PDA

View Full Version : x15 flamethrower

Robbro097
08-18-2020, 09:27 PM
My new x15 flamethrower in action i was running 90%diesel 10%gas prob could have used more gas as it didnt always want to burn. I cant wait to add the napalm mix in the near future. This thing is fun but intense the heat that comes off of it is unreal burned most the hair off my arm and i didnt even really lay on it YET. Dave feel free to delete this post if considered inappropriate, sorry its not fireworks but is pyro. Posted in consumer fireworks because i have no idea where it fits and no license needed to purchase.

https://youtu.be/d3vlQTUIhbM

rfgonzo
08-18-2020, 10:38 PM
Just be careful. I have a buddy that caught his property on fire and ended up burning 8 acres of his land. Your grass is much greener then his was but still could do some damage. Not to mention the expense for having 4 firetrucks come put it out.....

Robbro097
08-18-2020, 10:52 PM
You couldnt see ut in the video but i had 2 full 330gal totes hooked up to a primed 2" pump with a fire hose nozzle on the end with 2 ppl ready 1to spray 1 to start pump in a few seconds plenty quick enough to put anything out well b4 itd have a chance to spread. That township doesnt even have a volunteer fire dept so even tho it may look wreckless i take it very serious

Mattp
08-19-2020, 09:41 AM
Damn that’s cool!!! I mean not very practical.. but a hell of a lot of fun!!! LoL.... you should make a giant marshmallow man... and give it a good toasting... and a hell of a way to start a bonfire!!

Arclight
08-19-2020, 06:36 PM
Nice! You might consider buying an old set of turnout gear or at least some Nomex coveralls.

Robbro097
08-19-2020, 09:27 PM
Damn that’s cool!!! I mean not very practical.. but a hell of a lot of fun!!! LoL.... you should make a giant marshmallow man... and give it a good toasting... and a hell of a way to start a bonfire!!

No i def wasnt going for practical with this lol the giant marshmallow man does make me wanna see how long a snow man would last im guessing right around 2.7 sec judging by the heat i felt. Theres a 500ft driveway back to the barn i may try and melt snow on it with it just to see i. Guessing itll b very effective.

Robbro097
08-19-2020, 09:34 PM
Nice! You might consider buying an old set of turnout gear or at least some Nomex coveralls.

I did start looking in2 that kind of stuff after the heat burned the hair on my left forearm and all tho it didn't do the same to my face the heat was unreal but very exciting lol and i sware when giving a long burst the air feels thin like its sucking up all the oxygen it could have just been the heat playing tricks on me. Im definitely gonna have alotta fun with it

Arclight
08-19-2020, 10:49 PM
I did start looking in2 that kind of stuff after the heat burned the hair on my left forearm and all tho it didn't do the same to my face the heat was unreal but very exciting lol and i sware when giving a long burst the air feels thin like its sucking up all the oxygen it could have just been the heat playing tricks on me. Im definitely gonna have alotta fun with it

There's plenty of used firefighter gear on eBay. We get stuff like that all the time for our SAR team (we also do mine rescue). Heck, if you invited your local volunteer FD over, they'd probably give you an old set if you let them play with it.

Arclight
08-19-2020, 11:46 PM

There's plenty of used firefighter gear on eBay. We get stuff like that all the time for our SAR team (we also do mine rescue). Heck, if you invited your local volunteer FD over, they'd probably give you an old set if you let them play with it.