PDA

View Full Version : I need help with this cheep firing system

Harold
07-02-2020, 03:30 PM
So I got this $40 firing system and as i was testing it the remote would not connect to the modules. If anyone knows about this problem please help!

BMoore
07-02-2020, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=Harold;66708]So I got this $40 firing system and as i was testing it the remote would not connect to the modules. If anyone knows about this problem please help![/QUOTE

Do any of the modules work? Seems odd. Did you try to re-program/sync it? To do that use a paperclip to push the little recessed button above the lights. Then you press the button on the remote that you want the sequence to begin with for that particular module (i.e. 1,5,9). If that doesn't work you might have a lemon. Also make sure you are using fresh batteries. If the batteries are close to 100% these little systems can get glitchy.

chetubet
07-02-2020, 04:42 PM
I have the same one as you. On my remote, its ON is with the switch in the bottom position and OFF when its in the top position, so its counter intuitive to the modules. If you've checked that already, I am curious how you are testing? Make sure all your batteries are fully charged and not some off brand. My modules at first did not work because I was using some cheapo batteries. I switched em out with Energizers and BINGO it worked. If all this still doesn't work you can try re-syncing it as BMoore mentioned. Hope you get it working!

jamisonlm3
07-02-2020, 04:53 PM
When you turn on the remote on and press a button, does the LED light up on it?

displayfireworks1
07-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Get a paper clip and press that button inside that little yellow colored hole between cues 2 and 3. At the near the same time press a button on the turned one remote. This assumes the basics like your batteries are good and everything lights up and you turned it on.

Harold
07-02-2020, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Harold;66708]So I got this $40 firing system and as i was testing it the remote would not connect to the modules. If anyone knows about this problem please help![/QUOTE

Do any of the modules work? Seems odd. Did you try to re-program/sync it? To do that use a paperclip to push the little recessed button above the lights. Then you press the button on the remote that you want the sequence to begin with for that particular module (i.e. 1,5,9). If that doesn't work you might have a lemon. Also make sure you are using fresh batteries. If the batteries are close to 100% these little systems can get glitchy.
Just tired this and nothing happed these are fresh new batteries and everything turns on fine but every time I push a button on the remote nothing happens.

Harold
07-02-2020, 09:03 PM
Get a paper clip and press that button inside that little yellow colored hole between cues 2 and 3. At the near the same time press a button on the turned one remote. This assumes the basics like your batteries are good and everything lights up and you turned it on.
Still nothing everything turns on fine batteries are fine the remote just won’t connect it seems like.

Harold
07-02-2020, 09:06 PM
I have the same one as you. On my remote, its ON is with the switch in the bottom position and OFF when its in the top position, so its counter intuitive to the modules. If you've checked that already, I am curious how you are testing? Make sure all your batteries are fully charged and not some off brand. My modules at first did not work because I was using some cheapo batteries. I switched em out with Energizers and BINGO it worked. If all this still doesn't work you can try re-syncing it as BMoore mentioned. Hope you get it working!
I’m using brand new batteries. First I turn on everything then I try push the corresponding buttons on the remote to see if anything would happen on the modules when that didn’t work I did the steps BMoore and Dave said and still nothing.

DavidthePyro
07-02-2020, 09:46 PM
Sounds like you got a lemon of a firing system. Nail board method is a good backup if you can't get it to function and want to fire electronically still. One thing I would suggest is to make sure you are holding 1 down long enough on the remote when programming.

chetubet
07-02-2020, 10:06 PM
I’m using brand new batteries. First I turn on everything then I try push the corresponding buttons on the remote to see if anything would happen on the modules when that didn’t work I did the steps BMoore and Dave said and still nothing.

Are you testing with an e-match or LED or what?

Robbro097
07-02-2020, 10:51 PM
Where abouts in ohio r u? If you've tried all that and no luck i have a stack of those remotes i dont use if u want 1 no prob. Im crazy busy next 2 days but if i can help i dont mind. Send me a pm