PDA

View Full Version : Oh crap! Here we go again. stash rebuild

Lonely Bros Pyros
08-01-2020, 05:18 PM
Well, it started already. We just picked up 9 cases to start to rebuild the stash.

Jumping Shane
08-01-2020, 09:25 PM
Haha. I did the same this morning. Drove over an hour into Western PA and snatched up some shells and other assorted goodies. Was not aware of the huge tax though until the grand total came crashing down on me. E Gads man. But it's all good. Well worth it. I'm headed outside right now to try some out.

Chubbles
08-02-2020, 12:00 AM
Great minds think alike! At least I waited until August to start. Eh, who am I kidding? I have no self control.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-04-2020, 03:43 AM
I've got 15 cases and 2lbs of black powder in my garage. Huge lightning strike this past Wednesday. Direct hit. Blew a nice hole in my roof. I was in bed. Sounded like a shotgun went off right by my ear. Scared the living crap out of me. I haven't moved that fast in many years!! I flew out to the garage and up into the rafters to see if the place was on fire. Thank God it wasn't. Lost 4 cable boxes, 2 TV's and the stove, but no fireworks! Whew...

People two blocks away didn't have it so good. Two days later their house was hit and it burned to the ground. 5K sq ft of bricks and ashes.

Welcome to sunny Florida!! :mad:

Jrmiller2015
08-04-2020, 04:25 AM
I've got 15 cases and 2lbs of black powder in my garage. Huge lightning strike this past Wednesday. Direct hit. Blew a nice hole in my roof. I was in bed. Sounded like a shotgun went off right by my ear. Scared the living crap out of me. I haven't moved that fast in many years!! I flew out to the garage and up into the rafters to see if the place was on fire. Thank God it wasn't. Lost 4 cable boxes, 2 TV's and the stove, but no fireworks! Whew...

People two blocks away didn't have it so good. Two days later their house was hit and it burned to the ground. 5K sq ft of bricks and ashes.

Welcome to sunny Florida!! :mad:

Rick not sure if your garage is attached to the house or not but this is precisely why I build the detached garage a few years ago after my stashes for the 4th etc started getting ridiculous and add to that all the different chemicals etc that I’ve accrued through the years of learning to build fireworks as well as all the stuff for the model rockets I build with my son it was to the point of not worth risking my entire house if something happened IE lightning strikes so I put in the garage I use now a good 500 yards plus from my house

Plus it did add in the fact that it’s easier for me to control access as well so I know there’s no kids messing around with the stuff etc because well I’ve created little pyros and although I’ve always stressed safety etc with them... all it would take is a little pyro getting curious

Rick_In_Tampa
08-04-2020, 04:30 AM
It's attached alright. Typical Florida HOA style house. I'd love to be able to build an out-building where I could store my pyro stuff. Just not going to happen since I'm knee deep into an HOA right now.

Jrmiller2015
08-04-2020, 05:14 AM
It's attached alright. Typical Florida HOA style house. I'd love to be able to build an out-building where I could store my pyro stuff. Just not going to happen since I'm knee deep into an HOA right now.

Well that is why when we moved back to Ohio I told the Wife I wanted to be in the country lol had my fair share of battles at our previous place they were definitely not friendly when it came to my hobbies, and as I said I created little pyros and fully expect my oldest will pass my knowledge level and abilities one day (the way his mind works is incredible) so I bought enough property that we can play on and no ones going to say a word and that is with them technically being illegal in the state lol...

Building that building was the best thing I've done lol it gives me space to work year round and the wife still gets to park her car in the garage lol

Rick_In_Tampa
08-05-2020, 05:41 AM
Garages in Florida are not for cars. I think we parked 1 car in the garage when we first moved in just to show it can be done. But the garage hasn't seen a car in 19 years. I'd love to move back to Ohio but there are two things stopping me. 1. No jobs. 2. Breathing relatives that still live there.

Montana has plenty of land though.... :rolleyes:

Jrmiller2015
08-05-2020, 01:46 PM
Yeah I know they don’t get used the same down that way I don’t want park my truck in the garage even in Ohio but the wife prefers her car to be parked in the garage especially during the winter etc... Yeah not sure what profession you’re in but I certainly wouldn’t have come back to ohio if the offer from the company I work for wasn’t on the table

There is indeed lots of land in Montana lol the only thing I wish about Ohio was that they’d change the laws I mean it’s a law no one obeys during the 4th and it’s not really enforced during the holiday but I’d love to see it be legal year round and allow us pyros to have more fun without worrying about getting in trouble

joewad
08-05-2020, 05:10 PM
Does it ever really stop.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-06-2020, 02:21 AM
Does it ever really stop.

It will. Eventually. 100 years from now, none of us will care about any of this.