PDA

View Full Version : "Set Me On Fire" 2020 Pyromusical

WithReport
07-16-2020, 10:59 PM
Here is our Pyromusical for this year "Set Me On Fire"

I picked up my first firing system a few years ago after seeing fireTEK advertised here on PyroTalk. A few years ago, my first musical (posted somewhere on this forum) was essentially one modules - and it was addicting. I have really enjoyed the system and have been able to add to it over the year.

This year the show was with 10 modules. fireTEK directly controlled the flames and pyro. Audio was controlled with and android device connected to the fireTEK remote (My remote has the internal player option, but it is nice to use the FTKonrol app and it controls audio, too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6znkkiYg4b8

OhmsOutlaw
07-16-2020, 11:35 PM
Fantastic job! How long does something like this take you to plan? How do you pick your music?

Scotty Rockets
07-17-2020, 12:32 AM
Absolutely fantastic show!!! I love my fireTEK!

PyroGyro
07-17-2020, 07:44 AM
Phenomenal. Great choice of music, effects, variety and combination of effects, pacing, and timing. So many breaks were perfectly timed, which is one of the hardest parts of creating pyromusicals. Pyro was integrated with the music magnificently. Bravo!

One question. Was there a lot of product modification to make it work? Cake modification etc?

rfgonzo
07-17-2020, 12:02 PM
Very well done! I like how you added the # of Cues in the bottom left as well. Great show

esgrillo
07-17-2020, 04:51 PM
Love it!!! good product and pacing of course the DMX flames!

displayfireworks1
07-17-2020, 08:31 PM
Nice display and very nice photography both. I am happy to see some FireTEK post and video on the forums. When I see what some of the pyrotalk members are out there doing its amazing.

WithReport
07-17-2020, 09:29 PM
Very well done! I like how you added the # of Cues in the bottom left as well. Great show

Glad you notice it. I realized that when I watch others shows, I'm always wondering how many cues were used. Sometimes the total cues will be posted, but I thought this would be more informative.

WithReport
07-17-2020, 09:31 PM
Phenomenal. Great choice of music, effects, variety and combination of effects, pacing, and timing. So many breaks were perfectly timed, which is one of the hardest parts of creating pyromusicals. Pyro was integrated with the music magnificently. Bravo!

One question. Was there a lot of product modification to make it work? Cake modification etc?

There was some, but not a tremendous amount. There were some that were poked in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, tube. There was one that was ignited from both ends to make is shorter and more intense in the sky. Most of the zippers had fuses between most of the rows removed and fired by individual rows or groups of rows.

WithReport
07-18-2020, 01:22 AM
Fantastic job! How long does something like this take you to plan? How do you pick your music?

lol - always too long. I have an idea of a few items that I want to use or do. for example, I like using wheel. I also wanted a good flame segment this year. Then it is finding songs and saving them in playlists, then you filter them down till you have the final set. At some point, hopefully before you start buying stuff, you have the soundtrack pinned down and have the script going.

bigmike06
07-20-2020, 12:31 PM
At the 6 minute mark, who makes those jet fountains?

WithReport
07-20-2020, 11:56 PM
At the 6 minute mark, who makes those jet fountains?

They are a Dominator product

PyroGyro
07-21-2020, 06:57 AM
There was some, but not a tremendous amount. There were some that were poked in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, tube. There was one that was ignited from both ends to make is shorter and more intense in the sky. Most of the zippers had fuses between most of the rows removed and fired by individual rows or groups of rows.

Yeah this is what I thought. It was obvious to me watching the video that there was more going on there than standard Pro line one shots/slices etc... For me personally you either do pyromusicals right (like you did), which requires a tremendous amount of work and $$, or don't bother. This is why I haven't attempted a pyromusical yet LOL

WithReport
07-21-2020, 09:31 AM
Yeah this is what I thought. It was obvious to me watching the video that there was more going on there than standard Pro line one shots/slices etc... For me personally you either do pyromusicals right (like you did), which requires a tremendous amount of work and $$, or don't bother. This is why I haven't attempted a pyromusical yet LOL

Thanks for the comment, there was a lot of work. It was mostly consumer product. If you look at ignition points in my latest show 70% was consumer product. As for cake mod, it is all based on watching youtube or my prior videos with a stopwatch. If it needs to be shorter, match it differently. I and others have also pulled fuses on the last row of items to remove that all-so-common crackle finish. Or fire it backwards and put the crackle in the front.

Sure pyromusical is more work. There is also nothing wrong with a good non-musical approach. If I go back and look at my first pyromusical attempt, it is quite a bit different and shorter than this last one. But I still enjoyed it and still proud of it. Brings back some great memories. If it is something you want to do, just figure out how to start off small.

My first attempt was with a scriptable firing system, which is one of the bigger expenses, but I've seen some impressive stuff done with manually fired setups, too.

bigmike06
07-21-2020, 12:12 PM
They are a Dominator product

Ok. Wasn't sure if it was Dominator or SO76. Thanks