PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July 2020 LA Drone Footage

jamisonlm3
07-05-2020, 10:46 PM
This popped up on my youtube recomended. I've seen a few videos like this, but I'm still amazed how just how widespread it is in LA. Here, all consumer fireworks are legal except bottle rockets with a diameter under 1/2". It's my understanding that LA bans everything. Despite that, it means nothing as you can see in video. I'm curious if it's because of the ban or if it has more to do with population desnity. People in my area shoot fireworks on the usual days, but nothing like the guys in LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIvdcdogC6k

mikepete777
07-06-2020, 11:03 AM
Saw a few of those in my YT recommends as well from multiple cities, enjoyed the festivities this year as much as the big shows.

Mattp
07-06-2020, 11:57 AM
i dont know how many accidents or injuries there were this year.. but i havent heard of any major ones on the news... and if the number is low.. now would be a good time to push for more states to legalize them.. even if just for the holidays... can show how they've been going off constantly in these places for over a month now,, with no major issues..(except unanswered noise complaints).. if they regulate it and permit it for holidays only... with all these states budgets hurting right now.. would be a new revenue stream.. i still doubt theyd go for it... but would be a good time to try

jamisonlm3
07-06-2020, 12:24 PM
Mattp, I agree, but I doubt it as well. I think it's more about control than anything. When I watch local news from various areas, it seems they always repeat the same line that revolves around leaving the fireworks to trained professionals. My city bans them, but it's the same every year. I'd like to at least have the 4th and new years to be able to do it legally. Unlike in the much larger cities like LA, fireworks outside of those two days is rare. You might hear them the day before and after, but outside of that, it's very rare. The worst thing I've seen so far is a house fire started in Brooklyn (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCEpxk-b5g). It seems to have started when someone wasn't watching where a roman candle was shooting. A star went through an open window and started the fire. By the time it was noticed, it was too late.

Arclight
07-06-2020, 01:34 PM
Someone set the news footage to the Blade Runner theme music. Warms my heart:

https://vimeo.com/435520174

AquaticPyro
07-10-2020, 05:29 AM
i dont know how many accidents or injuries there were this year.. but i havent heard of any major ones on the news... and if the number is low.. now would be a good time to push for more states to legalize them.. even if just for the holidays... can show how they've been going off constantly in these places for over a month now,, with no major issues..(except unanswered noise complaints).. if they regulate it and permit it for holidays only... with all these states budgets hurting right now.. would be a new revenue stream.. i still doubt theyd go for it... but would be a good time to try

There were 2 in my county but one was some moron walking around with an assault weapon that shot someone by accident. The other was some moron firing a mortar from a boat. He fell and over and blast himself. Just the same morons out there every day.