PDA

View Full Version : It happened again

Pyro Nation
01-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Well, I was at UHAUL today getting a hitch installed... and guess what??? I wasn't able to walk away from the store without buying some of the Magic TAPE...lol DAMN

NW Fireworks Lover
01-09-2012, 01:17 AM
I know, only $3.85...got 2 last week

flynlr
01-09-2012, 02:49 AM
filled up my 2 propane tanks at the U haul place the other day . came home with 2 full tanks and 8 more rolls of tape .

Palermitano2
01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Is it me or do you guys use it everywhere? I dont use any other tape. my wife was pissed because i used it on her christmas gifts. she said why didnt you use scotch tape i said because its Magic!!!!!!!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
01-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Is it me or do you guys use it everywhere? I dont use any other tape. my wife was pissed because i used it on her christmas gifts. she said why didnt you use scotch tape i said because its Magic!!!!!!!!!
ROFL!!!! My ebay shipments have all been packaged using "DMT"---gotta say it works extremely well!

pyromaniac
01-09-2012, 01:54 PM
WHAT! At first I thought he said he used it ON his wife! I know its some good tape, but to stop a nagging wife its gotta be magic! 1 roll of DMT 3.85, some peace and quite priceless.... F.Y.I: I don't recommend taping up your wife or girlfriend,unless she's into that type of stuff...:o

Pyro Nation
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
yeah... but if they are nagging u...it could be to tape the mouth shut..lol

Palermitano2
01-09-2012, 07:48 PM
WHAT! At first I thought he said he used it ON his wife! I know its some good tape, but to stop a nagging wife its gotta be magic! 1 roll of DMT 3.85, some peace and quite priceless.... F.Y.I: I don't recommend taping up your wife or girlfriend,unless she's into that type of stuff...:o

I wouldnt waste the tape on that.........thats what spent nichrome wires are for lmao.....

crackerbomb
01-09-2012, 10:05 PM
If this tape works on the wife its no longer magic tape. It should be called the miracle tape...

displayfireworks1
01-09-2012, 10:35 PM
The U Haul tape. Affectionately know as “Dave’s Magic Tape”. It still is a frequent question from my youtube channel. I may have to do another video about it.
If you new to the discussion forums we are talking about the brown tape, you see me use in all my fireworks projects. I just think it is the best and so do Zambelli Fireworks, Pyrotecnico and most likely many other companies. These companies order it from a paper supply company. For years, this was always a nice little bonus of working a professional display for these companies you might get lucky and have some left over tape. Then one day, one the guys on my crew that worked for U Haul told me he thought it was the same tape that U Haul sold at its stores. Sure enough it is.
Now that everyone is talking about it, I am going to order more of it myself. The way I order it is from the website. If you get over $25.00 worth it ships for free. We will make an exception to the advertising rule on this one.

Order here 55 yard roll
http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Tape/Box-Packaging-Paper-Tape?mid=143

81 Five start reviews on the U haul website when evaluating the tape.

Example from the website

Customer reviews Box / Packaging Paper Tape (55 yard roll)

Karen 12/30/2011

Rating:

This is the best tape! I have used it for many years for shipping my boxes, packing, or storing boxes. I like that I can write on it, unlike the plastic tapes, and it is so strong and durable.

S M. 12/20/2011

Rating:

This is the #1 moving tape for us for cardboard boxes.

Mark L. 11/25/2011

Rating:

BEST tape in WORLD

Logan 11/13/2011

Rating:

best frickin tape for boxes on earth.

10/25/2011

Rating:

Best packing tape i've used. Strong, but easy to tear by hand.

10/5/2011

Rating:

Easy to tear by hand, which is surprisingly convenient.

D. H. 10/2/2011

Rating:

Doesn't keep sticking to itself like many others.

Ronald 9/25/2011

Rating:

This product works better than any other I have used.

Stephane 9/22/2011

Rating:

Great tape.

Sheryl M. 9/21/2011

Rating:

will order more

Valerie 8/29/2011

Rating:

Love the tape.

8/28/2011

Rating:

Have been using this tape packing items for a number of years and it always makes packing easy. Great item-reasonably priced.

8/28/2011

Rating:

Have been using this tape packing items for a number of years and it always makes packing easy. Great item-reasonably priced.

Myron 8/14/2011

Rating:

Best tape I have had. Do not downgrade it!

Kucerak 7/18/2011

Rating:

I could have used more tape - it would have been helpful if the order form more specifically indicated it was only one roll of tape as I assumed it was for a package of 6 like I have purchased in the past. Great tape, by the way.

Joy H. 7/17/2011

Rating:

Great stuff! easy to tear away, but strong.

Ann S. 6/23/2011

Rating:

Kit should include a tape dispenser

Rose 6/17/2011

Rating:

Best moving tape ever! I love that you don't need to cut it, you just rip!

Ashley R. 6/11/2011

Rating:

love the ease of use

Maxine I. 6/10/2011

Rating:

Am really spoiled after using this tape. It is great.

5/26/2011

Rating:

I love that I can tear it, and that it doesn't stick to itself. So easy to use.

5/23/2011

Rating:

I love the paper tape! It's the best tape I've used for packing!!

Ruonan W. 5/19/2011

Rating:

great

A. K. 5/17/2011

Rating:

Great tape! Easy to use, not messy like some tapes can be, and holds very well.

5/12/2011

Rating:

Dont ever stop selling this

John t. 5/2/2011

Rating:

excellent.........a lot better than expected the best i've seen

Bill H. 4/28/2011

Rating:

Great tape!

4/20/2011

Rating:

This tape is so easy to use and it holds!

4/7/2011
S M. 12/20/2011

Rating:

This is the #1 moving tape for us for cardboard boxes.

Mark L. 11/25/2011

Rating:

BEST tape in WORLD

Logan 11/13/2011

Rating:

best frickin tape for boxes on earth.

Palermitano2
01-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Group Buy anyone?????? LMAO Dave thanks for the info ...Please make another video on it maybe comparing its qualities to other tapes? DMT all the way!!!!!!

Pyro Nation
01-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Qualities i find are far better than most... Rips easier which is a huge plus when in field and using it... Extremely tacky even in cold weather... Fire passes through it, just cant find anything better at this point.... Why I have a box full of it...lol

Robertlopez
01-10-2012, 03:08 AM
someone should write a review and say it is good for fireworks but not for wife's or girlfriends

PyroJoeNEPA
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
someone should write a review and say it is good for fireworks but not for wife's or girlfriends
Maybe we should keep it to ourselves---we don't want them raising the price!!!!Dave, too bad you can't get a commission [or a free case of tape] for all the business you have sent to them!!

Pyro Nation
01-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Maybe we should keep it to ourselves---we don't want them raising the price!!!!Dave, too bad you can't get a commission [or a free case of tape] for all the business you have sent to them!!

They have made a mint on TAPE.. I wonder if there is someone at UHAUL corporate running end of year numbers going... WOW ..lot of people either packing things to ship or moving..lol

crackerbomb
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm just thankful that my place of empoyment usually has a few cases sitting around.

atko08
01-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi Guys!

Because i live in Europe, i can't find (and get) the famous "Magic Tape" locally.
I found only one "thing" that look alike Dave's Magic Tape:
http://www.tesa.com/consumer/tapes/Packaging_tapes/tesapack_paper_ecologo,c.html
Looks very similar....
Somebody from Europe have tried this tape?
(Sorry my english is poor!)

displayfireworks1
01-24-2012, 03:36 PM
If you purchase a Hoodie and a T-Shirt from my website, when I ship it to Hungary I will add one roll of the tape.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

J's12talk
01-24-2012, 09:52 PM
If you purchase a Hoodie and a T-Shirt from my website, when I ship it to Hungary I will add one roll of the tape.

Did you say if were hungry you'll add a roll of tape because I'm starving Dave.

VTcakeBOSS
01-31-2012, 04:57 AM

This is the reason I'm on this forum... Because Dave has gone out of his way from the start to improve the hobby, and to project a safe and positive light on it... His willingness and ability to uphold the commitment throughout the years is helping everyone from hobbyist to business owner to grow. THANKS DAVE! I appreciate the service you provide, (sorry I know it's just tape) but its this same willingness to help others that you've provided from the start!

Jdrobinson13
02-12-2012, 12:49 AM
I really need to pick me up some of this "Magic" tape!

Palermitano2
02-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Be carefull .....you will never be able to drive by a uhaul without stopping again.....

tennpyro1
02-12-2012, 12:57 AM
silence is golden but daves magic tape is brown

Pyro Nation
02-13-2012, 12:48 AM
Be carefull .....you will never be able to drive by a uhaul without stopping again.....

That is the truth... i have to completely tell myself all the time.. You do not need more... You have 26 rolls already..lol...

Jdrobinson13
02-13-2012, 01:11 PM

Haha! I believe you completely. I already have to stop every time I drive past a firework stand, no matter the time of year or where I'm going.