PDA

View Full Version : Question About Small Magazine and Contingency Magazine

FYRWRKS
08-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Good Afternoon from the Sun(Tennessee)
I purchased the ATF 54 package, and it is incredible, but I have run into a snag and a couple of questions. I have not been successful in finding a place near Nashville (150 miles) that I can purchase 1.3 from or with a contingency magazine.

1. Does anyone know or deal with anyone that sells 1.3, and is in that 150 circle with a contingency magazine?
2. I want to create a magazine of my own(under 50lbs). What is the distance that it must be from occupied homes or businesses? I know the requirements for a full magazine, but I am unsure if they are the same.
3. Finally, I saw a video where a person built a personal magazine, but instead of being located in an unoccupied building, he made a structure around the magazine that was just big enough for the magazine. Has anyone else tried this? Were you successful?

Thanks, everyone!

Arclight
08-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Your magazine doesn't have to be inside a building at all if it's weatherproof. Most blasters keep their product outdoors in a type 2 magazine that just sits on skids. The 50lb limit only applies to an indoor, so a small outdoor could potentially hold more. For the distance requirement, you need Table 224:

https://www.atf.gov/explosives/table-distances##555.224

That being said, there are definitely variances issued for things like barns and unattached garages that might be closer than 150 feet. It usually hinges on whether your local authorities otherwise allow it. Search the archives here for more info.