PDA

View Full Version : july 4th 2020 show

Mattp
07-06-2020, 08:37 AM
this year was way scaled down due to you guessed it "corona"... and not having my usual shoot site..this was a last minute put together.. safety and distance/proximity was my #1 concern... was scripted and timed out..using mostly straight up items and was only one to two items at a time.. was very happy with how it went off, and was pretty much exactly what i envisioned it being so limited on space... on a plus note... i will use my already fully scripted and purchased products next year.. hopefully !!! i also used my cobra for the first time.. and boy is a great piece of equipment... also first time making a board.. used a pallet and prewired it all... i will try to do this also from now on!!.. quick funny story.. i built the pallet board measuring to make sure it will fit in my pickup bed for transport... forgetting to make sure it will fit through my gate.. lol... had to call a few neighbors to help lift it over and out... and it was heavy!!!.. LOL

here it is with some setup photos... and yes.. those are my american flag socks!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy3WhDfRtc8

Jay_
07-06-2020, 11:45 AM
Matt, that was awesome!! For a close proximity site, it looks like you used up every inch of it! When you ripped that slice and you could hear everybody gasp....that is why we do this!

Love the cake at the end, also what cake is that at at 1:23? I really like it too

chetubet
07-06-2020, 12:00 PM
Really awesome show! I love how you have it all set up in the middle of an intersection... did you have to block of the roads and close down the block?

Mattp
07-06-2020, 07:45 PM
thanks guys,, the cake at 1:23 was a 36 shot gold strobe from SO76
also i placed the pallet board in a spot so cars can get around it on all 4 sides while being setup.. and there were a few people on each road to stop any cars from coming...or direct them to drive around it.. isnt a heavily traveled road and actually one guy pulled over to watch... as you can hear when it gets silent for a few seconds there was fireworks going off all around us

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2020, 12:48 AM
Very nice Matt! Like some have already said, you sure made good use of the space you had. Looked pretty tight from the video. Love the SO76 effects. Can spot them in any show. Great job!

PyroGyro
07-07-2020, 07:06 PM
good show and love the exclamation point at the end. What was the cake?

CozmicRooster
07-07-2020, 08:14 PM
Very nice and clean. I loved those directional breaks toward the beginning. I don’t think I would have tried a show like that in that space lol. Kudos.

Mattp
07-08-2020, 06:08 AM
Thanks guys.. appreciate it.. the exclamation point was a few different finale cakes at the same time... a crackle finale.. a whistle finale both from SO76... and plus one I “can’t remember the name of”

Funny,, I know I did everything I could with safety in mind... and when it was over cleaned the street like nothing happened... but there was so much going on all around us... made me feel like I could’ve and should’ve gone bigger .... but still very glad I didn’t. Before my bro got the property in PA I used to shoot on that street corner for over 20 years ... and before I cared about safety... it got pretty stupid after a while ... older and wiser.. lol

BeerGuyEd
07-08-2020, 08:17 AM
Loved the show Matt. I know it wasn't what you had planned but a great show is fun to watch regardless.

N.E. Pyrotechnics
07-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Very nice show. Big presence in the sky for all of the restrictions you were working with. I love making boards. I tried using smaller boards this shoot, and obviously more, but the smaller boards made transport and carrying much, much easier.

chriskrc
07-09-2020, 03:19 PM
Nice show looked really good.