PDA

View Full Version : My 2020 July 4th Show

Mississippipyro
07-08-2020, 10:13 AM
We are still working on editing 2 ground videos and a drone video so for now just some pics.
This is my neighborhood show supported by my neighbors, last years donations 600, this year 2500. My show next year will have a pyro budget of 10k, not include equipment and everything else (one of you better give me a good deal lol)
Overall the show went off great the crowd of 2500 enjoyed it. It was a 38 min pyro musical using 15 positions 3 cobra 72ms 8000? of scab wire (ouch) 13 hours of setup in 104 heat index weather ( no rain, got lucky). With no experienced people for setup and near heat stroke conditions we ran out of setup time and I had to make a fast direction change and dump to program ( worked on it for 4 weeks, ugh) and push button fire the show while running up and down 1000 foot site hand lighting to fill gaps at 13 positions ( apparently the timing was spot on, some how and I couldn?t hear the music at all lol.
Lesson learned:
1. Scab wire sucks lol
2. Training two people, with zero experience of even ever seeing a pyro setup is stressful, but it wouldn?t have gone off without the help.
3. Using lots of single shot items is nearly impossible without slats and cables to reduce the scab wire.
4. I?m also done with making single shit racks ( in the market for 10 20+ shot adjustable single shot racks, if you sell them hit me up.

Pledge for next year:
1. Use 80% 1.4pro items
2. Use 0? scab wire
3. Purchase the 7k worth of equipment I have in my Cobra shopping cart.
4. Pre wire the single shot racks and have slats on each.
P.S if you?re selling equipment I?m buying :-)

Big Worm
07-09-2020, 09:38 AM
Looks like you were very busy! I'm a big fan of any show done by a MOpyro member. You guys and gals are very talented. Can't wait to see the video. I am also making the commitment to invest in COBRA this year. Scab wire sucks and is very time consuming!!!

Mattp
07-10-2020, 06:35 AM
cant wait to see the video.. those photos look amazing!!... and you have some high ambitions for next year..hopefully you could pull it all off... yeah ive become a fan of buy the longest possible initiators i can get... and having more equipment..lol