PDA

View Full Version : Thunder in the Poconos

NewPyro93
09-26-2020, 11:02 AM
Hey all, whoever is going to thunder in the Poconos and wants to introduce themselves to me i will be probably one of the only people at the event with a BRIGHT PINK hardhat LOL. I also have NewPyro93 written in permanent marker on the hardhat so don't hesitate to say hello! Lol

Salutecake
09-27-2020, 04:37 PM
How was it, really tried to make it but was not in the cards. Nice group of people that took over, I have bought from them and did a show with them. It's been a tough year for all especially for new owners, hopefully they update and move ahead.

NewPyro93
09-27-2020, 05:11 PM
How was it, really tried to make it but was not in the cards. Nice group of people that took over, I have bought from them and did a show with them. It's been a tough year for all especially for new owners, hopefully they update and move ahead.

Considering it was the first time in history that they allowed the public to purchase and hand fire/ e fire 1.3 shells and cakes under their license it wasn't a bad turnout. Things could've gone alot smoother but im sure for next year they will be more prepared. The weather was also a killer. It kept raining on and off pushing the time later and later was a bummer

Mattp
09-28-2020, 06:06 AM
hey man,, i wish i read this post before i went.. would've been real cool to meet you!!!.. but im sure you saw my show... it was the only one that had alot of fireworks... and ended with 3 12" fireballs... and i was pretty much on the field wiring it all up the whole time... and yeah,, the weather definitely was a bummer... and im sure they took notes, and will know what to improve for the future!!!.. but all in all... still had a great time!!!

NewPyro93
09-28-2020, 07:16 AM
hey man,, i wish i read this post before i went.. would've been real cool to meet you!!!.. but im sure you saw my show... it was the only one that had alot of fireworks... and ended with 3 12" fireballs... and i was pretty much on the field wiring it all up the whole time... and yeah,, the weather definitely was a bummer... and im sure they took notes, and will know what to improve for the future!!!.. but all in all... still had a great time!!!

Was your show the one with all the angled cakes? Then when the fireballs went off the announcer said "wow we're 300 feet away and still felt that heat!"? The biggest issue they had was all the shells that were 5" and less only had e-ports so the hand firing instructors had to add visco to every single one of the shells. I wasn't able to fire my 6" and 8" shells because we ran out of time but they gave me a refund so it was all good. All in all it was a great time! Even with all the rain we had

Mattp
09-28-2020, 10:38 AM
I was wondering what was going on over by the hand lighting .. I thought it would’ve been more consistent shooting going on... luckily I was able to get my 8’s off.. and all of my product... but had planned a few more tres diablos that ran out of time.. and had to be refunded as well.. and yeah,, I had a good array of angled and straight cakes along with a bunch of 2,3,4” shell chains topped off with the 3 12” fireballs and 6 ground salutes..... from the field I couldn’t hear anything the announcer said.. but I’m sure they felt the heat.. LOL.. I didn’t get it all because I was doing the shooting.. but will get a video of the fireballs up on here soon... oh and how about those ultra 5” salutes.. those really pack a punch

specialfxpyro
09-28-2020, 11:16 AM
@Mattp we had to add leaders to a couple hundred shells before they could be hand fired. Tony and I were the busiest guys on the field.

We had planned a small hand lit show before the finale but never got to lite any of our shells.

I think if the event organizers would have allowed for 1.4 open shooting we would have seen non stop fireworks instead of long periods of black sky.

FYI: There is a club event this Saturday 10/3 at Lappawinzo fish and game club in Northampton, Pa. We have limited window to shoot pyro 7 - 8 pm, but it will be non stop open shooting from 7 - 7:45 and then a 15 minute 1.3 show with shells up to 8" from 7:45 - 8 pm. The event kicks off in the afternoon with some food and socializing. I expect a vendor or 2 will also be there.

NewPyro93
09-28-2020, 06:17 PM
All in all it was a good time. I got to meet a bunch of awesome people including the owner of management! Dave the founder and owner of mapag was one of the nicest and most down to earth person I ever met who was a owner of a club. Y'all should check out his club too. It's only a 75$ annual fee

Mattp
09-28-2020, 07:31 PM
@Mattp we had to add leaders to a couple hundred shells before they could be hand fired. Tony and I were the busiest guys on the field.

We had planned a small hand lit show before the finale but never got to lite any of our shells.

I think if the event organizers would have allowed for 1.4 open shooting we would have seen non stop fireworks instead of long periods of black sky.

FYI: There is a club event this Saturday 10/3 at Lappawinzo fish and game club in Northampton, Pa. We have limited window to shoot pyro 7 - 8 pm, but it will be non stop open shooting from 7 - 7:45 and then a 15 minute 1.3 show with shells up to 8" from 7:45 - 8 pm. The event kicks off in the afternoon with some food and socializing. I expect a vendor or 2 will also be there.

Yeah,, that?s definitely a lot of work..
Funny,, I definitely didn?t plan on having so much wiring to do.. and was hoping to be able to hang out more... but once I get to ordering stuff I always tend to go overboard... and all hopes of budget goes out the window too... I wish I could make another one,, but my wife would kill me if I left her two weekends in a row with the kids so I could go shoot fireworks.. HAHAHA!!! But have a great time and be safe!!

Salutecake
09-30-2020, 07:47 AM
Hey Newpyro93 it looks like this company is having a demo night on Oct 17th not sure if it's an open shoot or just a demo.

NewPyro93
09-30-2020, 10:13 AM
Hey Newpyro93 it looks like this company is having a demo night on Oct 17th not sure if it's an open shoot or just a demo.

There's so many events going on lol. Atleast 2 every Saturday. Its overwhelming haha

Mattp
09-30-2020, 02:53 PM
Pretty sure it?s just a demo that night.. but they?re also having a pgi class that day

215less
09-30-2020, 07:23 PM
Pretty sure it?s just a demo that night.. but they?re also having a pgi class that day

Which company/club?

specialfxpyro
09-30-2020, 10:32 PM
Which company/club?
https://www.celfire.com/pgi-training-demo-day

215less
10-01-2020, 06:31 AM
https://www.celfire.com/pgi-training-demo-day

Sweet... Will register soon.. Thanks.