PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Demo's

Pyro Nation
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Well, it is now officially 2012.... Time to start thinking about this years shows and demo's.

I will be trying to attend a few this year for sure.

Trying to think of ones there are add to this list if people attend them around the East Coast area.

Kellners
Kneppy's
CFI
BIG
American Fireworks

Are a few of the ones depending on the dates ofcourse I am going to try and attend

BigMO
01-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Hales and Spirit of 76 in April! Probably the best wholesalers in the Midwest and definitely in MO!

J's12talk
01-02-2012, 11:54 PM
This is a tough thread due to the don't talk about non-sponsor's thing. Maybe it's for Dave to lighten up a little bit. Now that there's a clothing line we should be good to go.

indianahx
01-03-2012, 11:37 AM
There was no advertising mentioned for said demos......

PyroJoeNEPA
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Don't forget LBS!

BigMO
01-03-2012, 01:04 PM
It is even harder, due to the fact that most of the sponsors of the web page is from the eastern half of America. Kinda leaves us guys from the heartland a little out of the discussion. I totally understand that ownership is from that part of the country, so it is what it is.

displayfireworks1
01-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Just to let everyone know I am always looking for sponsor’s to advertise on pyrotalk.com from all over the world including the Midwestern part of United States. I sent request to many companies in the business all the time. Including Hales and 76 Pyro. They apparently prefer not to participate and that is their choice. They may change their mind in the future and I will be more than happy to have them or any company in the business that wants to be a part of pyrotalk.com.
My website is an investment that needs to follow a certain business model to continue. It is like any endeavor in your life, if it becomes costly and burdensome, it gets old quick. To keep the website going is very costly and takes a huge amount of time. I need advertisers to keep that business model going.
My guess is most fireworks distributors in the Midwest do not want conflict with the pyro U boys by advertising with me. It is not that they do not like me or pyrotalk, they just do not need the hassle and pressure from that group. Some of my advertisers are on pyrotalk and pyro U and it does not bother me at all. Unfortunately, it does not work the other way around. I tell all my advertisers or potential advertisers I will demonstrate and use anything they want us to use. A few people like Cobra Firing Systems and pyrodirect took advantage of that. Any fireworks related company in the world is free to contact me and be a part of the website.
If you want these business to be part of my website I would request you sent them an email asking them to do so. The Midwest fireworks distributors are more than welcome to be part of pyrotalk.

indianahx
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
i'd really like to see more of the midwest companies myself. being located right in the middle of Indiana, all of the east coast and PA companies are a little out of my reach. nice product, good companies, but never going to happen for me.

BigMO
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Dave,

I completely understand that you are running a business? I think that it is great! But as a longtime customer (3 firing system - old ones, 5+years as a subscriber) I really hope you would look at me as a "sponsor" as well. And as a Sponsor, I really hope that because one company does not want to do business with you that you would not allow one of your longtime "sponsor" to enjoy a service that he has paid for. I hope that we can continue doing business with each other, but if this going to impede our business relationship, please let me know.

Thanks and longtime customer,

Bigmo

J's12talk
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Perhaps if companys that aren't current sponsors saw that there was an interest in them on this site they would see the value of advertising here. Interest equals sales potential equals money. Do the math it's easy. Don't get to bent Dave, were just venting our flustrations at being so limited. XXXOOO J

crackerbomb
01-03-2012, 10:28 PM
I was told by a sales rep. at Bigs in Lansing Michigan that they will have there demo in Lansing instead of Indiana. They are changing the location since Michigan changed there law.

jknepp1954
01-04-2012, 06:59 AM
We at Kneppy's Fireworks are tentatively having our Demo on May 5th. Probably open shoot the day before - details later on as they are being planned out.
Sorry - that is also same day as CFI.
Kellners - April 19-21 with the 20th being the 1.4g demo and 21st being the 1.3g demo
All of you mid west folks - you are more than welcome to come on out to our demo.... we have a few campgrounds around to make for a cheaper weekend that you can stay at if you are into the camping thing....

pyromaniac
01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank god Kellners moved their demo back a few weeks this year! Hopefully it won't be 40 degrees and raining like last year! Not like that would stop me from going tho..;) I also propose a Pyrotalk pyromusical using nothing but salutes..:cool: We had allot of fun last year fusing up all those racks. Maybe we can get a collection going to make sure it happens this year! I'm game.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Hopefully it won't be 40 degrees and raining like last year! Not like that would stop me from going tho..;)
You forgot to mention the MUD ---carrying all those racks out into the field & sinking as you went!!!

Pyro@Mach13
01-07-2012, 11:20 PM
I know a man that created Videos for sale. He allowed anyone and everyone to freely copy them. People said he was crazy. Well, he had over 30 employees at one point. The material spread like wildfire and people wanted to pay for new ones when he updated them as he did. To stifle as is done, my opinion is a way to fail. Please Dave, do not take this wrong, I would gladly donate funds to help this place run as I do on other forums and tons of community software projects (like XBMC in the HTPC world).

Looking forward to Keller's demo days. Got to get May5th open now too!

Pyro Nation
01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I know a man that created Videos for sale. He allowed anyone and everyone to freely copy them. People said he was crazy. Well, he had over 30 employees at one point. The material spread like wildfire and people wanted to pay for new ones when he updated them as he did. To stifle as is done, my opinion is a way to fail. Please Dave, do not take this wrong, I would gladly donate funds to help this place run as I do on other forums and tons of community software projects (like XBMC in the HTPC world).

Looking forward to Keller's demo days. Got to get May5th open now too!

There are a lot on here who would donate to help with server cost and such.... If ya dont ask ya never know what could come of it...LOL

afc1902
01-13-2012, 10:41 AM
American Fireworks Company will be finalizing our demo date in the next couple weeks. We will keep you posted.

SummitPyro
01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
American Fireworks Company will be finalizing our demo date in the next couple weeks. We will keep you posted.
Looking forward to this one. Love the Dominator stuff. Hopefully the weather will be better this year. Last year was very windy, cold and rain.

UniversalPyro
01-13-2012, 08:56 PM
I plan on attending your open shoot again, any chance you can get a location for 1.3 stock?

afc1902
01-23-2012, 10:16 AM
We at American Fireworks Company will be holding our demo on April 28th. We are also holding our Continuing Education Class for our 1.3 shooters the same day. If anyone is interested in shooting for us this coming year and attending this class you can contact me at johndavid@americanfireworks.com or (330) 650-1776 for more information.

afc1902
01-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Here is the link for our 2012 Demo...
https://americanfireworks.com/demo_night_2011

Any other questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

www.americanfireworks.com
Phone: (330) 650-1776 E-Mail: johndavid@americanfireworks.com

Pyro Nation
01-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Here is the link for our 2012 Demo...
https://americanfireworks.com/demo_night_2011

Any other questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

www.americanfireworks.com
Phone: (330) 650-1776 E-Mail: johndavid@americanfireworks.com

wasnt sure at first it would be the right link seeing how it had 2011 in it, but it does bring up the 2012 info..lol

NOLApyro
02-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I've never been to a demo but I'm interested in attending one (the only one) in my area. Do you have to be invited to these or can you just show up? Also anyone know when the Hale's demo is in Gretna, LA?

indianahx
02-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Call them and ask. It varies from one to another. Some are public, some are by invite (if you're previous customer) only...

pyro1361
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
International Pyrotechnic Importers (IPI) 2012 Demo Will be May 12th
The Website will be updated soon. I Will have all the details about the Demo In a Week
Please email me with any questions zach@pyroimports.com

We Will Be shooting Lidu,Wizard,Dancing,Jixiu and Hong kong Colors Products

Pyro Nation
02-02-2012, 10:57 PM
The Website will be updated soon. I Will have all the details about the Demo In a Week

Thanks for letting us know.. Look forward to it

J's12talk
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Even though I live in one of the most oppressed states in the union I still feel fortunate because I live within range of no less than six demo's. They are all within five hours of me which is pretty much as far as I want to drive. In general after the demo's I will drive home the same night to help save money instead of getting a hotel room.Generally I do this for all club shoots as well. Can you say coffee and caffeine, better than bed bugs and stale bagles the next morning.

Pyro Nation
02-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Even though I live in one of the most oppressed states in the union I still feel fortunate because I live within range of no less than six demo's. They are all within five hours of me which is pretty much as far as I want to drive. In general after the demo's I will drive home the same night to help save money instead of getting a hotel room.Generally I do this for all club shoots as well. Can you say coffee and caffeine, better than bed bugs and stale bagles the next morning.

WE all should feel special that he does that just to see us... Maybe we can donate money and help with his coffee bill...lol

jknepp1954
02-03-2012, 07:18 AM

Zach - is this all B product or some C product as well?

pyro1361
02-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Joyce,

This will be all B unless we get our Jaguar container by then. If we do we will be shooting some class c.

Minishow
02-13-2012, 11:50 PM
I was told by a sales rep. at Bigs in Lansing Michigan that they will have there demo in Lansing instead of Indiana. They are changing the location since Michigan changed there law.

Yes they did change it to Lansing here is the link http://www.bigfireworks.com/Fireworks_Demo.aspx

UniversalPyro
03-19-2012, 07:01 PM
I think WFBoom should do a demo! how about it!!!!

J's12talk
03-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I think WFBoom should do a demo! how about it!!!!

I've brought the idea up to them multiple times but they don't seem interested in doing one.

UniversalPyro
03-19-2012, 09:55 PM
well, i bought enough product from them so we will have one when we meet up at the demo's!

Pyro Nation
03-19-2012, 10:41 PM
well, i bought enough product from them so we will have one when we meet up at the demo's!

Oh really now..LOL...

UniversalPyro
03-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey Pyro, just wondering, are you upgrading your cobra remote? i am going to.

Pyro Nation
03-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Already Have... I got in on the BETA

UniversalPyro
03-20-2012, 10:17 PM
so what do you think? did you do any scripting?

Pyro Nation
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Yes... Show I did in March was scripted.... First time doing it and I really did enjoy watching how it planned out. I learned a bunch so looking forward to scripting my next

UniversalPyro
03-21-2012, 06:32 PM
thats great to hear, i got the new remote with the firework software and its gonna be really something to time everything and watch. i realize its more work thought to wire everything but it will be nice. Did you have software or did you us a excell file?

Pyro Nation
03-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I have the Finale Software, but being the first time to do this I just did the excel sheet and timed it out that way