PDA

View Full Version : More from the Hoosier State

PyroHoover
08-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Hi guys,
Another amateur pyro from Indiana here! I've been doing backyard shows for about 15 years. Just recently started to get serious about it. Ordered Dave's DVDs to try to get my ATF license, just received them a couple days ago! Stoked to start that process. Fused my first show together this year. Looking forward to learning from and getting to know some fellow pyros!

Our July 11th fireworks show. Be aware I may have a potty mouth before watching! ��
https://youtu.be/CVfP93MlL2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVfP93MlL2s&feature=youtu.be

displayfireworks1
08-02-2020, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the forums. You said you fused your show together. About how long was your longest fuse?

joewad
08-02-2020, 04:50 PM
Welcome aboard fellow hoosier

Mudballs
08-02-2020, 08:42 PM
About how long was your longest fuse?

That would be over an 11 minute fuse.�� Nice show.

PyroHoover
08-02-2020, 09:02 PM
Welcome to the forums. You said you fused your show together. About how long was your longest fuse?

Distance about a foot. Time I think the slowest from 1 cake to another was a minute. It was one continuous string other than the saturn missiles were spliced in.

PyroHoover
08-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Distance about a foot. Time I think the slowest from 1 cake to another was a minute. It was one continuous string other than the saturn missiles were spliced in.

Mix of 25s/ft fuse and 3-5s/fuse along the way

displayfireworks1
08-03-2020, 12:47 PM
Was any one length piece of fuse longer than your arm? If so it means something.

PyroHoover
08-03-2020, 05:35 PM
Was any one length piece of fuse longer than your arm? If so it means something.

I can't say for sure. Possibly close but most of them were pretty short, just long enough to go from 1 cake to the next. I had all my cakes glued on particle boards sheets 2'x4' approximately. The fuses going from board to board may have been close to arm length. I would really like to get a firing system before my next show. Fuses are a real pain! But there's a baby on the way, priorities may push that to the wayside.

displayfireworks1
08-03-2020, 07:58 PM
All in fun. One of my idioms are "If your fuse is longer than your arm, you need a fireworks firing system". Your a smart man putting your funds first towards your family a baby on the way first. Over the years many of long fuse fireworks enthusiast moved into firing systems and never looked back. Your day will come. Thanks for posting the video. Next time get some daytime video of the setup. I always enjoy seeing those.

esgrillo
08-04-2020, 12:03 AM
Looked very very good for a fused show. Timing was great.

PyroHoover
08-04-2020, 11:50 AM
Looked very very good for a fused show. Timing was great.

Thanks Ed. Doesn't really compare to your show. That was awesome. I like your different camera angles and all your fans slices hitting with the music.

PyroHoover
08-04-2020, 11:54 AM
All in fun. One of my idioms are "If your fuse is longer than your arm, you need a fireworks firing system". Your a smart man putting your funds first towards your family a baby on the way first. Over the years many of long fuse fireworks enthusiast moved into firing systems and never looked back. Your day will come. Thanks for posting the video. Next time get some daytime video of the setup. I always enjoy seeing those.
Not sure if it worked... know in a moment I suppose, but i tried to upload a pic of the set up. Everything was on this hay wagon other than the finale

PyroHoover
08-04-2020, 11:55 AM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5232&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5232&stc=1

Here's the pic I was mentioning

indypyro
08-04-2020, 01:18 PM
Another new Indiana native - new to the forums here to - In Indianapolis. Anyone part of any club around here - Heartland or Bluegrass? Just looking for insight to see if they are worth it knowing I would have some travel for either club. Any insight would be helpful! I am just a hobbyist that has been removed from it for the past few years - looking to get back into it!!

PyroHoover
08-04-2020, 04:12 PM
Another new Indiana native - new to the forums here to - In Indianapolis. Anyone part of any club around here - Heartland or Bluegrass? Just looking for insight to see if they are worth it knowing I would have some travel for either club. Any insight would be helpful! I am just a hobbyist that has been removed from it for the past few years - looking to get back into it!!

I've never thought about clubs existing for pyro other than the PGI's of the world. I'd be interested in finding out more about that too.

indypyro
08-04-2020, 04:28 PM
I've never thought about clubs existing for pyro other than the PGI's of the world. I'd be interested in finding out more about that too.

I hadn't either. I was on the PGI website - wasn't sure I wanted a national 'club' without knowing if there was local representation. However - through their website - I found local clubs - Heartland Pyrotechics which seems to be more North Central/NW IN and some of Southern MI and Bluegrass - which seems to be more So. IN and KY among others. Interested to see what peoples experience has been with either one or any club for that matter.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-05-2020, 05:54 AM
I hadn't either. I was on the PGI website - wasn't sure I wanted a national 'club' without knowing if there was local representation. However - through their website - I found local clubs - Heartland Pyrotechics which seems to be more North Central/NW IN and some of Southern MI and Bluegrass - which seems to be more So. IN and KY among others. Interested to see what peoples experience has been with either one or any club for that matter.

I've been a member of PGI for about 4 years now. I love it. Very disappointed that the convention is cancelled this year, but I understand why. It's a good time and you can learn as much or as little as you want. They also meet in a different state each year, so it's a great way to enjoy pyro for a week and get in a scenic vacation in a different location every year. The networking you can do with other pyro clubs and display companies is priceless IMHO. So if you can afford it, I would highly recommend joining.

PyroHoover
08-07-2020, 05:44 PM
A week of pyro would be a good time for sure. I'll probably look into joining at the start of 2021.

pyroblast
01-15-2021, 07:46 PM
Welcome Hoosier pyro

pyroblast
01-15-2021, 07:51 PM
Hi guys,
Another amateur pyro from Indiana here! I've been doing backyard shows for about 15 years. Just recently started to get serious about it. Ordered Dave's DVDs to try to get my ATF license, just received them a couple days ago! Stoked to start that process. Fused my first show together this year. Looking forward to learning from and getting to know some fellow pyros!

Our July 11th fireworks show. Be aware I may have a potty mouth before watching! ��
https://youtu.be/CVfP93MlL2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVfP93MlL2s&feature=youtu.be

Welcome Hoosier!