PDA

View Full Version : your opinions on this conparison vid. from youtube

Icooclast
07-02-2020, 09:21 AM
was on youtube again, and saw this, they seem to have the biggest opinion there was the platnum shells were the best, i think they were about even. please watch the vid and tell me what you guys think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIUraLYvLj8

PS:
i think this comparison would have been easier if they did each one of them by them self a few times, instead of 24 at a time, what do you guys think? does lighting a bunch of the same item kinda taint the results a little?

thanks for reading (and hopefully) posting

DavidthePyro
07-02-2020, 09:44 AM
I like his vids. I can tell he is younger in that his fusing is kind of.. a shortcut often. I like the guy a lot so i don't want to be critical or judgmental.. But I agree. Need to cut the shell leads a little shorter and use 15sec/ft fuse to get a nice succession of shells for comparison videos. There's not a huge difference if you ask me. Seems to me that 5inch perform as well as some 4 inch shells I've shot. They've just downgraded the powder in some 4 inch to create differences between the two ia my guess. Like, excal may have weighed in at 55g average at some point. Now its probably 47g average. The 5 inch may be 55 average now. Just as an example though, don't take those numbers to mean anything. Its always the first few years of something that seem to be pretty good and over time there's some watering down, making room for new, innovative product that is ultimately, the same limitations of composition.

PyroGyro
07-02-2020, 10:02 AM
horrible video to compare shells. It's hard to compare shells when for each product you're throwing up sky puke. Also, not all of the break is in the frame of the video, so you not only can't tell how big the breaks are, but can't tell how high the lift is.

jamisonlm3
07-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Personally, the Growlers and new Platinums are actually good shells when compared to regular excals. Excals are fine, but you have no idea what you're getting with them. I'm not sure what the effects are for the Growlers since the effects are only listed on the shells, but from videos, they look like mainly color and strobe breaks or a combination of the two. The effects listed on the back of the Platinum box are the same as the ones listed on normal excals, but the shells are not the same. The Platnium's are supposed to have Nishiki, lace and possibly color changing effects. If I were looking to buy either, I'd go with the platinums.

Pgdark19
07-02-2020, 12:36 PM
I don't know, the more I watch and shoot shells. I'm of the opinion that shells are shells... not really a huge difference. they're all great.

BeerGuyEd
07-02-2020, 01:40 PM
I don't know, the more I watch and shoot shells. I'm of the opinion that shells are shells... not really a huge difference. they're all great.

I see all these people do videos on shells and argue over which ones are the best and then to show them off during their shows they shoot entire 12-36 shot racks in a matter of a couple of seconds. Why waste all that time and energy on shells that you appreciate for what they are.

displayfireworks1
07-02-2020, 06:35 PM
I getting word from some people in the business that those Excalibur Platinum shells are hot sellers Everyone seems to want them

upNdown
07-03-2020, 11:15 AM
You really can't tell from this video. This guy has had a youtube channel for ten years, he has almost 100k subscribers, he has great enthusiasm, but his crate fusing techniues are lacking and this was not a good presentation for a comparison.
That said, the platinums and the growlers both look great.