PDA

View Full Version : Can you leave your fireworks out in the sun or a hot car for extended period of time?

chetubet
07-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Just like the title says... Wondering if its safe if I set up my show at the launch site a little earlier in the day or leave some in the car near by the launch site?

tmwjr
07-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Generally yes. Professional shows are often setup early then covered in black plastic and left out all day. Large shows are setup days in advance sometimes. I set my own up and do the same. Those things sit in hot magazines, containers, and warehouses for extended periods of time. Mine have been baking in the garage on boards since Saturday.

The bigger concern is with a kid or someone messing with them.

AxeElf
07-01-2020, 03:19 PM
They should be ok in the direct sun or even a hot car, but it is not recommended to mount a giant magnifying glass above them at any time.

As I recall, black powder ignites somewhere around 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and paper ignites at around 480 degrees, so you're probably not going to approach those temperatures even with a black interior.

chetubet
07-01-2020, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the insight fellas!

Fulliautomatix
07-01-2020, 04:09 PM
... and the wiseass answer... Yes, you can do it at least once!

HGS01
07-01-2020, 08:55 PM
yes we setup shows hours in advance and cover in black plastic... i e only use black plastic as clear plastic can sweat and we all know what moisture or water will do to your fireworks lol