PDA

View Full Version : Anticipation is killing me!!!!

Dash
07-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Hello pyros, is anyone else having a itchy fire finger lol? This year ive made the switch to fire electronically and I have a 9 minute display all mapped out. Im ready to get to fusing my cakes and racks...with this being my first show how early should i start to set up at the shoot site?

Berserker23
07-02-2020, 06:03 PM
I would start fusing the cakes right now and set up on shoot site early on the 4th make sure you have tarps just in case

AxeElf
07-02-2020, 06:31 PM
If you haven't started yet, you're already behind.

rfgonzo
07-02-2020, 11:11 PM
I start fusing about 3 weeks before the 4th. I would start ASAP. Setup on shoot day always takes longer then you think it will.

AxeElf
07-03-2020, 12:10 AM
I just wish the holiday was the 4th of April, 'cause putting together a show is a LOT of work, and when you're an overweight diabetic with a heart condition, doing it inside a garage in this 90 degree, 70% humidity is for the birds. It would still be a lot of work at 70 degrees and 20% humidity, but at least maybe I wouldn't feel like I was going to die after a couple hours.

On the plus side, I've actually lost about 25 lbs over the last few weeks since I've been working on this year's show, and on the even plusser side, there will be this year's show...