PDA

View Full Version : 1 to 10

rfgonzo
07-09-2020, 11:29 PM
On a scale from 1 to 10. 1 being low and 10 being high. How satisfied were you with your 4th 2020 show?

I was a 7-1/2. That's the highest I've been in a long time. Things went well this year, only four MJG failures and I must have made a stupid mistake by putting a can upside down in a mortar tube. I've watched the video over and over and that's the only conclusion I can come up with. However no damage to any tubes so not 100%.

CozmicRooster
07-09-2020, 11:45 PM
Mine was a solid 8. First time doing a decent sized show all fused. It was bigger and more intense than I anticipated, in a good way. I think I set the bar kind of high for future shows now. It hasn’t even been a week and I’m already pricing firing systems lol.

Kooooou
07-10-2020, 12:11 AM
Mine was a 6-1/2. We lost 3 hours of setup time due to winds and drizzle, so some 50 cakes (mostly thumpers) had to be removed from the show due to time constraints. Of the cakes that were fused and wired to go, about 20 did not fire due to moisture on fuses because humidity made it underneath my 30x50 tarp. The audience loved it and I'm really glad they did, but I knew it was supposed to be much better. On the positive side all igniters, canister shells, and the cheapy chinese e-fire system functioned flawlessly.

rfgonzo
07-10-2020, 12:29 AM
Mine was a 6-1/2. We lost 3 hours of setup time due to winds and drizzle, so some 50 cakes (mostly thumpers) had to be removed from the show due to time constraints. Of the cakes that were fused and wired to go, about 20 did not fire due to moisture on fuses because humidity made it underneath my 30x50 tarp. The audience loved it and I'm really glad they did, but I knew it was supposed to be much better. On the positive side all igniters, canister shells, and the cheapy chinese e-fire system functioned flawlessly.

That was me last year, I know how you feel. After the show last year I was so mad I told my wife it's time for Cobra. Went from a 4 last year to 7-1/2 this year.

AxeElf
07-10-2020, 01:11 AM
Man, now that you have me thinking about it, it's really hard to put a number on the show as a whole. There are some things I was VERY disappointed about--black sky during what should have been the focal point of the penultimate song has to be at least a full point deduction by itself--but there were also some things that WORKED, just like I had hoped they would--and that's apparently kind of hard to do with 1.4, with talons, and without a Cobra.

If you'd asked me right after the show, I probly woulda said about a 4 or a 5, but now that I've had time to study the film, there were definitely some "10" sequences in there too, upon further review.

So I dunno; an 8 maybe? Solid 7. Spirit of 7.6. lol

PyroKing31
07-10-2020, 07:12 AM
0, couldnt happen due to construction delays at at the shoot sight. However, labor day is gonna be YUUUUGE

BeerGuyEd
07-10-2020, 08:22 AM
I would say around a 7 - 7.5. Overall happy about how my show went. There were times that things did not go right but no one but me knew what was supposed to happen so everyone watching the show did not think anything of it. Most importantly to me I learned a lot this season and I know next year's show will be better for it. That and I will have a full year with my Cobra system.

Birdman
07-10-2020, 09:38 AM
My personal satisfaction would be 8.5. Everything fired except one shell in the last Nishiki volley. What did go wrong was mostly anticipated and largely out of my hands, mainly cakes not matching the timing I saw in hours of watching every video possible. There was a small amount of fallout into the wooded area behind the shoot site during the finale that I was trying to avoid. The show was too one dimensional. I had a few cues left and if I just would have spent a few more bucks and time to throw in some 200g cakes to fire along with some of the 500g cakes it would have helped with that and some of the dark sky. This is one thing I anticipated and could have done something about but didn't. However, considering all of the firsts with my show and being able to recognize what the shortcomings would be, it was certainly a confidence builder. If you would have asked me how I expected it to go before the show I would have said somewhere around 5 or 6 so I exceeded my expectations. The main thing is everything fired safely and the audience, including myself enjoyed the show.

FinnAmerican
07-10-2020, 11:51 AM
Well, I didn't do a "SHOW". But I sure enjoyed lighting off shells, cakes, rockets, Roman candles and firecrackers. Shells included Nishiki Blast and Excalibur. 200g cakes were amazing.
And absolutely no complaints. Got some cheers, from an 85 year old neighbor across the street and others.
Only one product went wrong. A ball shell broke close to the ground and the effects landed on a neighbors lawn. But, the neighbors cheered it on anyway...
The whole neighborhood was lighting up. It was kinda like a warzone. I was loving every minute of it...!
Even a young woman was shooting mortar shells for her young children.
So, all in all it was a pleasing day. I would rate this Fourth as a solid 9.5. Only problem was the low brake shell. Main thing was that the neighbors were pleased.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-10-2020, 11:04 PM
I'm in at a solid 5. The show took twice as long to set up than I anticipated. Lots of cakes didn't fire. The timing sucked. Too many black sky moments. Poor overlapping effects. Not enough variety.

Other than that it was fine!

PyroGyro
07-11-2020, 12:40 AM
About a 6.5. I would've made it a 6 if not for the fact that I already knew the show was lacking going into it and what this past year has been like. Since 7/4/2019 it has been a pyro whirlwind for me and I've learned a lot, with the help of a lot of people, including some from this forum. A year ago I was a once a year 1.4 backyard shooter who knew little about fireworks.

To give you and example of what this past year has been like for me...I

1. Joined a club and attended several club meetings
2. Bought 2 firing systems and shot my first Efired shows
3. Bought 3 Pyrolamas and tons of other pyro related equipment
4. Shot my first AoP product and slices, comets, etc...
5. Shot my first 3 position show
6. Shot my first scripted/timed shows
7. Learned Cobra Show Creator
8. Created a huge Pyro library in CSC
9. Crewed on a 1.3 pyromusical
10. Learned how to modify product in a few different ways
11. Shot 4 shows of my own in total
12. Participated in 3 group buys
13. Learned a ton of technical info about fireworks in general

Moving forward I'm hoping to focus more on the creative with my shows now that a lot of the technical learning is behind me.

Berserker23
07-11-2020, 02:33 AM
A 7.5 because I lost 4-5 cakes due to a thunderstorm so I deleted my script before I fired it and 1 of my 50 shot finale racks didn't go off but the people loved it the rain really messed up the whole day but at least it cleared up before the show

Big Worm
07-11-2020, 08:20 AM
Im going with a solid 8. I really didnt stress this year and had no plan until a week before. Few timing things and the order of firing i might of switched up a bit. I had shells cross fire which i was bummed about, and wish i could of held off on the 2 finale cakes for about 10 more sec so everything ended together. I would of given myself a 9 but i dint have the girandolas in the show LOL ( i have a pretty good stash going though ) Best year by far, hope next year is even better.

morrison2951
07-11-2020, 09:41 AM
"Thanks to some anonymous people for a great show last night! Some huge fireworks that must have taken some effort to send up. Very cool!"

"What an incredible display of fireworks in my back yard last night. Can we get a replay for tonight? Thank you whoever you are."

Guess I scored a 10 on my show based upon these facebook comments! :)

Bad Alibi Scott
07-11-2020, 01:38 PM
I'm going with a 7-7.5 but I think I'm being a little hard on my self. Had 100% fire on all my cakes but had a few mortars not fire that were wired and a few that were fused with fast fuse in a finale rack. I think about 10 out of 288 so I'm not too upset. Also had a few mines/comets that didn't fire but I'm pretty sure that was wiring issue on my end. All in all very happy with my show and already started planning next years. Pre staged everything this year the night before so our set up was faster and less stressful. Had the remaining wiring completed by 4pm and had a chance to enjoy our party for a change. Will definitely be doing this from now on. In fact will probably stage stuff earlier the day before and finish as much wiring the day before just to eliminate being in a rush.

Robbro097
07-11-2020, 02:25 PM
Ill give myself a 5 or 6 was a short shiw only 1 song 1st crack at a pyromusical i was going to do a cake show b4 hand but hadnt had any rain in over 2 weeks and was extremely dry so instead of risking it i shortened it. It was with mostly leftover stuff timing seemed a bit off i had range difficulty with the audiobox from where i was positioned. 1 slice didnt fire and 1 flame pot didnt fire i was concerned about the flame pot because i was mixing mjg and a prematched flame wierd thing was the china match was in the middle of a serious with 4 other mjg that all fired. Over all im still happy live and learn and i get another crack at it on the 18th with a short pyromusical for my neph graduation im goin in with much higher expectations for this 1 as i chose all the product not just what i had on hand.

chetubet
07-11-2020, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna say 9! I was really happy how my first show turned out!