PDA

View Full Version : Greater Cleveland Ohio Contingency Storage

Bitzan
08-28-2020, 09:40 AM
Friends,

American Wholesale Fireworks with whom I have dealt with to date (awesome people) is not able to offer contingency storage at this time. I would like to get my 54 application sent in today (everything complete). Is there another company that anyone is using in the Greater Cleveland, Ohio for contingency storage?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
John
PS - For those not familiar with Ohio the Cincinnati area is about 4 hours away from Cleveland therefore I tried to be specific about which part of Ohio. Sadly I am close to two hours away from the PA border as well (live on west side of Cleveland).

Salutecake
08-28-2020, 04:01 PM
Hi Bitzan, Listen wait for more help from here, but before you give up, I would try the closest place in PA. Dave might be able to clear this up but sometimes what you read on here is not always the correct answer. I hear no more than a hour away for contingency storage also no more than 1 contingency storage, I really think that might be up to the discretion of the ATF person doing your interview. My person did not seem to care how many contingency storage agreements I had, I started with 1 now have 3 and 2 of those are about 2 -3 hours away. All I'm saying is not to give up too quickly look for better answers here then perhaps look into PA???

Bitzan
08-28-2020, 07:10 PM
Kellners is 1hr 59 min away according to Google. They did provide me a letter. My question is now whether ATF will accept. Or... perhaps someone knows of a solution closer. Standing by for a few days.

tmwjr
08-28-2020, 08:28 PM
I use Kellner's and am a big fan. Their discount structure is a pain if you don't buy a lot, I tend to do ok with it. The local atf office here uses a 100 mile radius. The inspector told me that's in a straight line and not road mileage.

Bitzan
08-28-2020, 08:44 PM
107.4 - Ever had one of those days��

tmwjr
08-28-2020, 08:55 PM
That's a sad day...I definitely have. My understanding is that the local offices make those determinations regarding what are the limits. Hopefully they let it work for you!

It might be helpful if your actual shoot site is within the 100 mile radius. Just a thought. There are certainly more experienced people than me around here.

displayfireworks1
08-28-2020, 09:33 PM
Friends,

American Wholesale Fireworks with whom I have dealt with to date (awesome people) is not able to offer contingency storage at this time. I would like to get my 54 application sent in today (everything complete). Is there another company that anyone is using in the Greater Cleveland, Ohio for contingency storage?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
John
PS - For those not familiar with Ohio the Cincinnati area is about 4 hours away from Cleveland therefore I tried to be specific about which part of Ohio. Sadly I am close to two hours away from the PA border as well (live on west side of Cleveland).

I talk about some of this in my ATF DVD package. The question is , where do you plan on purchasing 1.3 fireworks when you become licensed? Last I heard American Fireworks does not sell 1.3 fireworks. Think about that for a minute. What is in for them to give you contingency storage? This contingency arrangement has to be beneficial to both parties to some degree.

Bitzan
08-28-2020, 09:50 PM
I talk about some of this in my ATF DVD package. The question is , where do you plan on purchasing 1.3 fireworks when you become licensed? Last I heard American Fireworks does not sell 1.3 fireworks. Think about that for a minute. What is in for them to give you contingency storage? This contingency arrangement has to be beneficial to both parties to some degree.
As a newbie it is always dangerous to disagree with the founder but American Wholesale in Hudson, OH most certainly does advertise 1.3 products for sale. I understand that all relationships are most successful when mutually beneficial.

The real question I could use your help with is who within a reasonable radius of the west side of Cleveland, Ohio DOES offer contingency storage? How have you guided your Cleveland clients?

Thanks Dave.

Bitzan
08-28-2020, 09:57 PM
https://americanwholesalefireworks.com/1-3-g-display-fireworks/
Here is the link. Sorry in advance if I have got this confused somehow.

displayfireworks1
08-28-2020, 10:40 PM
If American Fireworks in Hudson Ohio is selling 1.3 fireworks that is news to me. Next time I talk with them I'll have to get more information.

Mattp
08-29-2020, 10:08 PM
Wow.. That’s definitely new ... this topic has been discussed quite a bit on here.. I’m sure you can find the exact same question and get your answer there too.. there is no specific rule or law as to how far away your storage needs to be.

gnavarr
08-30-2020, 12:15 PM
You and Dave are talking about two different companies, hence the confusion on 1.3 sales.

Bitzan
08-30-2020, 02:06 PM
You and Dave are talking about two different companies, hence the confusion on 1.3 sales.

Oh boy. I hate being the new guy because you simply don't know what you don't know!

gnavarr
08-30-2020, 02:12 PM
Oh boy. I hate being the new guy because you simply don't know what you don't know!

No big deal it happens. I've never purchased from either of those companies, so I didn't realize why there was so much confusion until I just googled both companies.

BMoore
08-31-2020, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure American Fireworks and American Wholesale Fireworks are one in the same or at least affiliated. One is their retail arm and the other is their wholesale and 1.3 arm. They are a sponsor on this site and if you click their banner it takes you to the website selling 1.3. They clearly market to the hobbyist market so its a little surprising that they don't offer contingency storage.

gnavarr
08-31-2020, 10:29 AM
I'm pretty sure American Fireworks and American Wholesale Fireworks are one in the same or at least affiliated. One is their retail arm and the other is their wholesale and 1.3 arm. They are a sponsor on this site and if you click their banner it takes you to the website selling 1.3. They clearly market to the hobbyist market so its a little surprising that they don't offer contingency storage.

Maybe they're at capacity because of canceled shows, having some major renovations going on, or inventory documentation issues. I can't imagine any other reasons than those.

snickels
09-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Hey Guys! Sabrina here with American Fireworks & American Wholesale Fireworks. We are the same company. It was correct in saying that we have a retail division and a wholesale division. We just this year started wholesaling 1.3G products. Contingency storage through us is on a case-by-case basis. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions at 330-650-1776 or sabrina@americanfireworks.com

Bitzan
09-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Hey Guys! Sabrina here with American Fireworks & American Wholesale Fireworks. We are the same company. It was correct in saying that we have a retail division and a wholesale division. We just this year started wholesaling 1.3G products. Contingency storage through us is on a case-by-case basis. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions at 330-650-1776 or sabrina@americanfireworks.com

Sabrina - Hey thank for setting things straight!