PDA

View Full Version : Store Owner Offers Damaged (during shipment) 1.4 Fireworks For Discount

Chad101
09-11-2020, 03:43 PM
I was shopping at a consumer fireworks store and the owner asked me to "make an offer" for a full pallet of very expensive 1.4 cakes and some 3" 9 shooters which were allegedly damaged during transit.

Some of them were destroyed beyond repair however, quite a few looked salvageable.

I politely declined, I would imagine if someone got hurt, the ATF (along with a few personal injury attorneys) would have my a**.

What I don't understand is why wouldn't this person return the product? Was this the right move? I don't think I'm allowed to "fix" fireworks by law.

flashfuse
09-11-2020, 07:21 PM
If I was the store owner , I would be very selective on who I sold that damaged Product to, Being involved with Multiple Pyro clubs I would have made him an offer and got a great discount on a bunch of stuff, a hot glue gun would fix almost all loose tubes, and if not make them single shots. I don't think returning damaged Product is an option as most of the damage is at fault of the shipper.

PyroKing31
09-12-2020, 09:09 AM
I would have jumped on that deal if it were me and I had the cargo space. Hard to pass up a good deal.

Arclight
09-12-2020, 12:18 PM
You could make a really kick-ass single piece or your own "shell of shells" out of all that.

displayfireworks1
09-12-2020, 06:16 PM
I was shopping at a consumer fireworks store and the owner asked me to "make an offer" for a full pallet of very expensive 1.4 cakes and some 3" 9 shooters which were allegedly damaged during transit.

Some of them were destroyed beyond repair however, quite a few looked salvageable.

I politely declined, I would imagine if someone got hurt, the ATF (along with a few personal injury attorneys) would have my a**.

What I don't understand is why wouldn't this person return the product? Was this the right move? I don't think I'm allowed to "fix" fireworks by law.

Last I heard no one in United States is mailing damaged or even defective fireworks products back to China. I know years back some display companies were donating old and/or damaged fireworks to fireworks clubs. At one point it became too much and they had to start refusing. As far as the ATF and damaged Consumer Fireworks. My guess is it is they could car less about it. Don't buy damaged fireworks unless you are comfortable working with them

Chad101
10-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Thank you everyone. I’ll keep this in mind if the opportunity ever arises again.

Arclight
10-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Damaged or defective goods are rarely returned to China. It's both the shipping costs and the fact that China has a duty on imports but not exports.