PDA

View Full Version : ISO contingency storage in central florida

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-27-2020, 08:56 AM
Hey guys I've read tons since I've joined recently and am looking to get my type 54 the only issue is I am not able to have my own magazine, I have only been able to find 1 place to offer storage but they want $300/ year and that just seems too much.

Can someone one recommend a place?

displayfireworks1
07-27-2020, 12:54 PM
That is one of my advertisers. Pay it , do a cost analysis of how much product you are buying from him . Review his prices add that $300 in . That's all you got in Florida. I targeting that state in one of my next videos to get more people licensed. You need a place in Florida to buy anyway.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-27-2020, 01:22 PM
I appreciate the advise, thank you.

displayfireworks1
07-27-2020, 02:18 PM
Ask friends and family for money that come to see the show. Explain the situation. Once you get licensed down the road consider building a magazine. Search the forums you will see lots of information

minute_man777
07-27-2020, 05:12 PM
In my opinion, the $300 is worth it considering that it is the only place in Florida that I can find that offers contingency storage. I know of the place you are talking about and they also sell 1.4 stuff as well. They have a huge selection of 1.3 cakes to chose from too so if you don't have a large collection of mortar racks that's a plus.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-27-2020, 05:23 PM
In my opinion, the $300 is worth it considering that it is the only place in Florida that I can find that offers contingency storage. I know of the place you are talking about and they also sell 1.4 stuff as well. They have a huge selection of 1.3 cakes to chose from too so if you don't have a large collection of mortar racks that's a plus.

I'll have to think about it, $300/year is a few more cases of 1.4 I could buy too...

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-27-2020, 05:26 PM
Ask friends and family for money that come to see the show. Explain the situation. Once you get licensed down the road consider building a magazine. Search the forums you will see lots of information

I have no problem building a magazine I just don't think I will get it approved in my area by the locals, well that and I don't really have room on my property unless it's in my attached garage and I don't think that would work.

Berserker23
07-29-2020, 10:21 PM
I’m in the same situation I only do 2 shows a year $300 is a lot especially since I’ll never use the storage I’m still trying to figure out a plan

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-30-2020, 10:15 AM
I’m in the same situation I only do 2 shows a year $300 is a lot especially since I’ll never use the storage I’m still trying to figure out a plan

I am reaching out to the city and county fire marshal if I get some good news I'll let you know.

bigmike06
07-30-2020, 11:31 AM
I am reaching out to the city and county fire marshal if I get some good news I'll let you know.

I would be interested in what the County Fire Marshal has to say. From my brief research looks like Volusia county wants $100 a year for a permit for explosive storage. I have not reached out yet to see what other requirements they have.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
07-31-2020, 05:46 PM
I would be interested in what the County Fire Marshal has to say. From my brief research looks like Volusia county wants $100 a year for a permit for explosive storage. I have not reached out yet to see what other requirements they have.

I have emailed the city (deland) fire marshal and i have a meeting set up with him on tuesday to discuss what i want to do/ and if / how i can do it.

bigmike06
08-06-2020, 07:15 AM
I have emailed the city (deland) fire marshal and i have a meeting set up with him on tuesday to discuss what i want to do/ and if / how i can do it.

How did the meeting go? Is it safe to assume that since you contacted city fire marshal, your in city limits? Knowing deland that might be a tough sale.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
08-06-2020, 08:47 AM
How did the meeting go? Is it safe to assume that since you contacted city fire marshal, your in city limits? Knowing deland that might be a tough sale.

Yes I'm in deland city limits, He was unavailable to meet so it's been rescheduled. I have a feeling they will want me to have a commercial property for storage.

Arclight
08-06-2020, 05:11 PM
Is there a rocketry club near you? Southern California has several, due to the aerospace influence and maybe Florida does too. They have worked out all sorts of variances with the ATF, state and local authorities in order to carry out their hobby.

ONExLOSTxSOUL
08-06-2020, 05:21 PM
Is there a rocketry club near you? Southern California has several, due to the aerospace influence and maybe Florida does too. They have worked out all sorts of variances with the ATF, state and local authorities in order to carry out their hobby.

I'll have to look into that as well, Thanks

Arclight
08-06-2020, 05:59 PM
I'll have to look into that as well, Thanks

Definitely look into it. I have seen small type 4 magazines in city limits and even inside attached garages.
http://www.lunar.org/docs/LUNARclips/v10/v10n1/leup

ONExLOSTxSOUL
08-06-2020, 07:31 PM
Ok guys, I spoken with the fire marshels and it's a no go unless you are in a commercial zoning area or in the County jurisdiction.

Arclight
08-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Then your next course of action should be to think of the friends/relatives you have with land in East Redneckistan and see about getting a magazine in there.

C_Tampa
02-14-2021, 10:11 PM
This is what I was looking for, other places in FL to buy 1.3 and CS. And this place I am sure its the same place we are talking about. I plan to move forward with the CS / $300 (and my 54 license) to get my hands on some 1.3 product. They have 1.3 product and for me its close by, so its a win for me. I also thought that $300 could go towards 1.4 cakes instead of 1.3 product, I want 1.3 to try, Live once !

Salutecake
02-16-2021, 08:40 AM
Hey ONExLOSTxSOUL,

Can I get some more details about your storage. At first you did not mention if it was Contingency Storage or some other agreement, then in your last post you mentioned CS / 300.00 so now I am assuming the CS stands for contingency storage?
So, if it is contingency storage, then that would basically mean that they are offering you storage for product's you buy from them, only. Now part 2 of that, what else doe that $300 provide. Most of us that use contingency storage, greatly appreciate the agreement, because most of us, without it, could not continue in our hobby. And it is a fair deal that you store products that I only buy from you.

Now enter a Price a dollar amount, to me that starts to change things. It becomes more than I'll store your products for you if you buy them from me. Now your entering a realm of exchanging money for what? Like if you were renting an apartment or a storage unit. How much space do you get for your money, is it only for products you buy from them, do you have access to your space, if so how and when, can you come and go as you please or are you confined to there hours of business?

I agree with Dave pay it if you want to continue with 1.3 stuff, I would not like it, but if that was the only way, well then your stuck.

My understanding is that shared storage is allowed, of course with different rules.

Now off on a little tangent; Personally I would love to have a place where I would pay a fee if I could access my product anytime. $300 a year to be able to go "On a Whim" some nice Sunday afternoon to blow off some 3" salute shells, with out the place being open or confined hours, would not only help me but also the sales of that supplier. I know I would definitely buy more product from them, now I just buy for a specific day, I would love to be able to buy on impulse.

Arclight
02-16-2021, 03:07 PM
Does the $300/year place have a site nearby that you can "test" product at? If so, that isn't too bad of a deal.

C_Tampa
02-16-2021, 07:56 PM
My understanding is, you purchase the CS for $300 (1 year) and you can purchase 1.3 product as you wish, I can't answer if they have product all the time to just order and pickup at a moments notice, I guess if you made a purchase and left some there for a later date you'll need to schedule a date/ time to pickup your product, and not sure on the space available to one's order, major holidays(2) its 24 hour pickup. For me, its New Years and the 4th, I will place orders months ahead, this is my first year and working on completing my 54 app. I am still learning and going thru the process. And yeah, this is the only place near me that offers these services, that I have found, still looking around.

As for testing out 1.3 product, I haven't looked for a place or asked yet in FL.

displayfireworks1
02-16-2021, 09:32 PM
I wish I had deleted this Florida distributor post back in July 2020. I can not extend any credibility to this Florida 1.3 distributor. My advice is stay away, far away. Move to your Plan B. Don't come to me when something goes wrong on this dude.