PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Near a Cornfield in Ohio

Jumping Shane
07-22-2020, 10:05 PM
I've been into fireworks since I was a little kid in the mid 80s, and was raised on Whistling Moon Travelers and Jumping Jacks. I've always dabbled every year around the 4th, and buy a few cool things to set off with my kids, but this year I decided to step it up a little bit and try to put on a little show. By the time I lit the fuse on the board I had fused together with my collection of 200 gram cakes, I had attracted a small crowd - and ten minutes later when it was all over, I felt like I'd achieved something great. Haha. It was an absolute rush, and everybody was going crazy. So now I've got the fever bad, and I'm already planning my next show - and buying different things to try out. This year was the first year that I bought canister shells - and the first one I did in my back yard (Thursday night before the 4th) almost knocked me on my ass. I had no freaking idea what I'd been missing all this time. I think I laughed for an hour after I shot off a few that night. Fireworks have made my life better. They bring me so much joy, and I'm so glad we're able to have them. I can't believe how awesome they've become since I was a kid. My Dad would take me to a little shed off the side of the road, behind someones house to buy my little stash 30 years ago - and I remember wanting all of it so badly, but still having so much fun with my bottle rockets and firecrackers. I also used to get a little bundle of Fierce Tiger Roaring rockets. I remember every little detail about the labels and how they sounded and looked when I shot them off in the back yard. I'm glad I found a place to talk about this stuff with other people who love it as much as I do. I think I love ALL fireworks. I've never lit one or watched one and ever said, "ehh." I think all of them are awesome.

Robbro097
07-22-2020, 11:25 PM
Welcome to the forms always nice to see another buckeye.

Jumping Shane
07-23-2020, 07:42 PM
Thanks for saying "hey". I'm hoping to learn and find out more about the fireworks scene here. I do most of my fireworks shopping at Wholesale Fireworks, but have been branching out the past couple weeks to see what else is out there. The few places I've been to have been a little low on product, but I'm going to keep trying. I've become kinda obsessed with it since this Summer. I think my families getting tired of hearing me talk about it so much, so I figured I'd hop on here and talk with some like minded people. Haha.

snickels
07-24-2020, 09:09 AM
Hello! Welcome to the forum! I'm also a Buckeye. I love your enthusiasm! You should check out the clubs in Ohio. You can get a ton of knowledge from each of them. Northeast Ohio Pyrotechnics Group (NEOPG) & The Ohio Pyrotechnics Artists Guild (OPAG). I can get you in contact with each of the clubs if you are interested, just send me a message. :)