli, just curious about the "larger crackers" that you mentioned in your previous post. Are they Euro crackers or possibly home-made (how many milligrams or grams)..?

Some older 1.4G marked ones from around 2015 before government cracked down on heavy loaded 1.4g stuff so I have then in a freinds magazine since they are now consered 1.3g. but I honestly don't remember any of the names. I know there's 3 or 4 different types / brands and one of them are smaller ones the whitsle before explosion. Only 1 individual smaller one is a euro and that one's sitting in my friend's magazine who I have a contingency plan with.

lewis4x4
11-15-2020, 09:38 AM
Yes, I am in Florida so the weather is not an issue for me. I am working on my 10-12 minute design. Almost finished. My issue is always getting help the day of the shoot.

Rick_In_Tampa
11-15-2020, 08:19 PM
I've got a mess of leftover candles and cakes and fans and flame pots and mines from previous years. I'm thinking about throwing something together just to get rid of it all. I've got 10 cases of 500G cakes from this past 4th that I think I'm going to hang on to for next years 4th show. So that's my plan. No plan. Just random pyro.

FinnAmerican
11-15-2020, 10:08 PM
I just hope it's not windy like last year. I had just lit a Phantom brand crackling"Thunder Strings" pack and just as I threw it; the wind picked up and blew it onto the roof and went off.