PDA

View Full Version : New PGI Sanction Announced

AxeElf
07-07-2020, 01:07 AM
After viewing the early videos from this year's 4th of July fireworks shows, the Pyrotechnics Guild International has announced that there will now be a mandatory full point deduction for any pyromusical soundtrack utilizing the song "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC.

"We want our people to be as creative with their music as they are with their fireworks."

Ok, not really, but c'mon man...

PyroKing31
07-09-2020, 10:33 AM
It should be. There's millions of songs out there.

Birdman
07-09-2020, 12:09 PM
Thunderstruck, in my opinion, is the Mary had a Little Lamb of pyromusicals. It's a great song to get your feet wet when learning to compose a pyromusical. I suspect many want a second chance at it after they have more experience, more cues, access to better product etc. I know I will some day. So I would cut some slack. In my defense it's also a 4th of July anthem of sorts in our family. The younger ones use to play a drinking game to that song.

It could be worse. We could be seeing show after show with Katy Perry's Firework!

Scotty Rockets
07-09-2020, 11:52 PM
Fake news...

rfgonzo
07-10-2020, 12:35 AM
Thunderstruck, in my opinion, is the Mary had a Little Lamb of pyromusicals. It's a great song to get your feet wet when learning to compose a pyromusical. I suspect many want a second chance at it after they have more experience, more cues, access to better product etc. I know I will some day. So I would cut some slack. In my defense it's also a 4th of July anthem of sorts in our family. The younger ones use to play a drinking game to that song.

It could be worse. We could be seeing show after show with Katy Perry's Firework!

LMBO My first PM had Katy Perry Firework in it. I still get made fun of for it. :eek:

PyroKing31
07-10-2020, 07:11 AM
LMBO My first PM had Katy Perry Firework in it. I still get made fun of for it. :eek:

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?

Rick_In_Tampa
07-12-2020, 02:28 AM
Thunderstruck was made for pyro! It may have been used a million times in the past, but this year was the first year I've used it and my crowd loved it! I used "Fuel" by Metallica 3 or 4 years ago, along with Toby Keith's Courtesy of the red white and blue. I'm thinking about using the entire soundtrack again for next years show, for the reasons Birdman mentioned.