PDA

View Full Version : Timing

clemenslee1
07-07-2020, 01:37 PM
I'm sure this might have already been covered before, but how do you guys implement space timing wise between cakes or racks etc.? Do you guys like to fire short bursts throughout with some singles, leading up to the final barrage? All this to maybe stretch product out if on a smaller budget.

CozmicRooster
07-07-2020, 02:02 PM
There are as many answers as there are people with an opinion. It all depends on what kind of effect you want. Early in the show I had a single rack which overlapped the cake before it to make a transition, then I shot a double rack with a 15s/ft fuse at the same time as a double cake combo for a combined effect, then my finale was 3 racks and 2 cakes all at once. If I had a firing system I probably would have done more single and combo rack shots but was limited to fusing this year. You can do some really cool stuff on a small budget if you invest in some tubes and build your own racks. Milk crates make a great starter rack. I used 9 of them this year in different configurations and it worked quite well. I’m still a noob so there are others that will have even better advice. Good luck.