PDA

View Full Version : New from Illinois

Mudballs
07-06-2020, 10:26 PM
A backyard pyro looking to put on a better backyard shows for friends and family. Started over 20 years ago with a torch in hand and running around like a nut with a few buddies. 4 years ago I purchased cobra system with 3 - 18m's. Now would like to learn more about creating a show instead of just firing up stuff. Would like to learn how to purchase pro line 1.4 products to add to the show. Lastly like to talk/meet Pryos from Illinois to find out best ways to go about getting fireworks in this state.

Maknobsta
07-07-2020, 09:29 PM
Hello from northern Illinois area.

Mudballs
07-07-2020, 09:40 PM
I am in LaSalle-Peru area.

FWGuy
07-09-2020, 05:43 PM
Hello from Northern Illinois. Long time pyro here that got the bug decades ago and been putting on shows for family, friends, and our neighborhood for years. These forums have been incredibly informative and took me from getting excited about hand lighting individual bottle rockets (back in the day) and being amazed at a single 200g gram repeater, to now buying cases of product and having way more fun ;) and doing it safely.

Mudballs
07-09-2020, 06:50 PM
Maybe you can share with me how to go about buying cases(wholesale) in Illinois. I started looking into this year, but never pulled the trigger. Do you drive and pick up the stuff or do you have them shipped directly to you?

Robbro097
07-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Maybe you can share with me how to go about buying cases(wholesale) in Illinois. I started looking into this year, but never pulled the trigger. Do you drive and pick up the stuff or do you have them shipped directly to you?

I dont think places ship fireworks to Illinois from my limited search so youd have to order and pick it up (avoid driving in2 your state with a load of fireworks near july) . I dont know where they are in relationship to you likely a good drive but casabella pyrotechnic in indiana does have 1.4 pro stuff and they accept daves ap certification. Since you already have a cobra getting that shouldnt be a problem, they also do wholesale theres likely someplace closer but they are a sponser and iv heard nothing but good stuff about them so worth exploring.

Mudballs
07-09-2020, 07:32 PM
I dont think places ship fireworks to Illinois from my limited search so youd have to order and pick it up (avoid driving in2 your state with a load of fireworks near july) . I dont know where they are in relationship to you likely a good drive but casabella pyrotechnic in indiana does have 1.4 pro stuff and they accept daves ap certification. Since you already have a cobra getting that shouldnt be a problem, they also do wholesale theres likely someplace closer but they are a sponser and iv heard nothing but good stuff about them so worth exploring.

Casabella is in Lanesville IN I believe. That is about 5 1/2 hour drive one way from me. So not impossible to go there and back in a day but not ideal either. If only this tax hungry state would just legalize fireworks. I was looking into Dave's ap certification last night. For sure something I am thinking about doing.

displayfireworks1
07-09-2020, 07:35 PM
A backyard pyro looking to put on a better backyard shows for friends and family. Started over 20 years ago with a torch in hand and running around like a nut with a few buddies. 4 years ago I purchased cobra system with 3 - 18m's. Now would like to learn more about creating a show instead of just firing up stuff. Would like to learn how to purchase pro line 1.4 products to add to the show. Lastly like to talk/meet Pryos from Illinois to find out best ways to go about getting fireworks in this state.

If you own a Cobra Fireworks Firing System and want to purchase Articles of Pyrotechnics products , I offer a continuing education program that is accepted by the distributors listed on my website AP certificate page here
http://www.pyrotalk.com/ap-certificate.php
Cobra has mutlple videos on their website and YouTube that explain their software.

CozmicRooster
07-09-2020, 09:12 PM
Springfield, IL here. I have ordered 1.4G by the pallet and picked it up at the freight terminal in Springfield. No special requirements. I also travel regionally for my job and pick up from dealers I have found.

Welcome to the forums.

Mudballs
07-09-2020, 10:09 PM
Springfield, IL here. I have ordered 1.4G by the pallet and picked it up at the freight terminal in Springfield. No special requirements. I also travel regionally for my job and pick up from dealers I have found.

Welcome to the forums.

I know some of the wholesale sites say they will ship to Illinois terminal, but I was worried when I went to get them, the men in blue would be there to take my fun away. Sounds like you have had no issues which helps me worry little less.

CozmicRooster
07-09-2020, 10:19 PM
I know some of the wholesale sites say they will ship to Illinois terminal, but I was worried when I went to get them, the men in blue would be there to take my fun away. Sounds like you have had no issues which helps me worry little less.

It’s no problem with the 1.4G consumer products. The 1.3G Display Fireworks are regulated by IDNR and the State Fire Marshal and you have to be licensed to possess and transport. It’s legal in IL to possess and transport 1.4G (under 1,001lbs without a hazmat license) as far as State authorities. It is illegal to fire them without proper local permits and licensing, which is a whole other issue in and of itself depending where you live and your local governing authority.

Mudballs
07-09-2020, 10:25 PM
So I just have to order 1/2 a ton at a time. :cool:

FWGuy
07-09-2020, 10:44 PM
Minimum order size may actually surprise you and depends on which wholesaler you approach and whether they are part of this forum. Keep in mind you get considerably more bang ;) for your buck buying wholesale.

CozmicRooster
07-09-2020, 11:35 PM
Minimum order size may actually surprise you and depends on which wholesaler you approach and whether they are part of this forum. Keep in mind you get considerably more bang ;) for your buck buying wholesale.

Bring a van. 1 pallet took me 3 trips to the storage locker in my car lol. I also highly recommend using a forum advertised wholesaler. You can be confident you will get great product at a great price with great customer service.

Crush630
07-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Welcome fellow IL tax payer... Yes I do not like JB

Mudballs
07-10-2020, 09:58 PM
Welcome fellow IL tax payer... Yes I do not like JB

Got to love this tax state. No longer land of Lincoln, but land of taxes.

RWank
07-14-2020, 12:35 PM
I KNOW that Big FW, WF Boom, Forever Fireworks, and Spirit of 76 ALL ship pallets to Illinois; this year I received pallets to my house (and wheeled to my garage) from RL Carriers and USF Holland. Easy-peasy to buy and receive. I'm new here too, getting ready to post my "Hello", and wanted to chime in here. I am also in Springfield, Illinois, and am getting ready to go full ATF as Dave recommends! Lots of hoops in Illinois it seems, to "stay above the table".

RWank
07-14-2020, 12:36 PM
Getting ready to post my "hello", and saw this thread/your post. Excited to see another in Springfield. Looking forward to a life full of fun explosions. ;-)

Crush630
07-14-2020, 12:56 PM
Getting ready to post my "hello", and saw this thread/your post. Excited to see another in Springfield. Looking forward to a life full of fun explosions. ;-)

Ill be getting another horseshoe this weekend

FWGuy
07-15-2020, 04:36 PM
Bring a van. 1 pallet took me 3 trips to the storage locker in my car lol. I also highly recommend using a forum advertised wholesaler. You can be confident you will get great product at a great price with great customer service.

Exactly CR...stick with the wholesalers who support these forums and you will access to some great product...darn, looks like there are a lot of us who like sending our hard earned tax dollars to Springfield ;)

Mudballs
07-15-2020, 06:25 PM
Exactly CR...stick with the wholesalers who support these forums and you will access to some great product...darn, looks like there are a lot of us who like sending our hard earned tax dollars to Springfield ;)

I am pretty sure our tax money does not go to Springfield. Guessing it goes straight to the crooks pockets in Chicago called politicians.

Crush630
07-16-2020, 09:07 AM
I am pretty sure our tax money does not go to Springfield. Guessing it goes straight to the crooks pockets in Chicago called politicians.

I hate Chicago too. All crooks. Crook County

FWGuy
07-16-2020, 12:39 PM

You are indeed right!

rlivigni
07-28-2020, 04:34 PM
new hello from ilinois right across river from st louis

lostpup
08-04-2020, 07:11 PM
been lurking for awhile and taking the full on plunge 1.3g. In process of type 54 as we speak. Im in South Eastern Illinois. I am just outside the 150 mile circle of Casabala but still close enough I hope. There are 2 other wholesalers closer that I'm going to talk to and try getting them here with Dave. My question. The illinois laws and hoops you have to go thru seem excessive compared to other bordering states. I know shouldn't suprise me. Are there any type 54 permit holders on here that can help walk me thru the Illinois insurance, training and display user fees. Im PM is okay if you would rather help there. I also understand it is help pointing me in right direction not gospel and I need to double check stuff. My local authorities and fire department shouldn't be a major issue. Its the state hoops I'm worried about.

Crush630
08-05-2020, 02:42 PM
been lurking for awhile and taking the full on plunge 1.3g. In process of type 54 as we speak. Im in South Eastern Illinois. I am just outside the 150 mile circle of Casabala but still close enough I hope. There are 2 other wholesalers closer that I'm going to talk to and try getting them here with Dave. My question. The illinois laws and hoops you have to go thru seem excessive compared to other bordering states. I know shouldn't suprise me. Are there any type 54 permit holders on here that can help walk me thru the Illinois insurance, training and display user fees. Im PM is okay if you would rather help there. I also understand it is help pointing me in right direction not gospel and I need to double check stuff. My local authorities and fire department shouldn't be a major issue. Its the state hoops I'm worried about.

you will never be able to afford to shoot private shows in IL. you also need your IDNR explosives lics and state fire marshal operators lics. IL is a joke. Really stupid.

lostpup
08-06-2020, 05:36 PM
That is what I'm finding out. Is it possible to be under someone else as a operator and they are distributor? I mean the $100 each for operator and IDNR fee's are reasonable. Not that I agree with them but not unmanageable for a hobbyist. The million dollar insurance policies and distributor license at 500 to shoot 1 show a year for friends and Family is crazy. Looks like a person still needs the classes and some insurance for 1.4 stuff. I will be in contact with the Proper people as this moves along. Just really discouraging the way you have to jump thru such hoops in Illinois as a hobbyist.