PDA

View Full Version : Rain protection plastic wrap

Berserker23
07-02-2020, 03:36 AM
Will the 200 gram and 500 gram cakes shoot through regular food plastic wrap,I want to make sure before I wrap the tops and sides because it looks like crappy weather for Florida on the 4th

Berserker23
07-02-2020, 06:05 PM
Can anybody help me out

AxeElf
07-02-2020, 06:36 PM
I have absolutely zero experience wrapping cakes for weather, but from everything I have seen, I would say you SHOULD be able to shoot through plastic wrap, although it might reduce the height of your breaks a little. The only thing that would worry me a little is that plastic wrap is made to be stretchy, when you really want a more brittle material that will ideally break just from the force of the explosion in the tubes and not have to burn through the plastic. Lightweight black plastic trash bags seem to be the material of choice--but in a pinch (and in theory) the plastic wrap should be ok too.

displayfireworks1
07-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Yes it will shoot through that thin plastic. That clear plastic in the sun will cause water to form under it . You did not say if you are using a firing system or not.

Berserker23
07-02-2020, 07:16 PM
Using cobra 72m with slats everything will be on boards so won?t be able to use the trash bag method like previous years and I will also have tarps covering everything, should I just use tarps or should I have another layer of protection

BMoore
07-02-2020, 08:45 PM
I’ve used plastic wrap as well as shrink wrap. Both work just fine, but I find garbage bags much easier and quicker.

displayfireworks1
07-02-2020, 08:56 PM
If its on boards and you are using a Cobra, get that roll of construction plastic and cover the entire board. Then pull it at shoot time.