PDA

View Full Version : My New Years show-video + new rack!

cracker
01-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Hey guys, here is a video I cut together of my first show done just this past New Years, featuring my new hand-built rack.

The stationary camera was a Go-Pro and the hand held is a Canon HV20. The unwilling volunteer who shot with the hand held did not know what they were doing. So as a result the video could have come out 100x better but I did the best I could in editing this. The video is best viewed in the dark, with hd full screen mode and volume turned up.

I hope you like it!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VocMWFR9ORA

Minishow
01-08-2012, 12:19 AM
good show, what kind of shells did you use?

indianahx
01-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Congrats on the show and the racks man! Looks like it all came out great!

pistolus
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
nice rack there, and the cake was a nice finale... happy new years and good work!

Pyro Nation
01-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Awesome work... Keep the videos rolling in...

Palermitano2
01-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Great Job...Now be careful because you will get the rack building bug......and you cannot shake it......

PyroJoeNEPA
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Nice job cracker! Now that it is all behind you did you find it a lot easier to make your own rack than you thought? Next step is more racks, then an electric firing system---then more racks & a bigger firing system! LOL

cracker
01-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Thanks guys! Yeh building my own rack is the way to go, I'm glad you guys talked me out of buying one. Plus the quality came out better than anything for sale. There was about 50 people there and they loved the show! We used a combination of black cat and world class shells with some wizard and Goliath kits... I think those are World Class too. We started with shells that had whistling tails, then tails, then moved on to double break then triple break and then finished with quad break shells.

It was great fun I just wish the hand held video came out A LOT better. Also the mic on the hand held camera was turned off, so I had to use the audio from the Go-Pro and its not that great. This video almost did not get made but I figured the guys on PT deserve to see it as they provided mush needed guidance ;)

cracker
01-15-2012, 12:09 AM
I should add that I have figured out what the advantage of using 15 in tubes are - 1.5 inch plugs vs the 1 inch plugs in 12 inch tubes. Also, I'm gonna keep mine at 15 inches I just like them more than 12s.

floridapyro
01-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Looked like fun. As far as the plug goes I've never bought a 12" mortar with 1 inch plug. Standard is 1.5. Now you get to start planning the 4th. I had some camera issues as well. Pisses me off putting months of planning and a bunch of money in a show to have 90% out of focus vid.

Pyro Nation
01-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Looked like fun. As far as the plug goes I've never bought a 12" mortar with 1 inch plug. Standard is 1.5. Now you get to start planning the 4th. I had some camera issues as well. Pisses me off putting months of planning and a bunch of money in a show to have 90% out of focus vid.

I lost 2 shows because of that... I never took the auto focus off...

crackerbomb
01-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Great video Cracker, I like how you did a groung zero shot with the camera.