PDA

View Full Version : MJG Initiators

gnavarr
07-06-2020, 08:16 PM
So I've been lighting shows for the last 5 years and using some form of electronic firing system for the last 3. This year was my first time using the MJG Initiators and it was the first time I showed continuity on EVERY single cue without having to check/change/switch out an igniter. I will NEVER use talons ever again lol.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2020, 12:13 AM
Yeah.... Talons are useless as far as I'm concerned. I don't use them unless absolutely necessary.

rfgonzo
07-07-2020, 12:46 AM
Talons are a 4 letter word in my house.

AxeElf
07-07-2020, 01:03 AM
I will NEVER use talons ever again lol.

Talons are useless as far as I'm concerned.

Talons are a 4 letter word in my house.

I guess I'm the only one they work for? ::: shrugs :::

jamisonlm3
07-07-2020, 01:57 AM
Talons are fine, but they don't give instant fire.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2020, 06:09 AM
I started my show a few years ago with some fountains and visco was my only option. So I used 4 talons and they all worked. Surprised the snot out of me. Before that, I had 2 out of 3 fail on my finale mortar racks. There just to unreliable for me to ever want to use again.

gnavarr
07-07-2020, 10:50 AM
I guess I'm the only one they work for? ::: shrugs :::

They worked but are so finicky when it comes to continuity. Like I mentioned in my original post, every time I'd turn the system on to check everything there would always be a few cues that didn't show continuity. Since the MJG Initiators don't rely on that fragile filament for continuity this year was the first time I turned on my system and everything showed perfect continuity. So to reiterate, talons absolutely work, but MJG Initiators have far less of a failure rate and as also mentioned can be used to instant-fire products so you don't have to factor in fuse to your timing.

Arclight
07-07-2020, 11:58 AM
I bought some to try out for a blasting application, and I am impressed with the quality control and consistency. I've also have "professional" e-match and I really can't tell the difference. They come neatly folded and packed just like electric blasting caps that cost $7.50/ea.