PDA

View Full Version : Sophomore show July 4th, 2020

N.E. Pyrotechnics
07-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Like the title says, this was our second "show". The first show was ok, but I had blown the ending by missing a cue early in the program. So if nothing else I was looking for a little redemption...
The day had nearly record heat and humidity. We started loading boards into vehicles at around noon. Everything went well with setup. We had about a half hour that we were watching an isolated shower look very menacing, but stayed to our east. Set was wrapped up about 2 hours before shoot time.
Unfortunately, the video got taken with the ISO on the camera cranked up. I did what I could to try to make it watchable without looking over-processed.
Would love to hear any feedback, suggestions, or constructive criticisms.
Thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Jqu9-uxHY

N.E. Pyrotechnics
07-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Please use the following link, something went wrong with the link above. I couldn't find a way to edit the original... Sorry

https://youtu.be/o92kR4iEhtM

Mattp
07-09-2020, 06:34 AM
that was great... it definitely makes life alot easier to do all cakes... but some shells mixed in does add another layer.. i really liked the products you have... what was that finale cake with the red and bluish/green tails up to breaks... that one was awesome!!!... great job overall!!

BeerGuyEd
07-09-2020, 01:00 PM
Great show. Very good pace. That was something watching my show I a lot of the cakes I chose had a slow pace, which makes the show slow too. I also want to know what that finale cake was.

N.E. Pyrotechnics
07-09-2020, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Looking back at the show, I have to agree that the cans do bring something to the table that is unique. I don't think I originally planned my concept without cans, it just worked out that way. I wanted to go between 9 and 10 minutes. That was where I landed at with just the cakes that I wanted to shoot, so I just ran with the concept. I don't know that I will do it again though. I really enjoy canister shells!
As for the finale product.... I'm fairly new here, and I don't want to break any rules or protocol here on the boards. If it is acceptable practice, I would be more than happy to share the names either in a private message or email. I'm just trying to be respectful of the community, and our host. I hope this doesn't get interpreted any other way.
Thanks again!

Big Worm
07-09-2020, 07:12 PM
Really great show! That finale cake looked very familiar. Lol

Mattp
07-10-2020, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the kind words. Looking back at the show, I have to agree that the cans do bring something to the table that is unique. I don't think I originally planned my concept without cans, it just worked out that way. I wanted to go between 9 and 10 minutes. That was where I landed at with just the cakes that I wanted to shoot, so I just ran with the concept. I don't know that I will do it again though. I really enjoy canister shells!
As for the finale product.... I'm fairly new here, and I don't want to break any rules or protocol here on the boards. If it is acceptable practice, I would be more than happy to share the names either in a private message or email. I'm just trying to be respectful of the community, and our host. I hope this doesn't get interpreted any other way.
Thanks again!

haha... yes, i completely understand where your going with that.. . but man.. what a really cool effect

AquaticPyro
07-10-2020, 06:40 AM
It was nice here, about 70 with almost no wind and clear skies. Apparently, it is always raining is PA from what I see in Dave's videos.

AquaticPyro
07-10-2020, 06:42 AM
I think my show was probably from a but after 10 to a little over 11 but I can check the time on the videos file names.

AquaticPyro
07-10-2020, 06:48 AM
My S10 allow editing of segments on the phone. I just pause it between segments. If it is H.264 which most camera use then use MKVToolNix GUI. I have used it for videos I have shot. The Samsung use H.265 and I can not figure out hot to turn it off so I can edit afterwards. I guess I just need to find H.265 editing software or a plug-in for MKVToolNix for splitting H.265 videos.