PDA

View Full Version : Fountain and "Quiet" Based Fireworks Show

FWGuy
07-26-2020, 01:43 PM
Am gearing up for a late October Diwali show about 15-20 minutes long and though may be the antithesis to the typical show around here ;), looking for the show to generally be "quiet". Am thinking about a good portion of 500G fountains (mounted a few feet above ground) along with 500G and 200G 1.4 cakes. Loud breaks and whistles would be a no-go for any aerials, but the "thumps" out of the tube are acceptable. Looking to maximize effects and colors, with an emphasis on colors. Have not done such a show - any ideas or recommendations most welcome regarding certain effects to pair together, videos of similar shows members here have done, and specific product pairings.

Mudballs
07-26-2020, 03:03 PM
Gonna be tough to find quiet. Seems like every cake has crackling or whistles any more. Look for cakes that have waterfall effect or falling leaves, crossettes, or go getters. I shot the wicked waterfall and it was quiet. Wish I would have done two at once to fill the sky more. I am sure there are zipper cakes out there that should work for you as well.

jamisonlm3
07-26-2020, 05:07 PM
Don't forget about comets and mines. Those don't have a break to them. Wheels are also an option. You can get pretty creative with the fountains. Something like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzcwcs8ax20) is even possible.

Robbro097
07-26-2020, 07:32 PM
Fish effect cakes color pearl roman candles

FWGuy
07-27-2020, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the comments guys...will indeed be a tough show to put up. I like the idea of pearl roman candles bundled together.

Birdman
07-27-2020, 03:24 PM
All good option already mentioned. I'll add that some zipper and fan cakes only have a row or two of big breaks. If you wanted to you could modify these so those rows don't fire and only fire the rows you want in your show. I have modified several fan cakes so I could fire each row on its own. No reason you couldn't do the same thing and just not fire the rows you don't want.

esgrillo
07-27-2020, 03:58 PM
Some quiet options I like and where they are in my 2020 video:

Horsetail GM611 3:50
Strobes 6:10 (and lots of other times)
Night Vision MS125 - low 200g cake, very quiet and cheap. 8:03 (theres other stuff going on then that is loud but those are quiet)
Falling leaves GM536 10:42
Photoflash - really quiet and pretty high - 18:47

as mentioned most mines and comet single shots are pretty quiet as well.

Arclight
07-28-2020, 01:01 AM
Do they make 200-500gm cone fountains or similar? Most of the fountains I've seen in the last decade were really just small cakes.

jamisonlm3
07-28-2020, 03:22 AM
Arclight, of course they do, but what do you mean by small cakes? There are hybrid fountains that have a number of aerial breaks. Typically, but not always, the 500g fountains are larger and more elabrate. Do you mean the commonly seen box form factor of normal cakes? There are a number of cone fountains on the market. Many of them are lack luster and others are actually pretty impressive.

Mattp
07-28-2020, 06:13 AM
not sure how quiet you need to be.. but in my opinion alot of fountains have a crackle segment that is pretty damn loud... SO76 has fountains called lava drop that are very quiet.. and have some vibrant colors in them... im sure you could do some research and will need to watch a bunch of videos first.. but relatively quiet is totally doable ... all of the suggestions so far are very nice options .. maybe a bunch of good quality rockets too.. most of them have soft breaks

FWGuy
07-28-2020, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the recommendations!!! Agree, was watching videos of the 500g fountains and though the crackling is indeed loud, anything that stays on the ground is acceptable. I have my work cutout but thus far have a good bunch of options to choose from - horsetails, falling leaves, and comets (Thanks Ed!). Any first hand experience on "noise" levels from the fan multi level mines (GM902) and crossettes (GM493) from SO76?

Rick_In_Tampa
07-31-2020, 06:16 AM
Ed beat me to it, but the falling leaves and horsetails are not only quiet, they also last a good while in the air.

SO76 crossettes and go-getters are also pretty quiet (relatively speaking.) Then there are sweeps and fans. Many have a high break and report, but many are just mines wired together, so you don't get anything on the top end.