PDA

View Full Version : All 1.3 Backyard show July 4th 2020 pics and video

357pyro
07-11-2020, 10:47 AM
Here are some links to the setup photos and a youtube video of our 4th shoot this year. We had about $2500 in all 1.3 product. 3's, 6's, 2.5" cakes, and a lot of boom in it. Hope everyone had a great 4th holiday. I'd love to hear any feedback you have on our show. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypMRKPGBxJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypMRKPGBxJQ

https://www.facebook.com/three5sevenpyro/photos

esgrillo
07-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Very nice show. Us 1.4 backyard guys have shell envy lol. I like the pacing a lot.... Well done.

joewad
07-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Very nice fellow Hoosier

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5184&stc=1

Rick_In_Tampa
07-12-2020, 02:19 AM
Awesome show! Would love to see more setup pics. The only OBVIOUS thing I would suggest to add is music. However, I totally get the purest thing too. I'm a big fan of the "thump and boom/snap" shows too. Well done!

215less
07-12-2020, 04:57 AM
Great show 357Pyro. Loving those red Z fired salutes towards the end. Those 6" ones were killer too... Job well done sir.

357pyro
07-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Very nice show. Us 1.4 backyard guys have shell envy lol. I like the pacing a lot.... Well done.

Thanks esgrillo! Had it to do over again I would have put more 6s in the show.

357pyro
07-12-2020, 09:07 AM
Awesome show! Would love to see more setup pics. The only OBVIOUS thing I would suggest to add is music. However, I totally get the purest thing too. I'm a big fan of the "thump and boom/snap" shows too. Well done!

Thanks Rick! There are a lot more setup pics on the Facebook page link. Eventually I would like to do something with music. Probably not full blown pyromusical. More like musical accompaniment, trying to match the pace of the display. I would rather spend money on more guns and mods than PA equipment though.

357pyro
07-12-2020, 09:09 AM
Great show 357Pyro. Loving those red Z fired salutes towards the end. Those 6" ones were killer too... Job well done sir.

Thanks! We had three 6 inch salutes in the show. They didn’t come through as well on the video as I had hoped. In person they were intense!

Salutecake
07-12-2020, 03:29 PM
Hey 357pyro --- Great Show!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Boy is it possible to get a list of what you shot off??? Really curious about the first 20 seconds and the in and around 5 minute till about the 6 minute mark. The problem I run into is my 1.3 guy has a list of what I can buy, but no videos (I complain constantly about it) but if I have a name at least I can ask if he has something like that.

Again, Great 1.3 show

joewad
07-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Thanks esgrillo! Had it to do over again I would have put more 6s in the show.

6's are nice but don't overlook some "good" 5's. Price per case is similar yet 18/1 vs 9/1 case packing. All of my shoots are more of a "extreme backyard" type and not for public. So maybe 6's are better for you but I lean towards 5's for my shoots. About 3 to 1.

357pyro
07-13-2020, 01:52 PM
6's are nice but don't overlook some "good" 5's. Price per case is similar yet 18/1 vs 9/1 case packing. All of my shoots are more of a "extreme backyard" type and not for public. So maybe 6's are better for you but I lean towards 5's for my shoots. About 3 to 1.

You are 100% right on that. We just don't have any 5 inch guns yet. Working on that as we speak! What is your opinion on 4's? Do you think they are worth the difference than just shooting more 3's. Cases prices are similar and you get half the shells compared to 3's.

RalphieJ
07-13-2020, 02:46 PM
Hey.....have you spent any time with a display firm owned by old-school Italians? It sure looks like you have. Your show was well paced, great selection and matching of effects, nice pauses between effects that allows appreciation of the art that is so very much missed these days, no puke, no music. The owner of the company that I was associated with preferred 5" shells to 6", both purchased and his own, saying the extra cost for the 6" wasn't justified. Great job!!

357pyro
07-13-2020, 03:43 PM
Hey.....have you spent any time with a display firm owned by old-school Italians? It sure looks like you have. Your show was well paced, great selection and matching of effects, nice pauses between effects that allows appreciation of the art that is so very much missed these days, no puke, no music. The owner of the company that I was associated with preferred 5" shells to 6", both purchased and his own, saying the extra cost for the 6" wasn't justified. Great job!!

I have not but those are all things that are important to me and I do appreciate that very much. I take a lot of time to carefully consider pace and effect. I am guilty of liking a lot of boom though lol. Thank you for the kind words!

joewad
07-13-2020, 04:36 PM
You are 100% right on that. We just don't have any 5 inch guns yet. Working on that as we speak! What is your opinion on 4's? Do you think they are worth the difference than just shooting more 3's. Cases prices are similar and you get half the shells compared to 3's.

I start with 200 1.75 inch canister color shells fused for timing then mix in 2 cases of chained 3's in the finale with a case of chained 4" for color with a case of 120 - 2.5" for salutes. For bulk of shell show we hand light 1 case of 4's, 2 cases of 5's and 2 cases of 6's. After a specified group of salvos, I set free a 4 inch canister salute then move to a group of 3 cakes. Then repeat. I usually start the shell show with a few 5 inch or 6 inch or single 8 inch salute to get the hearts pumpin.

357pyro
07-13-2020, 08:27 PM
I start with 200 1.75 inch canister color shells fused for timing then mix in 2 cases of chained 3's in the finale with a case of chained 4" for color with a case of 120 - 2.5" for salutes. For bulk of shell show we hand light 1 case of 4's, 2 cases of 5's and 2 cases of 6's. After a specified group of salvos, I set free a 4 inch canister salute then move to a group of 3 cakes. Then repeat. I usually start the shell show with a few 5 inch or 6 inch or single 8 inch salute to get the hearts pumpin.

Sounds like you run the gamut from small up to big! I like your style! Lynch sells a double magnum 5 inch salute. I wonder how it compares to the 6 or 8 inch. It’s priced is in between the 6 and 8.

joewad
07-13-2020, 10:27 PM
Sounds like you run the gamut from small up to big! I like your style! Lynch sells a double magnum 5 inch salute. I wonder how it compares to the 6 or 8 inch. It’s priced is in between the 6 and 8.

A 5 inch double mag canister will hit harder than a 6 inch canister, my opinion. I always start with one of them, 5, 6 or 8. As Carter Bell of Bell Pyrotechnics use to tell me, "it'll move a lot of air".

357pyro
07-14-2020, 11:26 AM
A 5 inch double mag canister will hit harder than a 6 inch canister, my opinion. I always start with one of them, 5, 6 or 8. As Carter Bell of Bell Pyrotechnics use to tell me, "it'll move a lot of air".

For research purposes I believe I will have to put that to the test! :cool:

joewad
07-14-2020, 11:57 AM
For research purposes I believe I will have to put that to the test! :cool:

Should be a 5 inch magnum salute, followed by a 6 Inch and 8 Inch magnum salute and finally a box of 4 inch canisters

357pyro
07-14-2020, 02:58 PM
Should be a 5 inch magnum salute, followed by a 6 Inch and 8 Inch magnum salute and finally a box of 4 inch canisters

Dang! That 8 incher has some girth!! lmao

joewad
07-14-2020, 06:48 PM
Dang! That 8 incher has some girth!! lmao

Last year my source has a double magnum 8 inch for twice the money, it had girth and length but I was just too cautious to pull the trigger on that one. I noticed this year they did not offer it.

357pyro
07-15-2020, 11:19 AM
Last year my source has a double magnum 8 inch for twice the money, it had girth and length but I was just too cautious to pull the trigger on that one. I noticed this year they did not offer it.

That I would love to see! If you don't mind DM me I would love to know where you are sourcing these and prices.

joewad
07-15-2020, 03:18 PM
That I would love to see! If you don't mind DM me I would love to know where you are sourcing these and prices.

Check your mssages......done.