PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'm new here

AJ Rhino
07-09-2020, 10:53 AM
But I've been in love with pyro since my teenage years in the 80's. This is my show from the 4th this year. It was a blast. I'm moving to Pennsylvania and I'm looking for friends. I also do oil paintings and can't wait to live in the beautiful state of Pa to paint the scenery and light up the sky. I worked one professional fireworks show and it was the hardest work I've ever done in my life, but man, WHAT A RUSH! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and I hope to hook up with Dave to get the pyrotechnics certificate and an eventual ATF license.

I'm leaving NY City behind. This place is lost. I'm going to be opening up a small office in the Exton/Downingtown/King of Prussia Area or any other area within 2.5 hours of NYC. We haven't settled on an exact area yet, so I'm open to suggestions. Also looking for a realtor, a new local accountant, and a bowling coach.

Anyway, not sure if I overdid the introduction so here is the link to my show. My finale fired early because the fuse sparked up my mortar rack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMc0IVaJLAM&t=25s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMc0IVaJLAM&t=25s

AJ Rhino
07-09-2020, 11:22 AM
Oh. A couple more things. I would love a contact at some of the wholesale suppliers as well as the recommendations on the different pyro organizations to join. I've never really explored any of this and I'm hoping to really get involved in the pyro community. Thank you for all the info.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk AJ--and soon to PA. The two main clubs working in the PA area are the CrackerJacks and PA PyroArtists. There are a LOT of Pyros in PA.
Both Al at FireArt and Joyce at Kneppys are in Central PA and are great people to deal with.
If you want info on the clubs, send me a PM.

Birdman
07-09-2020, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the board. I live in the lehigh Valley and it's a great place to live. Bethlehem and Easton are great little cities with a large arts community. In about 1.5 hours or less you can be in NYC, Philly, the Pocono Mountains and the Jersey shore. Also lots of access to pyro because it is on the NJ/PA border and right off RT 78. Lots of mom and pop shops in the Poconos where the city folk come to play in the summer. There's also display firework distributors in the area if you want to get your ATF.

PM me if you need any information or have any questions.

AJ Rhino
07-09-2020, 12:26 PM
PM Sent. Thank you.

AJ Rhino
03-07-2021, 11:53 AM
Ok. So I moved. I'm about 20 minutes from lancaster in Chester county. I am planning a huge party for the 4th this year and I need to get started.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-07-2021, 05:01 PM
Welcome to PA AJ. The Pyro Artists club is having an open shoot near Danville PA Zip 17821 on Sat March 20th.
If you would like to come and meet some fellow pyros as well as several great vendors, send me a private message and I will get the info to you. Joe

Birdman
03-07-2021, 08:48 PM
Ok. So I moved. I'm about 20 minutes from lancaster in Chester county. I am planning a huge party for the 4th this year and I need to get started.

Glad to hear you made the move and hope you like your new home.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-07-2021, 10:55 PM
AJ - Welcome to the boards. You will find no shortage of friendly and very knowledgeable pyro's here. PyroJoe is a GREAT contact/friend you need to make! The man knows his stuff, and he's in your area.

You sound like a very busy and ambitious guy. That's awesome if you can keep it all focused. Unlike bowling (something I used to love doing!), pyro can get you in a lot more trouble if you're not careful. Although, on my last league I did bowl with a guy that liked to throw his ball when he got PO'd. One of the reasons I quit! lol...

Anyway.. Welcome again! DOn't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

jknepp1954
03-08-2021, 08:32 AM
I missed this last year - but a belated WELCOME to Pyrotalk! Just don't piss off the AMISH near Lancaster! LOL
Hey If you need anything - we are in central PA - Kneppy's Fireworks! Join a pyro Club - and really get into the swing of this hobby!

AJ Rhino
03-08-2021, 09:39 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk AJ--and soon to PA. The two main clubs working in the PA area are the CrackerJacks and PA PyroArtists. There are a LOT of Pyros in PA.
Both Al at FireArt and Joyce at Kneppys are in Central PA and are great people to deal with.
If you want info on the clubs, send me a PM.

Yes. That sounds like a great time. I would love more information and will probably be able to make it. Is it day or night? I am definitely interested in meeting vendors, learning about the pro series product, setting up wholesale accounts, etc. Thank you for reaching out. I tried to send this in a private message, but it said your mailbox was full.

AJ Rhino
03-08-2021, 09:40 AM
I love the Amish. They are one of the reasons I moved here.

AJ Rhino
03-08-2021, 09:42 AM
AJ - Welcome to the boards. You will find no shortage of friendly and very knowledgeable pyro's here. PyroJoe is a GREAT contact/friend you need to make! The man knows his stuff, and he's in your area.

You sound like a very busy and ambitious guy. That's awesome if you can keep it all focused. Unlike bowling (something I used to love doing!), pyro can get you in a lot more trouble if you're not careful. Although, on my last league I did bowl with a guy that liked to throw his ball when he got PO'd. One of the reasons I quit! lol...

Anyway.. Welcome again! DOn't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

I'm watching your show. Fantastic.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-08-2021, 10:16 AM
Yes. That sounds like a great time. I would love more information and will probably be able to make it. Is it day or night? I am definitely interested in meeting vendors, learning about the pro series product, setting up wholesale accounts, etc. Thank you for reaching out. I tried to send this in a private message, but it said your mailbox was full.

That's strange--I will send you a PM on here shortly with information on time, location, my cell #, etc.
Feel free to call me if you need more info.

AJ Rhino
03-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Great. will do. Thank you. Can you point me in the right direction to a site where I can learn about scripting. I have zero knowledge or experience with this and would like to begin learning a bit.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-09-2021, 08:37 PM
I'm watching your show. Fantastic.

Thank you Sir! I appreciate that.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-09-2021, 08:41 PM
Great. will do. Thank you. Can you point me in the right direction to a site where I can learn about scripting. I have zero knowledge or experience with this and would like to begin learning a bit.

Try this video to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=micrquxWebw

Here's a link to the new web based version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudJNHNczOk

Hopefully that will get you going! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any help.

Rick

AJ Rhino
03-10-2021, 10:40 AM
Thank you @rickfromtampa. Ok. so Cobra comes with the main controller and one module, but if you want to spread the fireworks out, you need a second module. Each module has 18 different triggers which means you can light 18 fuses with one module. Am I correct on this. I'm sorry, I'm a total noob and what I've watched on youtube uses a lingo that I don't 100% understand yet.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-10-2021, 11:09 AM
The "standard" Cobra module [18M] has 18 cues..they also make bigger modules with 36M & 72M with 36 & 72 cues respectively. One cue = one ignition point. You do not have to have an individual cue for every item you want to light..ie- you can chain fuse a rack with 10 canister shells and light that one rack with one cue. Also, you can fuse up several cakes the same way. Some things-like 1.4g pro comets, mines, etc.have individual ports and require a dedicated igniter for each item [but there are also ways to do series chains]. We can talk about this at the shoot on the 20th.
The most difficult part of scripting a show is knowing what the individual products do--cakes are notorious for not having "accurate" timing. So once you have a general idea of what you want to do it is just a matter of seeing what product will give you the desired effect you want.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-10-2021, 08:22 PM
I am VERY happy to hear that Joe is taking you under his wing and he's going to show you how to make your cues go a lot further. Talking about series vs parallel; with or without slats; LiPo vs. 12V... It all makes my brain bleed.

Suffice it to say you can fire a lot more than 18 things with an 18M firing module. Last year I fired my entire show with just four 18M's and slats. It took me forever to wire everything up, but it worked. This year I'm using all 12 of my 18M's and I'm only running slats off of 2 of them. My hope is to drastically cut down on my setup time on the morning of the 4th.

That probably makes it sound like my show is 3 times bigger this year, but it's not. I actually have more product, but fewer cues in my script this year. I know none of what I'm saying makes sense right now, but believe me, when Joe gets his hands on you, and when you get your hands dirty wiring your effects, you'll see what I'm talking about.

AJ Rhino
03-11-2021, 03:44 PM
HA. Yes. Talking to Joe was one of the highlights of my week. In NYC, I'm the most knowledgable pyro I know and that's not saying a lot at all. I have done a show for 10 years and hundreds show up for it, but I've never been able to do what I really wanted to do. Now, I'm the least knowledgable and that is great. Joe. I'm a blank canvas. hah.