PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio

Bitzan
07-13-2020, 04:22 PM
I am attempting to dispel the adage that you can't teach an old dog I new trick. I never had the opportunity to explore the world of fireworks as a younger man but when my boys (13 and 15) showed interest I jumped on the chance.

One of my major concerns is safety. Are there any good on-line courses or book or ??? that will give me a solid foundation?

Looking forward to a rewarding journey.

Robbro097
07-13-2020, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the forums theres alot of good info throughout daves videos and a ton of knowledgeable folks on here and great info on the forums if you use the search tab up top. the biggest thing i can recommend as far as safety goes is to stabilize so longas it goes up and not sideways youv eliminated most of the dangers right there.

displayfireworks1
07-13-2020, 09:18 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk forums. One of my advertisers sells what you are looking for .
https://www.fireworksmanual.com/

Rick_In_Tampa
07-14-2020, 05:40 AM
Welcome aboard Bitzan! In addition to the reading material through Dave's sponsor, as Rob indicated you will pick up the lion's share of your pyro knowledge right here in these threads. Ask lots of questions and you'll get more answers that you know what to do with from some very knowledgeable pyros.

Tell us what kind of shooting you're interested in doing (or are doing) and maybe we can jump right in and offer you some tips/tricks/suggestions to do it better and safer. Or just peruse the threads and ask questions later. Always happy to help!

Again, welcome!

PyroJoeNEPA
07-14-2020, 10:06 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk. Great to see you making a "family" commitment to the Pyro Hobby!

snickels
07-17-2020, 09:46 AM
Hello! Welcome to the forum! I'm from Ohio myself! There is a club here in the NE called Northeast Ohio Pyrotechnics Group. They are worth reaching out to for knowledge and some hands on experience. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. :)