PDA

View Full Version : new here, assortment dissapointment

caleb90
07-05-2020, 09:58 PM
Hello all new here, i just did a fireworks show for the first time in some years. was for the 4th/gender reviel of the newest baby. went to my local shop Mess's fireworks in NE PA great place, but was so packed i couldnt look much, being pressed for time i grabed an assortment with fountains cakes and morters. after getting it back home and taking a look i was dissapointed. so a few days later i went back and picked up a few more morters 200gram and 350gram cakes. i am so glad i did, first time trying an assortment like that and every thing in it was weak, granted after counting every thing out each piece cost 3.50 or so. but i just got to ask, is this the norm for assortments or do you need to buy better kits? from a price point it seems great, but from the boom factor we got it wasnt.. thoughts please

Mattp
07-05-2020, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forum... have to agree with you about those assortments... you are going to be better off just buying the stuff you want .. those kits are good to have a few random things to light off and have some fun.. but if you want to have a show you will definitely rather buy some 350and 500g cakes .. if you take a look through the forums past threads you see that’s the general consensus

patsy
07-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Welcome!!!
Like with Mattp said assortments are good for people who just want to have some fun lighting a few fireworks throughout the evening. Some assortments are better then others but always found them to be rather restrictive for the price. If you want to put on a show and save some money then yes you definately are better off buying seperate products.

caleb90
07-06-2020, 12:44 PM
i always used to pick all my own out, so it was a real shocker when i opened the assortment up. just feeling how light the cakes in it were the give away. just feel bad about it, as i took my friend with me and was his first time fireworks shopping. he got over whelmed from the crowd along with me and ended up with the same kit.i should have known better and had us deal with the people and get a better show. i know mine would have been a flop if i hadnt gone back

Pgdark19
07-06-2020, 02:02 PM
If you go a bit further south to new milford/gibson area, there's a couple more stores. one is definitely better. pay attention to when there are a buy one/get one deals. hard to beat the pricing then. I picked up just a couple items from mess's this year. stuff I didn't see elsewhere.

caleb90
07-06-2020, 02:45 PM
If you go a bit further south to new milford/gibson area, there's a couple more stores. one is definitely better. pay attention to when there are a buy one/get one deals. hard to beat the pricing then. I picked up just a couple items from mess's this year. stuff I didn't see elsewhere.

i checked out the other stores prices on line and mess's seemed to be the cheaper place. but with out going there they could have had sales that werent listed online. plus mess's is litterly 10min over the hill from me

Salutecake
07-06-2020, 07:33 PM
Like Pgdark19 said go another 10 minutes and check out Gibson, there are a couple of places there. And I believe Dave says pick one item to price, 16k firecrackers, and whoever is the the least expensive on those is probably the least expensive overall.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2020, 12:53 AM
Save this link and give them a try early next year. The price on the website says $485, but it usually sells for around $295. Great products. Hard to beat the price for this size assortment.

http://www.patrioticfireworks.com/site/index.php?page=ultimate-aerial-assortment

caleb90
07-07-2020, 08:47 AM
next year i will look more into it. id like to get back into doing small shows again

caleb90
07-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Save this link and give them a try early next year. The price on the website says $485, but it usually sells for around $295. Great products. Hard to beat the price for this size assortment.

http://www.patrioticfireworks.com/site/index.php?page=ultimate-aerial-assortment

so i was looking at that site, really good prices but it got me thinking about shipping. i have never ordered fireworks before, i do alot of fire arm reloading and primers and powder have a hazmat fee. what about fire works? also i live in a non friendly state, ends in york. can you still have them shipped?

Theinkdon
07-07-2020, 09:51 PM
I don't know about shipping into NY (I'm guessing not), but I can give you a data point on shipping. In 2018 I ordered 23 cases from a retailer/wholesale in WI, and shipping for that 1 pallet (6' high, but I don't recall the weight) to me in Atlanta was $299. That was shipped to a freight terminal sort of near me, then I had to go pick it up. You can have them dropped at your house, but you have to pay for liftgate service, and that's typically about $150 extra I was told. Next year I'm going with wfboom in Ohio, and just eyeballing the distances I'm guessing shipping will be about ~$200. Hope that helps.

Pgdark19
07-07-2020, 10:13 PM
seriously, just go to gibson, pa in the spring. BOGO storewide... that means $35 for box of excals. 500g cakes $22-$25.

Mattp
07-08-2020, 05:35 AM
so i was looking at that site, really good prices but it got me thinking about shipping. i have never ordered fireworks before, i do alot of fire arm reloading and primers and powder have a hazmat fee. what about fire works? also i live in a non friendly state, ends in york. can you still have them shipped?

LOL... definitely cannot have fireworks shipped to NY... but depending where in this YORK state you live.. patriotic is not very far at all... just over MD border... or if your more N/NW... PA has plenty of good options... just gotta find them