PDA

View Full Version : possible deadly error of professional BATFE type 54 holder with consumer product?

hatsgoods
07-07-2020, 12:01 AM
I HOLD A BATFE TYPE 54 AND I NOT PERFECT AND NEVER WILL BE, HOWEVER IF CRAP WENT WRONG I WOULD OF BEEN DEAD. THE FIRST CLIP OF THIS VIDEO I WAS SHOT LATE AT LIKE 11:30 PM AT NIGHT SO I WAS TIERED, THE DAYTIME FOOTAGE WAS THE NEXT AFTERNOON. tell what you notice or where in this video i messed up. thank God nothing happened. the saying you learn every day is so true. this video was made about 3 years ago and yea, i was federally licensed and still if shit went wrong i would be dead. live and learn peeps! seasoned pyro vets or a complete newby. just be safe out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKeG7QbXURA .

215less
07-07-2020, 06:42 AM
Jezzzz. Anything can happen with volatile elements. Ive always double and triple checked items or set-ups. Even then, things can still go wrong, always be safe and and stay level headed. Short cuts, fatigue and under the influence can all also affect poor judgement. I know i sound like a States fireworks safety brochure but it is the true. Be safe Ya!!!!!

chetubet
07-07-2020, 10:25 AM
I'm no expert so help a noob out... I never really dissect stuff and just stick to shooting... I'm guessing the deadly error in the video begins around 2:10 timestamp?

BMoore
07-07-2020, 11:21 AM
The thing I noticed is that you had the device pointed toward your body, face and hand briefly while poking it and while inserting the e-match. Honestly if I wasn't looking for an error I'm not sure I would have noticed. I'm still not sure if that's even what you are referring to. We all probably commit potentially fatal errors nearly every time we shoot. Friday night I caught myself laying my tape and anvil cutters on top of a loaded 3" rack reaching over loaded mortars every time I picked it up. Probably did this 10 times before it hit me that I was being an idiot.

FinnAmerican
07-07-2020, 03:10 PM
"Sammy's Best" single shot tube in video.
Recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission in June 2019.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5168&stc=1

hatsgoods
07-08-2020, 02:03 PM
yea have the mortar pointed at me instead of away from me but the main thing is just as the video changes to outside for the firing of it i bang both cake tube on the table that are live and have ematch in them. not ematch but consumer ematch of the firewires. they not as sensitive as regular ematch that you need a fed type 54 users permit to buy and use. but still treat all firewire like real ematch on how real / regular ematch is shock sensitive, friction and static to any of those alone or put together well set it off.

hatsgoods
07-08-2020, 02:06 PM
main mess up is time mark 4 : 08 ish mins into video from beginning.

BMoore
07-08-2020, 05:19 PM

Ahhh, I didn't even pick up on that. So were you e-matching indoors? I assumed it was a table outside. If you are indoors that might actually be your first mistake. I'm still thinking poking and matching while pointing the product towards your body may be the biggest potential deadly error. If they went off when you hit them on the table it wouldn't be pretty but probably wouldn't be deadly unless you had your face over them. Good video. As I said, if I wasn't looking for problems I wouldn't have thought anything negative about any of it. Great reminder to stay alert and that the simplest of mistakes are sometimes the costliest.

hatsgoods
07-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Ahhh, I didn't even pick up on that. So were you e-matching indoors? I assumed it was a table outside. If you are indoors that might actually be your first mistake. I'm still thinking poking and matching while pointing the product towards your body may be the biggest potential deadly error. If they went off when you hit them on the table it wouldn't be pretty but probably wouldn't be deadly unless you had your face over them. Good video. As I said, if I wasn't looking for problems I wouldn't have thought anything negative about any of it. Great reminder to stay alert and that the simplest of mistakes are sometimes the costliest.

yea i was in my garage but but my side door and main door open and a clear path to each exit. i dont ematch or quickmatch stuff indoors unless fast visco and or firewires since less violent.

hatsgoods
07-08-2020, 05:39 PM
"Sammy's Best" single shot tube in video.
Recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission in June 2019.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5168&stc=1

overloaded 1.4G is mostly 1.3G . i know how to use and handle 1.3G i deal with 1.3 class B shit all the time.

AquaticPyro
07-10-2020, 05:01 AM

Yeah, banging on any firework is NEVER a good idea. Other then that is was not bad.

AquaticPyro
07-10-2020, 05:40 AM
I will find a way to "dispose" of them safely. Send them!