View Full Version : Firing system failure

TitaniumsalTDI
01-01-2012, 02:14 AM
I just recently purchased a firing system from a sponser on this website and had everything ready to go tonight and did a quick test with their igniters they sent with the system and none of them worked. Good thing i had some left over ematches. Well i get everything wired up ready to go, check continuity its all a go. clock strikes midnight, first button i press nothing, second nothing then i hit a button after almost having to walk up to the module and one match fires and three more. so out of 32 cues 4 fire. System had fresh batteries and everything looked good.
i want my money back!

indianahx
01-01-2012, 02:27 PM
4 out of 32 sounds pretty lousy.....sorry to hear about the bad luck!

Palermitano2
01-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Pretty frustrating....I ve been in that position before.... Was it the first time you used the system? and did you use e-matches or nicrome ignighters?

Pyro Nation
01-02-2012, 01:03 AM
if it was from a sponsor..what system was it..was it the superbfire 32??

pyromaniac
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
if it was from a sponsor..what system was it..was it the superbfire 32??
Wow,what a letdown. It has to be the superbfire 32. I remember they had a few problems with them a while back and did a recall on some of them. Maybe try using the other remote that came with it. That way you can eliminate a few things that could be wrong with it. Good luck and let us know how things turn out!

indianahx
01-02-2012, 02:18 PM
it that WAS the system you were referring to, i believe you can email them and they'll fix it. i believe the previous problem was from the wrong resistors being in place and they fixed them free of charge.............in any event, contact the advertiser and let them know the problem. i have yet to see a pyro company say "tough luck we wont help you". Good luck!

Pyro Nation
01-02-2012, 04:39 PM
If you do contact them and they do say as indiana said.. TOUGH LUCK...let us all know...

displayfireworks1
01-03-2012, 01:58 PM
It is unfortunate your display did not go as planned. It sounds like you had multiple failures from the match to the system. I would suggest some trouble shooting to see if it was the system or human error. Set up a test display using only the match and run through a sequence. Once you do that, the next step would be to contact the seller of the item if needed to let them know your findings.

GApyroCHICK
01-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I have the superbfire 32. Bought it after reading all the other posts on the "situation" going on with them and have had no trouble at all with it. Have shot 4 shows now with only human error. (I'm an idiot and didn't plug in some of the ques) I have used all 32 ques and used muliple ignitors in some of the ques with no problems. (I'm just sad that I have no footage!)
I called and talked to Dave from Quantum Fire before I bought it and he took the time to explain a lot of things to me. He seemed like a pretty decent guy. I would hate for people to get the wrong idea about a system or a company, without having any firsthand experience.
Titanium, I'm sorry about your shows! If this, in fact the sytem you have, and the company you got them from, I too, like the others that have had personal experience with Quantum, feel that if you call them, they will take care of you!
Good luck again!

indianahx
01-03-2012, 06:37 PM
........sure would like to know what system we have been trouble shooting.......

crackerbomb
01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I've never used a firing system, but I plan on getting a system before this summer. My question would be what ignighters to get?

BigMO
01-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I just recently purchased a firing system from a sponser on this website and had everything ready to go tonight and did a quick test with their igniters they sent with the system and none of them worked. Good thing i had some left over ematches. Well i get everything wired up ready to go, check continuity its all a go. clock strikes midnight, first button i press nothing, second nothing then i hit a button after almost having to walk up to the module and one match fires and three more. so out of 32 cues 4 fire. System had fresh batteries and everything looked good.
i want my money back!

Real quick question... What was the temp when you were firing this show?

Pyro Nation
01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I've never used a firing system, but I plan on getting a system before this summer. My question would be what ignighters to get?

Do you have your type 54???

well, im sure everyone will have there opinion, but I would say go with the Talon II igniters.. I had great success with them

crackerbomb
01-03-2012, 10:51 PM
I do not have a 54. I'm looking into that but storage will be a big pain. I have the property and the tools to build a storage bunker, but the wife says it will be a eye sore. Plus I really don't know what I would need to build a shed. I could make it out of blocks or I could weld a shed up. Any help with this would be great also.

Pyro Nation
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
I do not have a 54. I'm looking into that but storage will be a big pain. I have the property and the tools to build a storage bunker, but the wife says it will be a eye sore. Plus I really don't know what I would need to build a shed. I could make it out of blocks or I could weld a shed up. Any help with this would be great also.

Would have to say look into the contingency first... If you can get the orange book (ATF Bible) it outlines what is needed..
I know a lot have used old shipping containers and converted over to storage... There are quite a few reg's in terms of distance from road, water source, habitable building, etc etc....

crackerbomb
01-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Would have to say look into the contingency first... If you can get the orange book (ATF Bible) it outlines what is needed..
I know a lot have used old shipping containers and converted over to storage... There are quite a few reg's in terms of distance from road, water source, habitable building, etc etc....

Thats why storage is a issue. I would be shooting the big stuff of in Indiana at my wifes grandmothers. She lives 2 hours away and I have no place to store the fireworks, unless I put them in a empty grain bin...lol

indianahx
01-04-2012, 03:45 AM
Empty grain bin will not pass atf regulations. 2 hours away might also be an issue. You must be able to inventory your product weekly, as well as be able to return product to your storage in the event you can't shoot everything on your specific date. They will consider that distance of the mag in their decision.

Also, you can't just cross the Indiana line and shoot 1.3 because its a fireworks friendly state. Check out the Indiana dept of homeland security webpage for info on what must be done to shoot 1.3 fireworks. Just a tid bit from the site: you fill out a permit app (with fee) , attatched a shooters resume, you have to have the AHJ approve the location as well as sign off on your app (which also states he has approved your site and acknowleges your proof of insurance). Not trying to detract you from shooting here but there's more to it than just getting your license and jumping state lines.

The batfe type 54 allows you to purchase and store 1.3g fireworks, it does not permit you to shoot them.
So far, I have only used mine to buy ematch and quicmatch.....baby steps. I also used Daves video packaged as a reference when filling mine out btw....

TitaniumsalTDI
01-04-2012, 10:34 AM
sorry for the delay guys, it was the superbfire 32 cue and i did call down to quantum, the guy dave was really nice and wants the system back immediately to check it out and he is also sending me a brand new one. he said could be a problem with the power from the batteries in the system to the matches that there was a possible problem of them not using the power supplied. but i will let you guys know what he finds out. but he backed up his product and told me that they should be 100 percent reliable.

TitaniumsalTDI
01-04-2012, 10:36 AM
yes i did have electric matches that i made myself from a diy kit on pyro direct, this summer i used them with a nail board and they all worked without fail! No type 54 yet here wondering if its worth my while to get it being ohio is so unfriendly towards fireworks.

indianahx
01-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Don't let the "unfriendly" part keep you from getting it. "ohio" can't tell you no just to say no. There's nothing wrong with having it, even if it means joining a club and attending a few shoots, or shooter training courses, or working for a display company. Like I said earlier, I got mine and for the time being have only used it for match. That alone has made firing 100% easier. It's like guns/condoms.....rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

pyromaniac
01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Well, Since you live in Ohio, having your own storage is out the question. Ohio only allows places of business to have a storage magazine. The only exception is black powder in 1lb cans for sporting and recreational use only. There is even regulations on how you store your BP cans too. Don't let that stop you though, there are plenty of options for contingency storage.

sorry for the delay guys, it was the superbfire 32 cue and i did call down to quantum, the guy dave was really nice and wants the system back immediately to check it out and he is also sending me a brand new one. he said could be a problem with the power from the batteries in the system to the matches that there was a possible problem of them not using the power supplied. but i will let you guys know what he finds out. but he backed up his product and told me that they should be 100 percent reliable.
Wow, that's great to hear! With most electronics being made overseas, you can expect some failure rate. It is great to know that they stand behind their products 100%. To me customer service is everything.

floridapyro
01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Well as far as the 32 system goes there were a bunch of problems with them. You can follow the thread on another forum p.m. me if you want info. Dave is a good guy though dealt with him for fw and he was great to work with.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
One thing to remember is that a complete unit is only as reliable as the weakest component used in the unit. I've seen $3500.00 commercial power amplifiers fail during a concert because of a faulty diode that probably cost lest than ten cents!
Design is another issue, though. If the design is flawed, it needs to be fixed. I've also seen [and had to deal with] that.
The Pyro Industry seems to be a pretty close knit family & I'm sure nobody wants to be the seller of a product with issues--hence the very good customer service we see from most suppliers & vendors. New products go through a time/reliability test with us as the "lab rats" for the product. Our input & suggestions to improve/change/add features usually are welcomed as constructive input.
Glad to see your problem was resolved with professional courtesy.