View Full Version : First Time Putting On a Show With Large Audience

chetubet
07-05-2020, 02:43 AM
https://youtu.be/gSh-pPstiHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSh-pPstiHA&feature=youtu.be
Let me know what you guys think. Be sure to watch all the way through. Didn't go exactly as planned towards the end but I'm happy how it turned out!

chetubet
07-05-2020, 12:32 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5147&stc=1
Here's my setup. Sadly, the two gorillas and two 200g 8 shot big bursts didn't go off. I tired putting them on the same connectors to shoot them at the same time as I was limited on que space. Should that have worked or no?

joewad
07-05-2020, 01:44 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5147&stc=1
Here's my setup. Sadly, the two gorillas and two 200g 8 shot big bursts didn't go off. I tired putting them on the same connectors to shoot them at the same time as I was limited on que space. Should that have worked or no?

Were you using Talons or similiar "element" item? If so, there's your answer. You need to get comfortable with initiators. I've got a !@#$ load of Talons gathering dust. I went hog wild my second year of using remote firing systems and had success the year before. That second year was a 30% + failure. One day I'll go down stairs , count and take pictures and offer to anyone free just pay shipping.

chetubet
07-05-2020, 01:56 PM
Were you using Talons or similiar "element" item? If so, there's your answer. You need to get comfortable with initiators. I've got a !@#$ load of Talons gathering dust. I went hog wild my second year of using remote firing systems and had success the year before. That second year was a 30% + failure. One day I'll go down stairs , count and take pictures and offer to anyone free just pay shipping.

Yea I used Talons. I'm going to invest in a Cobra for next year and stick to using initiators only.

Jay_
07-05-2020, 02:10 PM
Nice show! Sounds like everybody had a great time!

Those canister shells at the end with the tails on them....what were those?

chetubet
07-05-2020, 02:12 PM
Nice show! Sounds like everybody had a great time!

Those canister shells at the end with the tails on them....what were those?

Thanks! They were the new 5" wildcat cans from realtree. Really nice cans.

bcabron
07-05-2020, 05:09 PM
That was absolutely fantastic! Good work!

Jay_
07-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Thanks! They were the new 5" wildcat cans from realtree. Really nice cans.

Yeah those are awesome! going to have to pick some up

Mattp
07-05-2020, 08:18 PM
Great job!!! Yes those were nice shells too.. but overall really great job of keeping stuff in the air too ... definitely a whole new world with a firing system!!!

chetubet
07-05-2020, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the comments! Put a lot of peperation into planning it to ensure a great show for my neighborhood.

DavidthePyro
07-06-2020, 08:31 AM
The wildcats from last year(4") were HUGE breaks that went fricken high in the sky. This year were pretty good too. The blue excal cases this year are last years Wildcats rewrapped. Best excals I've had in years. The old ones have mines, the new ones have comets. I love those shells, my new favorite. American Fireworks house brand Nishikis were better than the raccoon nishiki shells too

patsy
07-06-2020, 10:50 AM
Awsome Show!!! and great products!!!
Yeah had the same issue with those talon ignitors 2 years back.

Salutecake
07-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Great Show!!!!!!!!!
Personally i gave up on consumer ematch. I was trying to check Dave's videos on ematch and I did find a couple on the MJG stuff but not one comparing consumer ematch to pro ematch. I might have mentioned it in another post, that it's worth buying Dave's DVD to get your FEL just to buy the pro-ematch. If you look at Dave's videos on consumer ematch, you see like a pop compared to a 1.3 that goes off like a sparkler or a fountain. The con's of the whole thing is yes the 1.3 ematch are regulated and rules do apply. The Pro's, a bigger blast of fire and I haven't checked but I believe the 1.3 ematch is less expensive than the consumer ematch.

For DavidthePyro above, I liked the Wildcats I had this year, I can't remember what package of Excals I bought this year but they were generically re-wrapped from something. The wildcats seemed a bit harder to poke than any other canister shell I bought, and some of the Excals I had (not all) had like a dab of some kind of sealant around the fuse into the lift charge.
Raccon Nishiki Blasts were good - I had some Dictator Shells that were good, and something called Overloaded were good. I wanted to get some Kingslayer and Grim reaper I think by Dominator and some Event Horizon shells, but could not locate any.

Hey sorry to get off track, Great show!!! Live and learn and it only gets bigger and better from here on out!!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2020, 12:11 AM
Great job!! It sure seems like there was more going up than what I see in your picture. Great selection of effects.

chetubet
07-07-2020, 08:54 AM
Great job!! It sure seems like there was more going up than what I see in your picture. Great selection of effects.

Haha Thanks Rick! Funny because as I mentioned the two gorillas didn't go off. I was going to use them as my fake finale and when they didn't go off I kind of panicked and just started hitting the rest of the buttons I had on my remote and that finale was the result! I am very pleased how it turned out. The best part for me was the end when everyone was clapping and you can hear they enjoyed the show... if you could of seen my face I had a grin from ear to ear! Heck even my girlfriend who doesn't like fireworks loved it and I got laid that night! LOL

chetubet
07-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Awsome Show!!! and great products!!!
Yeah had the same issue with those talon ignitors 2 years back.

Great Show!!!!!!!!!
Personally i gave up on consumer ematch. I was trying to check Dave's videos on ematch and I did find a couple on the MJG stuff but not one comparing consumer ematch to pro ematch. I might have mentioned it in another post, that it's worth buying Dave's DVD to get your FEL just to buy the pro-ematch. If you look at Dave's videos on consumer ematch, you see like a pop compared to a 1.3 that goes off like a sparkler or a fountain. The con's of the whole thing is yes the 1.3 ematch are regulated and rules do apply. The Pro's, a bigger blast of fire and I haven't checked but I believe the 1.3 ematch is less expensive than the consumer ematch.

For DavidthePyro above, I liked the Wildcats I had this year, I can't remember what package of Excals I bought this year but they were generically re-wrapped from something. The wildcats seemed a bit harder to poke than any other canister shell I bought, and some of the Excals I had (not all) had like a dab of some kind of sealant around the fuse into the lift charge.
Raccon Nishiki Blasts were good - I had some Dictator Shells that were good, and something called Overloaded were good. I wanted to get some Kingslayer and Grim reaper I think by Dominator and some Event Horizon shells, but could not locate any.

Hey sorry to get off track, Great show!!! Live and learn and it only gets bigger and better from here on out!!!!

Thanks guys!

BeerGuyEd
07-07-2020, 11:29 AM
I enjoyed your show. Nice selection of cakes and different effects. Some of those cans were great.

CozmicRooster
07-07-2020, 02:14 PM
Great show. Wouldn’t have known anything went missing. Good recovery.