PDA

View Full Version : PA systems

Greenville Pyro
09-29-2020, 08:31 AM
Looking for advice on PA systems if anyone has any. Someone said there was a bunch in the history, but I couldn't find it if its there. Looking for around 500 dollars or so. I've never used one and really don't know what I'm looking for. All I know is that my little boom box got drowned out by the booms last year

esgrillo
09-29-2020, 09:25 AM
This thread....

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?6202-Speaker-Recommendations-for-Audiobox&highlight=speakers

Greenville Pyro
09-29-2020, 09:40 AM
thank you Ed

PyroJoeNEPA
09-29-2020, 10:50 AM
After you peruse the thread----if you have any questions, let me know.
A couple things I would need to know --how big of an area do you want to cover? Approx. how many people? Is AC power readily available?

Greenville Pyro
09-29-2020, 01:06 PM
I haven't fully read the thread, but roughly 50-100 yards of audience space. Last year the gallery was 200 feet from the show and everybody said they couldn't hear the music (boombox was 20 yards away and loud without fireworks. Its probably 30-50 in the audience. AC available if I run extensions.

Birdman
09-29-2020, 08:26 PM
Another option is a FM transmitter. Just throwing it out there....

Bitzan
09-29-2020, 09:45 PM
One more idea depending on where you are located. Guitar Center (and I assume other larger chain music stores) rent powered "PA systems". Rent a few powered speakers and cables and you are good. Speakers can be easily "daisy chained" from one to another. They really aren't expensive to rent nor are they difficult to setup up. I did it once to support a band on a parade float and then my kids decided they wanted to play in bands so now I am lucky enough to own all the pieces - and the loan.
1) best advice - borrow from a band
2) rent from a music store
3) do the show around Cleveland, Ohio and invite me if I bring my PA :)

Bitzan
09-29-2020, 10:02 PM
OK this will tell you how boring I found the presidential debate... I just checked Guitar Center and they have a location in Greenville, SC that states they have the PA rentals. IMHO you need PA package "B" and MAYBE an extra speaker.