PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Land of Lincoln (Springfield, Illinois)!

RWank
07-14-2020, 12:58 PM
Hi Everybody!

My name is Robb and I live in Springfield, Illinois. I'm a RN by career, have five beautiful daughters (my oldest literally signed a contract with the US Army yesterday, and goes to MEPS tomorrow and Thursday--Still on cloud 9!) and have had a passion for music and entertainment (Sound & light production, etc...). A recovering alcoholic, I am very confident in my intentions and drive-- not money driven in any way, shape, or form-- to me, it's all about "LOVE" (think Mr. Rogers! My Idol); the soul-elevating excitement fireworks can create is amazing. I'm also one of four directors for a large Music Festival for charities, and am proud to be a part of such a impactful and inclusive zero-payroll, 100% volunteer-driven, 100% proceeds giving community organization. Fireworks is a natural next step for me. I'm interested in doing SAFE personal display (by definition, not classification) pyrotechnics including the use of 1.4G & 1.4S products. My only thought for a business venture would be in line with my other production business, that operates as a Not-For-Profit-- bringing celebration, entertainment, inclusion, acceptance, love, excitement, and joy to everyone, not just the advantaged. People are hurting right now, and I have nothing but Love. I have gained a fair amount of "theory knowledge", I understand the lingo and am familiar with the general aspects. I need help in determining the exact route to take, and all the "Wisdom" you can unload on me. I'm excited to be a part of this world, and had no idea there were as many of "us" as there are. I think I'll be at home here, and I am excited to be a part of something so amazing. (btw, I had a minor life-saving stroke three years ago, and have became even more "long-winded/worded" since, reader beware! :cool:

Oh, btw---- I LOVE the actual Japanese style artillery shells, the breaks are breathtaking.

Peace,
Robb

Crush630
07-14-2020, 02:35 PM
Welcome fellow IL tax payer. Yes I hate JB.

RWank
07-14-2020, 02:51 PM
Yessir! Right there with you!! How in the world did that Chicago croney of ol' Rod get elected in the first place!?
Our youngest daughter is 12, so S i x M o r e Y e a r s--(I think I can, I think I can, I think I can)

Both of my brothers (and Mom) live in the Western Suburbia up there (Bartlett, Plano).

Good day!

displayfireworks1
07-14-2020, 09:06 PM
That current Mayor of Chicago looks like an escapee from that Michael Jackson Thriller video. LOL

Robbro097
07-14-2020, 09:16 PM
That current Mayor of Chicago looks like an escapee from that Michael Jackson Thriller video. LOL

Lmao i needed that laugh

rfgonzo
07-14-2020, 09:52 PM
Welcome and good luck to your oldest. Nice to see young Americans that still believe in our country.

CozmicRooster
07-14-2020, 10:25 PM
Welcome fellow IL tax payer. Yes I hate JB.

You said that on the last thread... :)

Welcome to Springfield RWank. Fellow production roadie here. 18yrs in sound production here, mostly live shows. Did my first legit backyard show this year. Investing in a firing system for next year.

FWGuy
07-15-2020, 04:32 PM

That there is funny!!!

Crush630
07-16-2020, 09:05 AM
Mayor of Chicago should just give up. Place is crazy and wont ever stop. I can not wait to move out of this state.