PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite consumer cake combos for your finale?

Big Worm
07-11-2020, 08:26 AM
My favorite combo is Flood Red(brothers), 30s gold brocade z fan (SO76), and Western Sky (brothers). Shooting from two or three positions is pretty spectacular! If you add in some lemon and purple go getters with some nice high gold willow breaks, that does it for me!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-12-2020, 02:05 AM
Well after this year, based on the crowd response, my favorite finale cake is the Tannerite 100 shot, and Tannerite 25 shot willow cakes.

I had 300 r/w/b cans go up, but you couldn't see the effects because they puked up in 7 seconds. I need to slow those babies down for next year.

215less
07-17-2020, 07:08 AM
Surprisingly.... One of my all time favorites from an unlikely place is a Phantom brand 200 gram cake. Last year i shot 24 of these perfectly timed and was right before my final 500 grams went off. The product is G-094 Willow Among The Palms 7 shot cake.

joewad
07-17-2020, 08:59 AM
Well after this year, based on the crowd response, my favorite finale cake is the Tannerite 100 shot, and Tannerite 25 shot willow cakes.

I had 300 r/w/b cans go up, but you couldn't see the effects because they puked up in 7 seconds. I need to slow those babies down for next year.

Can you provide or DM me the make of the r/w/b cans?

Big Worm
07-17-2020, 05:32 PM

Knowing Rick my guess is Spirit of 76

esgrillo
07-17-2020, 05:53 PM
my fav continues to be the combination of 90 200g Bump bears and 9 whacky tobacky split on 3 platforms. Very good high low combo

esgrillo
07-17-2020, 05:56 PM

Like worm said those will be 76 Super Nova RWB for Rick.... I had a couple hundred as well. I like doing single effect for finale in vain attempt to avoid the sky puke look

Big Worm
07-18-2020, 08:08 PM
my fav continues to be the combination of 90 200g Bump bears and 9 whacky tobacky split on 3 platforms. Very good high low combo

The 9 whacky tobacky always look amazimg. The bump bear mass launch is too smokey in my opinion, i'm sure its more impressive in person though. I would love to see that setup replaced with the 30s gold mine to brocade z fan and the 200g red strobe from 76. Not that you need my advice! Lol Just fantasizing over your show

Scotty Rockets
07-19-2020, 01:30 AM
Double ematched dominator touch of gold with nishiki over top.

AquaticPyro
07-21-2020, 07:53 AM
The past two years one of my many combos was 4 200G Red Razzle cakes along with Wild Cherry SLAM and then after about 25 seconds I have Red Light District, Dragon and Gorilla Warfare go off.

AquaticPyro
07-21-2020, 08:06 AM
I will have to pull out my notes but I always use multiple cakes along with two One Bad Mother In Law cakes. I always use Black Dynamite, I have used Rock And Gawk, Evil Eye, Amazing Ballet, 2 Neon Peacocks (20 seconds apart), The last two years I include Bushwacked but doubled it two going off one after the other, last year I also had red Light District but dropped it this year and added the second Bushwacked in its place.

Not related but I also had a milk crate of 25 canisters go off with 1, 2 and 3 burst each near the end. I think the were all from the Goliath case I had bought before and did not want to store another year. I used different fusing to randomize when they would go off.

AquaticPyro
07-21-2020, 08:12 AM
Not finales but two Slam Dunks with 1 second of delay between them. I tried it last year and did it again this one.

I did State Of The Union and Amazing Ballet together last year.

Loud and Legal with High Voltage.

For earlier on, Rapacious with Crazy Exciting On Steroids (About 21 1/2 seconds after)

AquaticPyro
07-21-2020, 08:19 AM
That is why I use a few fan cake timed so they are crossing each other the whole time. I then dump the milk crate at the very end. I will have my spread rack added next year and do a segment with different combinations of Neon canisters maybe start with Neon Skies. I hope to get Ta-Dah! next year. I am a sucker for Crossettes. I just saw a shell that goes from a smiley face to a red heart from Wizard. Pretty cute and probably difficult to pull off.

AquaticPyro
07-21-2020, 08:23 AM
My favorite combo is Flood Red(brothers), 30s gold brocade z fan (SO76), and Western Sky (brothers). Shooting from two or three positions is pretty spectacular! If you add in some lemon and purple go getters with some nice high gold willow breaks, that does it for me!

Go Getters look great with a pair of Intense Pretense going off in the background. I have done that thee years in a row as part of the show. Where are the lemon and purple ones from? It is weird firework. Straight up and then sideways.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-23-2020, 01:15 AM
Knowing Rick my guess is Spirit of 76

Good guess! :cool: