PDA

View Full Version : Buying Consumer Fireworks

laxplaya88
01-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Hello everyone, I am looking to put on my first show for the 4th of july and I want to ask a couple of questions. I didnt see and sticky's or rules for the forum so please excuse me if I do cross a line as I will do it unintentionally.

I live in Long Island NY, and I will be traveling into PA to buy some fireworks. I am curious as to which places have the best prices to buy by the case? I am looking for mostly 200-500 gram cakes, and some reloadables. I am looking into buying from Spectacular Fireworks.

I also came across Kellners which has great prices but it is a 7 hour drive for me and I am think that is a little far for a budget of $400-$500. Which leads me to my next question, how far do you travel to buy your fireworks?

I would like to thank everyone for having the time to read this post and replying!

crackerbomb
01-05-2012, 01:28 AM
welcome aboard grasshopper..... If you are wanting to buy by the case you may have to go with a group buy because most places have a min. dollar amount to get wholesale case prices. Any place will sell by the case but you still aren't getting a good price. I travel 3.5 hours to get my fireworks. Just remember sometimes good prices doesn't reflect on a good product.

Pyro Nation
01-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Well, grats on your first show. I need to share a word of caution though on posting your exact intents on a open forum for anyone to see.
Especially since fireworks in NY are ILLEGAL unless properly permitted and licensed. There are a few on here from NY who can tell horror stories on how NY is, but since you are from there I am sure you know.

With that said... I have traveled up to 8 hrs for fireworks, but it was a wholesale purchase. For the size you are doing... Closer the better for ya.
Now without mentioning some names since they are not yet sponsors try doing a search on google and there are quite a few. Spectacular is a great place I always stop in there for a bunch of items. Joe is a great guy if ya get a chance to talk with him.

Pro shells are nice, get some cheaper shells for filler...

There are some threads in the forum on 200G Best and 500G best... From Spectacular I have gone over amlost every one of their cakes and I have my favorites..

laxplaya88
01-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Which cakes from spectacular would you recommend?

jknepp1954
01-05-2012, 06:09 AM
First of all - welcome to Pyro Talk.
We are 2 hours closer than Kellners (or 4 hours when you are considering the round trip = LOL) - just a straight shot out I-80. Not sure if you are buying wholesale or retail - but we give ya deals either way. Feel free to pm or call me with any questions you have. If buying wholesale - we give deals to all about twice a year regardless of qty buying - right now through end of Feb is one of them...
Check website listed below in my signature.

jknepp1954
01-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Btw - the above mentioned company (Spectacular) is not an advertiser on here. Just checked list.
Dave's rule is your not suppose to mention non advertising companies.
Another suggestion is to consider joining a Fireworks CLub - there are about 3 or 4 you could join.

laxplaya88
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
First of all - welcome to Pyro Talk.
We are 2 hours closer than Kellners (or 4 hours when you are considering the round trip = LOL) - just a straight shot out I-80. Not sure if you are buying wholesale or retail - but we give ya deals either way. Feel free to pm or call me with any questions you have. If buying wholesale - we give deals to all about twice a year regardless of qty buying - right now through end of Feb is one of them...
Check website listed below in my signature.

Check your inbox.