PDA

View Full Version : Protecting from rain. How much is enough. Experience please

Jay_
07-01-2020, 02:21 AM
The night of the 4th is supposed to be clear, but we have a chance of rain in the forecast for both the 3rd and daytime 4th.

I am planning to take all of my boards out and set them in place on the 3rd. There is a chance that they may be rained on a few times potentially.

I have them wrapped in 4 mil plastic, and i'm also putting an 8 mil tarp over the top of that.

I'm asking you seasoned pro's out there....is this enough? Should there/can there be additional measures taken to protect my product.

Like many of you, i have a ridiculous amount of money tied up in product and i want to watch it pop...not just melt in the rain.

Thank you in advance!

Jay_
07-01-2020, 02:32 AM
Sorry, forgot to add that the boards are built on top of pallets to keep them 4" off of the ground also.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2020, 05:52 AM
If you have all the effects wrapped in plastic and tarps covering the boards, unless you have a hurricane blow through, you should be fine. It rains EVERY... STINKING... YEAR.... on my effects and I haven't lost a cake yet. Just make sure the tarps are secure and if you can, put a stake or something in the center to make it the high point so water runs off and doesn't pool on the tarp. Your biggest risk is going to be water spilling down on your cakes when you try to take the tarps off.

Jay_
07-01-2020, 10:12 AM
Thank you very much Rick! That’s the kind of advice I’m looking for. Appreciate it!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Any time buddy! Have a safe and happy 4th!!

PyroManiacs
07-03-2020, 09:18 AM
Jay, you are set with they way you have things. I don't forsee you having any issues. We sometimes lose even wrapped up cakes on 1.3 shows because we dont use pallets. Somehow moister still gets inside and damages the fuse. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Jay_
07-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Jay, you are set with they way you have things. I don't forsee you having any issues. We sometimes lose even wrapped up cakes on 1.3 shows because we dont use pallets. Somehow moister still gets inside and damages the fuse. ?\_(ツ)_/?5138

Thank you, makes me feel much better! That's why I love this place, so many experienced pyros willing to share their experience to help a brother out.

I took my 10 slat boards out yesterday and sat them down. I ended up even getting 2 20x30 tarps to triple cover the boards for the 72, and a 14x16 to triple cover the boards for the 36.

I'm feeling pretty confident now....after spending $400 on tarps that I didn't budget for.

Appreciate you guys, thanks again!

Jay_
07-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Any time buddy! Have a safe and happy 4th!!

You too partner!!

Maksim
07-04-2020, 03:58 AM

Thank you, makes me feel much better! That's why I love this place, so many experienced pyros willing to share their experience to help a brother out.

I took my 10 slat boards out yesterday and sat them down. I ended up even getting 2 20x30 tarps to triple cover the boards for the 72, and a 14x16 to triple cover the boards for the 36.

I'm feeling pretty confident now....after spending $400 on tarps that I didn't budget for.

Appreciate you guys, thanks again!

$400 on tarps?!!>!?! ARe they magic?

Harbor Freight. =P