PDA

View Full Version : Eco friendly 1.4

Salutecake
09-13-2020, 04:46 PM
So I'm hearing, one of the 1.4 makers, (Sorry don't know if they advertise hear or even if it's consumer firework) is coming out with an eco friendly firework in the spring, 2021, made with eco friendly materials, low noise and low smoke.

Hardly a firework with low noise, lol. but time will tell.

Icooclast
09-13-2020, 08:29 PM
on this subject; i've always wondered if spent fireworks could be recycled: after all they're nothing but a little residue and a lot of cardboard once spent. we have a paper mill here in town that has dumpsters for people to bring paper products for recycling. is this a good idea for getting rid of SPENT fireworks or does the residue left over from the powder make it unsafe/impossible?

PyroJoeNEPA
09-14-2020, 10:34 AM
on this subject; i've always wondered if spent fireworks could be recycled: after all they're nothing but a little residue and a lot of cardboard once spent. we have a paper mill here in town that has dumpsters for people to bring paper products for recycling. is this a good idea for getting rid of SPENT fireworks or does the residue left over from the powder make it unsafe/impossible?

The tubes in the cakes have clay plugs in them. You would be adding an excessive amount of "garbage" into the recycling bin.

Icooclast
09-18-2020, 04:07 AM
darn. i knew about the clay plugs, just had no idea how much of it was involved. i am trying to keep my carbon foot-print down (or at least even, when it comes to fireworks) when i do get fireworks but, at least. now i know not to leave them in that bin, like my original plan. lol. thanks :)

PyroKing31
09-18-2020, 11:57 AM
I burn all my spent cakes in my fire pit. It gets extra exciting if a tube doesn't go off haha.

Salutecake
09-20-2020, 07:02 PM
That's almost the best part, burning in the fire pit, lol!

Icooclast
09-20-2020, 10:00 PM
That's almost the best part, burning in the fire pit, lol!

we did that the last time i had an order. it was great: bon-fire and fireworks together. like peanut butter and chocolate. lol

jamisonlm3
09-21-2020, 02:59 PM
The bon-fire is the after fireworks fireworks?

Salutecake
09-21-2020, 09:08 PM
Exactly! I know i have a couple of people who come just for the fire, they like to see people jump.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-21-2020, 09:59 PM
I always load up the pickup with the carcasses and take them to the recycling place near me. They are happy to accept them so I *assume* they are recyclable. Or, it could just be a Florida thing and they don't care. :confused: