PDA

View Full Version : Slow motion artillery shell.

displayfireworks1
01-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Here is a video of slow motion consumer artillery shell. I saw this a while ago and wanted to post it here for those that have not seen it. It is kind of cool to see exactly what goes on when one of these consumer shells goes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdJSr4i3aNM

crackerbomb
01-10-2012, 12:02 AM
thats a good video but what the heck are they doing with a exposed bail of straw close to ground zero.

Pyro Nation
01-10-2012, 01:11 AM
That was pretty cool to watch.... Thanks

Robertlopez
01-10-2012, 03:03 AM
you would think the fire department would have thought about that before they set off the fireworks.

i am convinced that some one got in trouble for that. Especially in front of the fire chef.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-10-2012, 11:25 AM
I guess the moral of the story is a concrete bunker is useless if the door is not shut tight! Great video!

pyromaniac
01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
IMO..That bale of hay was just a lame attempt to make fireworks appear more dangerous. Other than that it was a great video.

NW Fireworks Lover
01-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Cool video, always like to see fireworks on tv...unfortunate that their bad preparation gave the media another chance to say "leave fireworks to the professionals...blah blah"

RisingComet
01-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Those stars shot surprisingly far for a small class c shell... Makes me question whether or not much of that was bs... :/

indianahx
01-23-2012, 11:21 PM
the bail of hay was there to prove a point about how flammable dry things can be when used in the vicinity of fireworks. they did the "test" at a fire training facility. at the end they even say they used the demo to bring in a crew and do a test run of sorts

indianahx
01-23-2012, 11:29 PM
damn edit function....i thought when i originally watched this that they had said they placed the hay there. nonetheless it's a fire training facility and the hay is there for their training. i dont think any of the time warp stuff is bs. all they do is slow it down to an extremely slow pace. a lot of their other stuff is pretty incredible as well.

Palermitano2
01-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Of all the flippin places for a hay bail to catch fire.....now we will never see fireworks in MA...lolololol Great video!

indianahx
01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Wait, you mean everyone doesn't store bales of hay on a second story balcony?????

Palermitano2
01-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Wait, you mean everyone doesn't store bales of hay on a second story balcony?????

Can you beleive it? I bet the fire Marshal planted it!!!!!!!this is a conspiracy...

Pyro Nation
01-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Can you beleive it? I bet the fire Marshal planted it!!!!!!!this is a conspiracy...

Yeah.. So he can say...SEE I told ya fireworks are dangerous....

indianahx
01-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Highly unlikely....all they would have to say is you're right, shooting fireworks on a homemade tripod without a tube IS dangerous especially since were shooting them in a manner inconsistent with its labelling. Keep in mind this was just a controlled experiment. Otherwise they would try to ban turkey deep fryers since the same chief boiled over hot fry oil.

Palermitano2
01-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Highly unlikely....all they would have to say is you're right, shooting fireworks on a homemade tripod without a tube IS dangerous especially since were shooting them in a manner inconsistent with its labelling. Keep in mind this was just a controlled experiment. Otherwise they would try to ban turkey deep fryers since the same chief boiled over hot fry oil.They are strange in MA. depends the city you are in. Some fire cheifs are Jackass's who were bullied in school. So they are on a power trip.lol The Cheif in this video is mad cool I dealt with him this past summer on a consumer show I helped with in his area. Especialy where fireworks are outlawed he could have came to us and confiscated everything. instead he checked everything out made sure there was no 1.3. then told us to be safe.

They Banned out door firepits in my city which is fine by me the houses are very close together. my knuckle headed neighbor decided to light one anyway.the fire department came and extinguished it.